Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 240 total)
  • I'm not a troll but…the bloke on an E-bike at degla today….
  • stoofus
    Free Member

Subject: E-bike Tosser

To whom it may concern, notably the E-bike BELLEND, who shouted “move out the way”, half way up the 3 mile climb at Degla.

Is your mother proud of you…?

My mother told me that hard work, patience and politeness are virtues.

Your fat-ass, ringing your bloody child’s bell at me, before shouting “move”, correspond to none of these values.

Today, I was cycling up a hill and a woman in front of me who had gashed her leg, was trying hard but was visibly slower than me. Instead of shouting “move”, I slowed down, asked if she was ok, gave her some words of encouragement and asked is she needed anything. I cycled behind her the whole way up the hill. I didn’t shout “move”, or “ring” my bell, because primarily, I’m not a bell end.

Thus, I suggest a few remedies to you

A) Recognise your fat arse is sat on a motorbike. I’m happy to share a trail with you in the same way I’m happy to share a road with a cyclist when I’m in a car. I don’t shout at the cyclist. I wait.

B) Make the trails a happy place. If some is slower than you say, “‘cuse mate”. I appreciate there are longer sentences but I’m not sure your intellect can handle it. There are people walking around Degla too. I said hello to and old Bloke walking his dog. I want people to like mountain bikers so they don’t write to the daily mail and advocate bans.

C) Shove the bell up your arse.

This isn’t a open letter to all E-bike riders. But don’t be like him.

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

Kettle’s on.

tjagain

e bike is irrelevant – tossers are tossers. But blocking the trail when someone wants past is hardly polite either is it.

2 entitled twits make what? a stramash

davosaurusrex

Did you express any of this to him at the time? If not why not?

monkeysfeet
    Free Member

We came across some Bell Ends on E Bikes at Grisedale a few weeks ago.
    Sometimes Bell Ends ride Bikes, sometimes they are e Bikes.
    Just ignore them

stevied
    Free Member

Electric kettle CFH?

nairnster
    Free Member

Meekly move over at the time. Then later make a rant directed at someone who in all probability will never see it.

Got to love STW

Oh and did you get a good look at the womans gash?

stoofus
    Free Member

tjagain – if he’d asked before riding his motorbike past at 25mph my mate would have had time to move over.

davosarus – couldnt keep up, but I was gonna return to the carpark and write him an angry letter…

singlespeedstu

Is this electric kettle restricted to 15.5 MPH?

funkmasterp

You should have found a suitably sized stick to throw through his spokes 😈 sounds like he’d be an arrogant bellend regardless of his chosen mode of transport.

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

It’s a boil-assist, Stu.

tjagain

If it was an e bike they are restricted to 15.5 mph. so not a motorbike and not going past at 25 mph

tjagain

So he asked you to move over and rang his bell as is the correct thing to do – you refused to move over and he squeezed past?

do you complain about fitter folk overtaking you?

MrPottatoHead

If it was an e bike they are restricted to 15.5 mph

Of course they are 🙄

singlespeedstu

So just reaches the boiling point faster but then requires so much effort to push it past boiling it’s not worth it then.
    All this piss and steam can be explained in a few words.
    Degla on a sunny sunday…

PiknMix
    Free Member

Who’s got the biscuits? (Other than the lardy on the ebike in the op)

tjagain

mrpotatohead – if they are not restricted to 15.5 mph then they are illegal vehicles – not usable anywhere except private land with the landowners permission and are not e bikes. Its one of the definitions of an e bike – that its restricted to 15.5 mph

stoofus
    Free Member

tjagain – it wasn’t me.

The time between him ringing his bell, shouting move and going round my mate was about 2 seconds.

That’s what I objected to.

sc-xc

Having read that a few times, I can’t see how he inconvenienced you.

What’s the problem? Apart from being overtaken?

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

Stu, it tops out at 98.2°C

binners

Aren’t trail centres just recognised as bell-end magnets anyway?

There’s your problem, right there.

finbar
    Free Member

Well, there seem to be lots of live-and-let-live types on here, but I for one would be delighted if e-bikes were banned from use on bridleways/trail centres. Sadly I don’t think that’s going to happen.

tjagain

stufus – don’t try racing then – that would count as a polite overtake from a racer

CFH – makes lousy tea then your electric assist kettle

sc-xc

Well, there seem to be lots of live-and-let-live types on here, but I for one would be delighted if bikes with gears were banned from use on bridleways/trail centres. Sadly I don’t think that’s going to happen.

tjagain

finbar ebikes are legally bikes – how can you ban them? Unless its private property of course

singlespeedstu

98.2…
    Puts teabagback in trousers away. 😯

carlos
    Free Member

Pik n Mix – Member
    Who’s got the biscuits? (Other than the lardy on the ebike in the op)

Did have, but scranned them all reading the Strava following/followers ratio thread.

psycorp
    Free Member

Ebikes arse holes should realise their mistake and flail themselves to within an inch of their lives, especially when combined with bellendery attitude.

akira

To be honest if someone shouted move out of the way to me at a trail centre, I’d be elbows out and crawling for a bit. I have no issue with letting faster riders past no matter what their mode of transport but if you’re wearing your Bawbag hat then youll have to wait the mandatory amount of time before you go past.

stoofus
    Free Member

“I’m sorry officer, I beeped my horn and shouted move and 2 seconds later be didn’t move, so I drove my car in to his arse”

chrisylad24
    Free Member

E bike rage is a real thing i came across a large angry tatooed man at degla today he also said i was an attention seeker because i was riding a fat bike the man is a menace

godzilla
    Free Member

I do like an E-bike thread.

nealglover
    Free Member

I for one would be delighted if e-bikes were banned from use on bridleways/trail centres. Sadly I don’t think that’s going to happen.

No. You are correct. it won’t.

Mainly because it’s such a stupid idea.

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

Teabag, Stu?

Heathen.

Loose leaf or death!

dangeourbrain
    Free Member

half way up the 3 mile climb at Degla.

Am i right i thinking this is the big three or four riders wide fire road/double track climb from the car park? Two of you would have been doing well to block that whilst having any consideration for other trail users.

singlespeedstu

i came across a large angry tatooed man

*Sniggers*

steveirwin
    Free Member

tjagain – Member

If it was an e bike they are restricted to 15.5 mph. so not a motorbike and not going past at 25 mph

It could be restricted to 3.5mph for all I care. If it’s powered by a motor it’s a motor bike.

bruneep

Not tea or biscuits for me, I’m on the Malbec.

nairnster
    Free Member

Thats ok then. Because e bike motors assist the rider. They dont solely power the bike.

singlespeedstu

How exactly do you go about loose leafing someone? 😯

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 240 total)

The topic ‘I'm not a troll but…the bloke on an E-bike at degla today….’ is closed to new replies.