Viewing 40 posts - 41 through 80 (of 240 total)
  • I'm not a troll but…the bloke on an E-bike at degla today….
  • CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

😆

Tiger6791

I cycled behind her the whole way up the hill

We all know the real reason 😆

We’ve all done it

sc-xc

Good god.

So people are ok with mad amounts of suspension, gears, droppers…but can’t cope with other people using an ebike?

Why does it matter?

steveirwin
    Free Member

nairnster – Member

Thats ok then. Because e bike motors assist the rider. They dont solely power the bike.

What so it stops when you take your feet off the pedals whilst going uphill?

nickc

Loose leaf or death!

Family motto?

chrisylad24
    Free Member

There was a huge amount of dead baby robbins left in the wake of the ebikers this cant be right shirley ?

tjagain

steveirwin

correct – if its a legal e bike. Pedelecs they are – they add in power according to how much you pedal. a few older ones had a throttle but now thats not allowed.

https://www.gov.uk/electric-bike-rules

dangeourbrain
    Free Member

chrisylad24 – Member
    There was a huge amount of dead baby robbins left in the wake of the ebikers this cant be right shirley ?

But that’s what baby robin’s are for, what else would they do for gainful employment if not die en masse and on command?

munrobiker
    Free Member

What so it stops when you take your feet off the pedals whilst going uphill?

Erm, yeah, actually. Cos it isn’t a motorbike.

This is the problem with the anti ebike crowd. None of them have any clue what they are talking about.

To the OP- your post would be as relevant if it made no mention of him veing on an ebike. Imagine the same post if it said “Bloke on a full suspension bike was a bellend at Llandegla today”. It makes no difference. You met a bellend. There are lots of them. All you needed to say was “Bloke was a bellend at Llandegla today”. And it would have been no more interesting.

bigyim
    Free Member

I think e bikes should be in the same class as motorbikes.
    It isn’t the same sport and if you can’t be arsed to pedal then get a proper motor bike instead of trying to hijack a proper sport.

In a few years time when all the ebikes are banned from trail centres, roads , pavements and bridleways then good luck selling them. I can see someone getting hurt by an ebike and a big lawsuit coming their way

dirtyboy

If I’m on my ebike and I see someone crawling up a double track or fire road climb I stick it in turbo and offer a push assist if they look knackered.

somafunk

No tea for me thanks, I’m already on the whisky so who **** wants some?….. come on you ****……..if I say move out of the way then do as I say.

On a more serious note I hope you mentioned to him as he passed you that he was riding like a dick and to reign his **** neck in but as you’ve vented on a forum I figure you merely stored your frustration till you got home and let it pour out over a keyboard.

Tip for future reference, it takes all sorts of people to be a dick, better to tell them there and then that they are acting like a dick or even a **** if you think they deserve such a verbal slap.

You’ll feel better for venting at the time of the incident rather than waiting a few hours to tell your forum friends

chrisylad24
    Free Member

E bikes brexit trump these are dark times we live in

munrobiker
    Free Member

I can see someone getting hurt by an ebike and a big lawsuit coming their way

I can see anyone getting hurt by any bicycle travelling at 15mph. It happened to me just last week. There have been no big lawsuits.

colp

I’m going to get a diesel eBike, that’ll learn the haters.

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

I’m already on the whisky so who **** wants some?….. come on you ****

singlespeedstu

It isn’t the same sport and if you can’t be arsed to pedal then get a proper motor bike instead of trying to hijack a proper sport.

Is wobbling round a trail center a sport at all never mind a proper sport?

DezB
    Free Member

Me and my son rode up a hill on some ebikes today – as I passed a bloke winching his way up I said “Sorry mate, this isn’t really mountain biking!” and all 3 of us had a laugh. Jeez, what fun being able to ride hard mtb trails with my lad (without him moaning about the climbs!). Loved it. Then.. then.. this horrible thing happened… my son was faster than me.. on the DOWNHILLS! 😥

PiknMix
    Free Member

Did have, but scranned them all reading the Strava following/followers ratio thread.

Well that’s just greedy, found this for you.

Rorschach
    Free Member

Pook

It’s cos he’s fat, isn’t it Dez?

chrisrobs
    Free Member

Agree with somafunk

Sandwich

Captain my principles are offended.

