Home Forums Chat Forum Hebden Bridge Trouser Company

Viewing 40 posts - 1,081 through 1,120 (of 1,152 total)
  • Hebden Bridge Trouser Company
    jambourgie
    Free Member

<div class=”bbp-reply-content”>

Nooo. According to the website, slimmest are M1 Double Black. Just went to buy and my size is sold out and discontinued!

</div>

Quoting myself. Weird, just tried again and was able to order. Website glitch? Anyway, excited! Been prevaricating on this for years, put off with the buying blind thing. The Bank Holiday sale is a great incentive. will update with a review.

simondbarnes

The linen shirts are rather nice if you’re looking for something for the warmer months 🙂

Linen Shirt / Grey

simondbarnes

Can’t believe that they’re discontinuing their GVNR Moleskins, have had to buy another pair at the clearance price!

GVNR Moleskin Jeans / Grey

IvanDobski
    Free Member

Bit of a thread resurrection – is there anywhere to see/try any of this before ordering or do I just need to roll the dice and see what turns up?
    I need a bit of a wardrobe refresh but hate ordering stuff and then sending it all back when it inevitably doesn’t suit me. So I keep it, don’t wear it and don’t shop at wherever it was ever again because I wasted money with them last time – which obviously isn’t ideal.

simondbarnes

is there anywhere to see/try any of this before ordering or do I just need to roll the dice and see what turns up?

There isn’t. The sizing guides are good and emails with queries are responded to swiftly (although I’d like to think you wouldn’t get a reply for a few days if you sent one tonight :-) )

squirrelking
    Free Member

Dunno about seeing it physically, I just went through this with Community Clothing, their moleskins were great (more my style than Heb) but the denim sizing was just stupid whilst the Heb canvas was the right fit. To be fair both show a detailed size chart on their respective sites and from what I’ve bought the photography is spot on so you know what you’ll be getting as far as looks go.

@brant
    do you do demo days?

IvanDobski
    Free Member

Not responding to emails late on xmas eve night? They’re never going to establish themselves as successful trouser-based entrepreneurs with that attitude to customer service! 😉

kayak23

brant do you do demo days?

They need a Sam, like Cotic have.
    Driving round the country with a van full of strides, meeting at popular trouser hotspots for people to take them out for a spin before they buy.

squirrelking
    Free Member

Haha, actually wouldn’t be a bad idea having a travelling sample set for the likes of demo days and races, it’s whether it would pay for itself is the issue I guess.

teaandbiscuits
    Free Member

I just went through this with Community Clothing, their moleskins were great (more my style than Heb) but the denim sizing was just stupid

As someone who has enough community vouchers for a pair of jeans, what’s up with the sizing? I’m usually between a 32 and 34 waist but the 34s sound like the legs are mad wide and the 32 waist is a bit snug compared to others (especially when shrinkage is likely).

I emailed them on the 17th December for advice but no reply as yet.

Harry_the_Spider

I’ve got a 34″ waist and 32″ leg. I find that the 34″/32″ fit perfectly.

brant
    Free Member

@brant do you do demo days?

No sorry. And yes. A bit slow.
    Even a shop is beyond us.
    Waist sizes from 30 to 44
    Legs from 28 to 34 and longer sometimes.
    Different fabrics across four different cuts.

Let me know if I can help.

brant
    Free Member

New moleskins landing next week too. New cut. See here:-
    https://hebtro.co/product-category/hebtroco-jeans/moleskin-trousers/

We have a LOT of new models dropping in the next year with new cloths and cuts. It’s going to be a banger. Feels like 8 years in we’ve finally got a team and a plan.

squirrelking
    Free Member

@teaandbiscuits exactly that, they’re bloody enormous. I have no idea who they’re designed for other than international props or Olympic track cyclists.

That was the straight cut selvedge in 34/32, they all seem to be cut for a size up and the proper sized ones are elasticated which was a no for me, I’ll wait till Heb get some more dark canvas ones in.

@brant
    not a fan of the stitched pockets but I’m obviously an outlier given how many you shift. Will keep an eye out for the new stuff though. Oh, since you’re here are you ever going to do a non-locking version of the jack knife? Seems like you’re missing a trick given its otherwise the right size for EDC if that’s someone’s thing.

teaandbiscuits
    Free Member

@squirrelking – thanks, even though that’s not what I wanted to hear :-/

They’ve sent me a free postage code so I may as well try them and return for something else I guess.

brant
    Free Member

More canvas coming in summer but in wider leg cut.
    Non locking folding single blade stainless knife should have been out last month but hopefully early next.

squirrelking
    Free Member

Ah, like my tans in the cut you had (despite now hitting a 34 I’m still otherwise skinny)! Still plenty of jeans in other cuts though so happy days.

Can’t please all the people all the time.

razorrazoo

How do the canvas jeans fit up? I prefer a narrower style and these have a wider bottom opening than I usually wear, the pics on the website make them look fairly slim?

