Home Forums Bike Forum HoNC 2024

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • HoNC 2024
    100psi
    Free Member

Any one going this year?
    I will be there on my Chisel HT with 2.25 Mezcal front and rear
    If the weather is still good and I feel up to it, I hope to attempt the new ultra distance.

tim-o
    Free Member

I’ll be there.  HotNC virgin.

Was just about to post asking for advice on gravel bike or hardtail. Got both. And if gravel bike then 38mm or 44mm tyres? Too much choice!

tomvet

Yep I will be there, Santa Cruz Highball hard tail with Thunder Burt tyres and aero bars on ( because I haven’t got around to removing them after a hike packing trip / secretly like them).

Should be quicker than my first HONC 15 years ago, on a Kona Blast, with heavy high rollers and a camelback packed to the nines.  This was in the old April slot and the weather was filthy.

ajantom

I was hoping to, and some friends are doing the big distance, but family commitments mean I’m busy this weekend.

Have fun, and the weather forecast looks ok :-)

wingnuts

IMG_8751IMG_8752

My ride came to an end after a disagreement with a pothole on tarmac! The weather would have made it a great day as well. Oh well there’s next year. I’m going to ask them to put on a 70km distance to celebrate my birthday. I rode the first 10 events and have returned another 10 or so times over the years. A very special event run by a great club and team.

tomvet

We finished the 100km route, was a lot more elevation than last year which caught me out.  The trails were dry and running really well.

Took just under 6hrs to get around, feeling cooked now.     Really well organised as ever.

100psi
    Free Member

I managed the XL 140k on my Chisel ht. I think it was the best bike for the event, Judging by the rim above and the amount of gravel bikes upside down mending punctures.
    Overall it was a great route and the weather held out.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.