Proper tea is theft.

IGMC

esselgruntfuttock
    Free Member

Reminds me of the 2 riders who passed me going up Captain Cooks last year, ‘it’s much easier like this’, one of them said as he passed me near the top.
    Then had the lip on & called me ‘reckless’ as I passed him going down the other side. 😈

bigyim
    Free Member

Dez b, how’s he ever going to ride hard trails on a normal bike if all he is going to ride is an ebike? Serious question.
    How will he ever get fitter if he’s not doing exercise?

curto80
    Free Member

Well I’m with the OP even if none of you harsh bar stewards are

tjagain

big yim

I take it you have never ridden one? I uysed one for commutting including some big hills – I arrived just a out of breath as I would on my non assist bike – it just took me less time
    250W is not a lot. Even on a road climb you have to pedal hard to maintain 15 mph once the slope gets to about 1:7

they will never be mainstream for MTBs as they are compromised going downhill with allthe extra weight

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

how’s he ever going to ride hard trails on a normal bike if all he is going to ride is an ebike? Serious question.
    How will he ever get fitter if he’s not doing exercise?

davidtaylforth
    Free Member

To the OP- your post would be as relevant if it made no mention of him veing on an ebike. Imagine the same post if it said “Bloke on a full suspension bike was a bellend at Llandegla today”. It makes no difference. You met a bellend. There are lots of them. All you needed to say was “Bloke was a bellend at Llandegla today”. And it would have been no more interesting.

The fact he was on an ebike is very relevant. Having that amount of power on tap that enables him to go 25mph up a climb; it gives him the same mentality that many car drivers have i.e. “get out of my way, I’m faster than you.”

They need banning, the sooner the better.

nealglover
    Free Member

This is the problem with the anti ebike crowd. None of them have any clue what they are talking about.

Followed instantly by a perfect example …..

I think e bikes should be in the same class as motorbikes.

In a few years time when all the ebikes are banned from trail centres, roads , pavements and bridleways then good luck selling them. I can see someone getting hurt by an ebike and a big lawsuit coming their way

munrobiker
    Free Member

Big yim- maybe he’s tennis fit, or rugby fit or isn’t interested in being especially fit. Why does he have to do them on a normal bike? You know most people ride for fun, not fitness? For me fitness is part of the fun but there’s no rule when you buy a bike saying that that’s how it has to be.

My wife is healthy and does enough exercise. She’s really slow on a bike and has no desire to get faster. She just likes it.

wrecker
    Free Member

The bike is irrelevant really. If anyone shouted “MOVE” at me, I’d slow down.
    E bikes may cost a lot but common courtesy does not.

bigyim
    Free Member

Tjagain if you arrived just as out of breath then why didn’t you take your normal bike ?

munrobiker
    Free Member

To get there quicker?

You must be trolling. No one can be so dense.

aracer
    Free Member

An impolite cyclist earlier:

white van runs cyclist off road

Very close call for this cyclist in the UK. He was lucky there was a grass verge at the side of the road.The cyclist looked to have taken the primary position on the road as there was a double solid line and appeared to be pulling in closer to the side of the road once the line was broken again.

Posted by The Bike Comes First on Friday, May 5, 2017

tjagain

Not really the same aracer is it? sounds like a nice wide fireroad climb as well 😉

somafunk

They need banning, the sooner the better.

No David, you need banning for your very poor attempts at trolling, sad to say but I once thought your posts were amusing but these days you appear to say anything to garner a response.

wilburt
    Free Member

Suprised moto/e bikes are allowed at Trail centres.

chrisylad24
    Free Member

E bikes are the new x box soon be the norm for all the cool kids

davidtaylforth
    Free Member

No David, you need banning for your very poor attempts at trolling, sad to say but I once thought your posts were amusing but these days you appear to say anything to garner a response.

🙂 I’m sorry, but I still think my first point stands.

I do quite like ebikes, but felt the “anti” crowd were being outnumbered.

Viewing 40 posts - 41 through 80 (of 240 total)

The topic ‘I'm not a troll but…the bloke on an E-bike at degla today….’ is closed to new replies.