Also does anyone wear Nudie jeans and how do they find they size vs HTC? I’ve done the measuring as per the guide and looks like 34 should fit but I’m paranoid I’ll buy too small.

Finally before I buy there’s not likely to be any new year offers ( I know that here’s no usually a sale as such)? 

brant
    Free Member

Nudie are consistent with ours in rigid denim.
    No sales planned.

razorrazoo

Nudie are consistent with ours in rigid denim.No sales planned.

Thanks, just checked and all my pairs have elastine in them as I tend to wear a slimmer cut (I’m also looking at the R14s and know they’ll be a bit more roomy as non stretch). The most ‘rigid’ pair is a 34/30 which don’t seem to have any give at the waist and aren’t tight there, so I guess I’d go for that (not a big fan of turn ups so would need to size for a 28 leg in the jeans I guess). 

brant
    Free Member

Free shipping on orders over £100 now.
    Turnups make sense on proper denim unless you’re never going to wash them.
    M16s and GVNR16s are tough when new but break in lovely.
    That said I have some diamond crotch prototypes in the R14 fabric and they’re great too.

squirrelking
    Free Member

How do the canvas jeans fit up?

Fit is comparable to my old Uniqlo/Muji straight cut jeans, not particularly slim (but not stupidly baggy either).

razorrazoo

Free shipping on orders over £100 now.

Excellent, just need to figure out whether to take a punt on the canvas too.

On the turnup decision, I think a 28 (30) would still enable me to have a little one if I wanted but also the option to turn down and not be too long.

brant
    Free Member

R14s are discontinued (the last jeans we made with the Community Clothing factory) so I think might only be an option in M16s (ongoing model. Heavier denim. Decembers best seller).

razorrazoo

R14s still available on the website. Not sure I want mega heavy denim, more mulling over to do in the dog walk. 

brant
    Free Member

Oh they’re in stock. I just meant sizes are becoming limited and won’t be reordered.
    Same for original Gvnr too.

simondbarnes

Same for original Gvnr too

Oh, I like the cut of the Gvnr. Glad I stocked up! The cord overshirts are lovely. May have to get another at some point 🙂

20231226_143642

razorrazoo

New jeans day today, R14s arrived this morning (along with a pair of Nudie’s found in the sales).

Sizing is spot on for me (chuffed to find out that I haven’t been wearing ‘vanity sized’ jeans so 34 does fit!) and the denim feels really nice (softer than expected).

brant
    Free Member

Great to hear. How do they compare to Nudies.

razorrazoo

Great to hear. How do they compare to Nudies.

These are the first pair of jeans I’ve had in a non stretch denim for years (aside from a pair of Edwin I found in TKMaxx clearance section which I’m not too fond of so are on dog walking duties). Size wise the waist measurement is pretty much spot on vs the Nudies I have (several pairs in different fits, I’m a big fan as they fit me well and are super comfy and have not bought anything else bar the Edwin’s for several years). Due to the skinny fit and soft denim I tend to blow the crotch after a while (I have a couple of pairs which I need to take for their free repair service at the moment) so interested to see how the HTC hold up, I’m expecting much better due to the denim and the looser fit.  I have noticed on of the fly buttons has a little up and down play (I guess this is where the bottom is riveted together, the others are solid) so will keep an eye on it.  Will be keeping an eye out for other models as would buy again. 

tuboflard

Bought a pair of jeans from them on New Year’s Eve and like a d!ck didn’t try them on until last week. Way too long. Returns policy is meant to be 14 days but a quick email exchange and I’ve swapped them out for a slightly different pair with the addition of a few magic beans (pair I wanted originally were out of stock in the right length).

Great service as always, glad I was there at the start with the original moleskins on Kickstarter.

simondbarnes

Had my 303 jacket for a while now. I was trying to hold out until I got a job but then I may have missed the chance to get one. Very glad that I didn’t wait. Lovely bit of kit and I can now walk to the pub without getting wet :-)

bigginge

Banner!

jca

A banner is not necessarily helpful…look what happened to the last inhabitant of that space!

I’m eyeing up those rather nice overshirts.

The Man of Action jumper and 303 smock is giving me real 90’s/00’s nostalgia. Does the jumper come with a lace for the neck. 😂

simondbarnes

I’m eyeing up those rather nice overshirts.

The cord one is my favourite :-)

chakaping

I’d have thought Levi’s 512 (bad gateway) would have been a better fit for a banner advert on here ;)

simondbarnes

I can’t remember the last time I had some blue jeans, definitely prefer black ones. These do look good though.

GVNR-JP Selvedge Denim Jeans / Indigo

spectabilis
    Free Member

Yes, like the look of those new Black horse made M16’s sadly still not catering for odd numbers specifically 33” sizes…

the-muffin-man

When Brant starts making Hawaiian shirts again I might me tempted! :-)

Viewing 40 posts - 1,081 through 1,120 (of 1,152 total)

The topic ‘Hebden Bridge Trouser Company’ is closed to new replies.