Home Forums Chat Forum HOPE not hate – inside the far right

Viewing 22 posts - 1 through 22 (of 22 total)
  • HOPE not hate – inside the far right
    wheelsonfire1

This should be worth watching on Channel Four, this Monday at 22.00. This the first time that this very brave organisation (Hope not hate) has allowed cameras to follow one of their undercover investigations. The film was due to premiere at a film festival but due to safety concerns for the staff at the venue it was pulled.IMG_3487

weeksy

Oh yeah, looks like a bundle of joy for a wet evening

Cougar2
    Free Member

I expect that will be a difficult but important watch.  Cheers for the PSA.

pondo

Oh yeah, looks like a bundle of joy for a wet evening

IF you’re not bothered by the far right, don’t worry your little socks about it.

wheelsonfire1

@weeksy I’m sure you’ll not be out at that time on a Monday testing your courage against an inanimate trail? Broaden your horizons!

weeksy

@pondo

It is allowed not to be positive about articles you know. This places baffles me that you’re not allowed to disagree with things

weeksy

Broaden your horizons

Why? It only seems to make people angry/unhappy if you look at threads on here. Staying within my bubble means I can remain positive when many other seemingly cannot.

Tom-B
    Free Member

Surely you’d just not post then? Some people are both very worried about the Far Right and also interested in ways in which to stop them.

Should be a good but difficult watch.

weeksy

Surely you’d just not post then?

Why? Why does everything have to agree these days. Why do people who are negative towards something not allowed an opinion as much as anyone else.

It’s a bit of a bugbear for me on this site, as soon as you don’t agree with a thread you’re pulled up on it.

I don’t really do politics so I have no idea what it’ll be about, but reading the blurb it doesn’t sound like fun. Hence my comment

wheelsonfire1

@weeksy I wouldn’t regard your first response as positive! Staying in a bubble and ignoring the outside world allows hate to fester, getting involved, even if it’s in a small way can help improve our lives and the lives of others.

Tom-B
    Free Member

Well I mean I for instance hate football and hate top gear, but I’d not go on those threads to say how much I dislike them, I’d just ignore. I’m sure you’d find it pretty weird if people constantly posted on the thread about your pads racing to say that they weren’t interested and found it boring….(To clarify, that’s not my view of the thread).

Also, what @wheelsonfire1 said

weeksy

Fair call. *Thumbs up smiley that doesn’t exist any more*

pondo

It is allowed not to be positive about articles you know. This places baffles me that you’re not allowed to disagree with things

OF course you can – as you clearly demonstrated, you can say what you want.

But here’s the thing – so can I.

Cougar2
    Free Member

This places baffles me that you’re not allowed to disagree with things

Don’t talk soft. Of course you’re allowed to disagree with things. But that same allowance extends to others who by turns may disagree with you.

It’s a bit of a bugbear for me on this site, as soon as you don’t agree with a thread you’re pulled up on it.

… good?

Is this not how we learn things?

thebees
    Free Member

Should be an interesting watch. Hopefully it will be about actual far right nut jobs rather than anyone who doesn’t believe in unmanaged immigration.

zippykona

I used to drink in a pub that skrewdriver drank in. They lionised our second world war veterans but had swastika tattoos . Admittedly I never asked any of them how that squared.

Admittedly I never asked any of them how that squared.

I have. Didn’t end well.

argee

Meh, looking at that poster just makes me think it’ll be sensationalist blurb, i doubt anything new will be in it, we’ve seen a fair few behind the curtains stuff before, a lot of us have grown up around a lot of the nutters and after the riots earlier this year, we kind of know the proper far right are a bit of a laughing stock now, rather than a great threat to the survival of the UK.

MoreCashThanDash

I expect that will be a difficult but important watch. Cheers for the PSA

My thought as well.

Though having taken my parents up to the annual cousins reunion today,  I feel I’ve been inside this programme. The three non racists retreated to the washing up when it got political.

chrismac

Surely you’d just not post then? Some people are both very worried about the Far Right and also interested in ways in which to stop them.

Ots a shame they aren’t as worried about the rise of far left terrorist sympathisers  round the world

@weeksy
    . You have to be on messsge if you don’t want shooting down. I agree with you staying in your own bubble is far better than getting angry about things you can’t change.

Cougar2
    Free Member

Ots a shame they aren’t as worried about the rise of far left terrorist sympathisers  round the world

Extremists of any creed are rarely a good thing.  Though you generally need to go in the other direction if you’re looking for genocidal maniacs.  “Far left terrorists” tend to be anarchists or communists rather than ethnic cleansers.

It’s not for me but given a “lesser of two evils” scenario I’d rather be on the side not typically associated with words like “Reich.”

fazzini

Didn’t end well

Hopefully for the knuckledraggers

Viewing 22 posts - 1 through 22 (of 22 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.