Home Forums Bike Forum Helmet padding glue

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Helmet padding glue
  • breninbeener

Ive got a helmet and the pads to make it comfortable/adjist the fit, are open cell foam, with some fabric attached to the front and back surface of the foam.

This fabric then attach3s to the velcro on the inside of the helmet.

However the fabric has become detachwd from the foam, so the pad is no longer secured in the helmet.

Any idea what i can use to attach the fabric to the foam so im back with a functioning helmet?

Thanks

Ian

moimoifan
    Free Member

Needle and thread?

My first job on buying a new helmet is to sew some rough stitches around the edges of all the pads to stop them coming apart. Just very rough – takes about 30 mins – it’s not the Bayeaux Tapestry.

Or are you saying the foam is too bulky for this?

boblo
    Free Member

I had the exact same issue. Used Loctite All Purpose adhesive. Spirit based clear glue like UHU. I tried late (Copydex) but it wasn’t as good.

theotherjonv

just get some new pads, by the time you’ve priced up the glue and/or your time sewing – and they’ll be fresh and hygienic

theotherjonv

don’t know why linking doesn’t work – add amazon.co.uk to this string

/Padding-Universal-Bicycle-Airsoft-Motorcycle/dp/B0B3ZYCGQK/ref=asc_df_B0B3ZYCGQK/?tag=googshopuk-21&linkCode=df0&hvadid=606636062855&hvpos=&hvnetw=g&hvrand=14964180550327436625&hvpone=&hvptwo=&hvqmt=&hvdev=c&hvdvcmdl=&hvlocint=&hvlocphy=1007150&hvtargid=pla-1736708777680&psc=1

bikesandboots

Tacky PVA glue. I’ve used it for similar things.

Kramer
    Free Member

What glue would people recommend to glue the pads back to the helmet polystyrene type material please?

dyna-ti

Double sided tape probably, but not that foam stuff.

Or that foam stuff, which is pretty sticky.

joshvegas
    Free Member

Yeah double sided take. 3M stuff for preference. But get it right because when your press it down its not coming off without a fight

Kramer
    Free Member

Thanks.

susepic

You can buy sticky velcro hook dots to stick on the polystyrene of the helmet, and the pads (stitched, new or whatever) just stick to them

bikesandboots

Yeah double sided take. 3M stuff for preference. But get it right because when your press it down its not coming off without a fight

Sweat gets my 3M tape off after a while. What specifically are you using? VHB?

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.