• This topic has 472 replies, 99 voices, and was last updated 1 month ago by Watty.
Viewing 40 posts - 121 through 160 (of 473 total)
  • Heating oil – how much!
  • SSS
    Free Member

@blitz thanks! I’ll maybe give them a call, i normally use OilFast or Gleaner

FunkyDunc
    Free Member

So apparently oil users will be getting £100 towards our oil cost from October but how will 1. They know who we are 2. Get it to us?

We need it back dating , oil is now half the price it was a few months back but still roughly double what it used to be 🙁

longdog
    Free Member

I wondered that too! It’s only £100, but I want it!

sharkbait
    Free Member

It’s going to be interesting to see how they do it – I have 4 different suppliers that I order from depending upon price.

I did think that £100 wasn’t much but, seeing as we also get the £400 gas/electricity payment, it’s £100 more than people who use gas are getting!

FunkyDunc
    Free Member

Yep I can’t see how any system would work.

I can see a bit like ev car charging points that the supplier would have to reclaim from the government, but that would be massive to administer + open to fraud and potential losses for the oil companies

richmars

I had an email from Boilerjuice saying, regarding getting the £100 payment:

‘Inevitably this will take some time, so we strongly recommend that customers do not wait if they need heating oil. We are working closely with the government to find a solution and ensure that heating oil households receive their £100 as soon as possible.’

Not sure how much this is useful info or just them trying to get some orders.

chrisyork

We bought when it was 93p /l thinking it’s just start going up over winter, very silly as Truss came into power and within days it was down at around 77p I think! Then again we have 1000l and a new born literally days away so priorities are different 🤣

intheborders
    Free Member

This £100.

Is it
    – per household with oil
    – per household oil order
    – for each oil order
    – something else

I did think that £100 wasn’t much but, seeing as we also get the £400 gas/electricity payment, it’s £100 more than people who use gas are getting!

Yes, but we pay more (per unit) for our electricity because we don’t get the dual-fuel discount.

MrGrim

89p a litre this week for 1000 litres in Kinross-shire. We’re now sitting with about 2/3 of a tank which should do us through most of spring.

duncancallum

Mentioned to Mark on here I work in this industry, need to see if u can get a scheme or discount code set up so I cab try n get a stw rate for folk.

How many of us are on kero?

Can’t promise anything but if I know jow much there is volume wise I can at least try.

joelowden

Me !

andrewh
    Free Member

Yes, but we pay more (per unit) for our electricity because we don’t get the dual-fuel discount.

So do those of us who use wood.
    But then my wood is free so🤷‍♂️

Daffy

Thanks @duncancallum – I’d be up for that.

bruk

Thanks @duncancallum. On Oil for heating and water. Currently holding out on the heating going on.

blitz

@duncancallum On Kero for heating and water 👍

Jordan

Count me in please @duncancallum

northernremedy

Me!

lesgrandepotato

Me!

tillydog
    Free Member

Me too.

ashmonkey
    Free Member

And me

boblo
    Free Member

Moi aussi!

pjacko
    Free Member

Water and (as yet unused) heating here too

bigfoot
    Free Member

gotr about 400l left so will need some soon, just hard to judge when to order at the moment, last time was about to order and the price shot up again, now seems to be coming back down again

sharkbait
    Free Member

Yep, me too!

wheelie

I would be interested. Currently by through oil club.

Jamze

We need it back dating , oil is now half the price it was a few months back but still roughly double what it used to be 🙁

When people are working out how out of pocket they are, don’t you offset it against 2020/2021 when it’s been as low as 20pish? I’m probably breaking about even at the mo, although another tank at the current price would change that.

ElShalimo

Had anyone got a link to the proposed Govt help scheme?

My elderly parents have LPG and need some help

Jamze

Not found any guidance yet. The energy support scheme page hasn’t been updated since April, with no mention of oil/LPG yet.

Getting the Energy Bills Support Scheme discount – GOV.UK (www.gov.uk)

chrisdw
    Free Member

That would be great! im in!

intheborders
    Free Member

Mentioned to Mark on here I work in this industry, need to see if u can get a scheme or discount code set up so I cab try n get a stw rate for folk.

How would that work as we’ve only 2 suppliers who deliver (rural Scotland), so I just ring both when we need, and buy the cheapest.

1,000 litres, 3 times per year.

grizedaleforest

Me also thanks!

longdog
    Free Member

If it’s just the fuel oil we get, me! If it’s something more specific I don’t know. I think we have 3 local suppliers to choose from, rural Scotland, my wife usually just sees who’s cheapest.

IHN

And me

creakingdoor
    Free Member

Count me in please @duncancallum

duncancallum

I’ll see what I can come up with can’t promise anything We do a friends scheme already I just want to see if I can improve on it.

Some of you know who I work for but I’d rather keep that quiet and not publicly on here.

I’m not looking forward to turning the heating and Aga back on

intheborders
    Free Member

I’m not looking forward to turning the heating and Aga back on

Another South Coast dweller?

If your AGA is off how do you cook and what heats your water – and if you’ve an AGA, what’s the ‘heating’ for?

duncancallum

South Coast of Scotland…

Aga was in when we bought the place waters a combi as the Heating variant of the Aga is terrible and they dropped it as its terrible on oil.

In summer knock it off and BbQ or use an electric wok and an induction hob currently sat on the Aga and have a belling oven on the counter. There’s no electric oven or hob in the kitchen unfortunately.

AGA Heats the kitchen and leaches heat through the sun room.

Its a lovely thing when it’s on just ££££ to run. Though it means my electric bill is way less in winter than summer

leesaunders
    Free Member

Count me in too

breadcrumb

We’re on kero, would obviously be interested in a discount! Ta!

jimsmith
    Free Member

Im on oil too… count me in!

Viewing 40 posts - 121 through 160 (of 473 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.