Home Forums Bike Forum Guess who’s back…Mike Vandeman

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Guess who’s back…Mike Vandeman
  • BoardinBob

Renowned anti bike campaigner and all round lunatic looks to have finally shown his true colours 😬

https://www.mtbr.com/threads/whatever-happened-to-mike-vandeman.973410/page-16

Drac

Well that’s rather interesting.

martinhutch

But sadly unsurprising.

He popped up in the comments of my local paper a while back, so I guess he’s still finding time to be a **** about biking.

crazy-legs

He popped up in the comments of my local paper a while back, so I guess he’s still finding time to be a **** about biking.

It’s his hobby. He just sits there searching for any stories worldwide of someone being injured or killed in a cycling accident and then pops up to spout his usual shite about how dangerous it is. He registered on some Lancashire Post page many years ago following a report of an injured MTBer in Gisburn. He’s actually turned up on here a couple of times, usually banned within a fairly short space of time.

Although from the jail report above, seems he’s expanded his hobby from molesting and assaulting MTBers to molesting children as well. What a charming guy.

nickc

There’s some comment at the bottom of the page that suggest that the “molestation” may not be a sexual offence. But still seems like he was thrown in jail. I sort of feel sorry for folks like him, can’t be fun being him

woodlikesbikes
    Free Member

He’s in jail in America? I thought he was British /based here?
    Could this just be someone else with the same name?

Kuco

Nope, American. The first I heard of him was on Alt.mountainbike many moons ago.

fatoldgit

A name from the past, and 1 I wish had stayed there ☹️
    A troll of the worst type if you hadn’t heard of him think yourself very lucky,

And in case he gets back to his old tricks it would be sensible ( imho ) not to mention him by name
    There was a strong belief back in the day that he had bots hunting down mentions of him and then inundating forums and groups with all sorts of BS

crazy-legs

Definitely American, he’s somewhere out in California. On the occasions he popped up on UK sites, he was doing his same old copy/paste responses of how MTBing was dangerous and he’d be quoting US access laws and US terminology.

His first arrest was about 10-12 years ago for assaulting MTBers on forest trails in that area.

There was a strong belief back in the day that he had bots hunting down mentions of him and then inundating forums and groups with all sorts of BS

He’s not that clever – his website (such as it was) looked like the MySpace page of a 12yr old. He literally just sat there googling his own name and “MTB accident”. Soon as he found anything, he’d be right there.

Northwind

woodlikesbikes

Nah, he just used to weirdly appear in UK groups. He never really seemed to understand that the UK wasn’t america.

uponthedowns
    Free Member

Mike Vandeman! All of a sudden it feels like 2006 again when I hung around the mtbr.com Turner forum.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

The topic ‘Guess who’s back…Mike Vandeman’ is closed to new replies.