Home Forums Bike Forum GRX 610 vs 820 Levers

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • GRX 610 vs 820 Levers
  • dave_h

Looking at new bike options …..

Anyone ridden both the GRX 610 and 820 levers?

As far as I can tell, the main functional difference is Servoware on the higher spec as well as presumably more metal, less plastic?

Am I missing anything else and does Servoware make a noticeable difference on road levers?

didnthurt

I’ve only the older 600 11 speed levers, and I’ve not been all that impressed with them for shifting. They don’t shift as well as my 10 year old 11 speed 105 levers on my road bike. The brakes have been great though, apart from the usual Shimano calipers failing, easily sorted with Hope ones.

I’d plump for the more expensive levers to get better shifting. I’d steer clear of the 800 bonded cranks though, my 600 solid alloy one has been great. The chain rings are GRX specific, so are a fair chunk of money more to replace than other makes. But it’s not a component you change all that regularly IME.

timba
    Free Member

I’ve got the earlier 600 lever (11 speed)

The 800 series have free-stoke adjustment and a better inner cable as well as servo-wave, I haven’t missed any of them

sillyoldman

800 cranks aren’t bonded. They’re constructed like MTB cranks rather than road ones.

Onzadog
    Free Member

I own both although I’ve never ridden the 610. I took them off a new bike to fit the 820. The only reason I did that was for the dropper lever.

From a purely mechanical viewpoint, it felt like there was little between them but as I say, I didn’t ride the 610.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.