Home Forums Chat Forum Google Earth Timeline

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Google Earth Timeline
  • WorldClassAccident
    Free Member

Just playing with time in Google Earth and looking at the Southampton Bike Park.

I am proud of how it has grown and matured. Hopefully open by the and of August*

*big delays caused by the discovery of buried stuff that should have been mentioned before the bike park was ever built but all sorted properly now (at last)

Stevet1

Got to just say, I love this. I wish I had the time (excuses I know) to put a case forward to the council for something like that here.
    Can’t emphasize enough what a great thing you have achieved with this.

WorldClassAccident
    Free Member

Got to give some of the credit to Luis Arnold who has been organising the build and expansion for most of the recent years but I am happy to take credit for the idea and actually getting it built in the first place.

hooli

Looking forward to it reopening, it is a brilliant little spot.

WorldClassAccident
    Free Member

This is work in progress

They grey trails are the only ones they are surfacing so we can continue to modify and enhance the others while gaining some all weather trails too. Also hope to get a water point added near the bottom of the trails.

The pump track is gone to make way for a more extreme ‘Big Kids’ line but there will be a new pump track built in the new cycling area, where the old boating lake was near the bottom of the ski slope, along with some more child friendly riding stuff.

sharkattack

I’ll be making the trip down from Sheffield when I get the chance. Let us know when it’s open.

WorldClassAccident
    Free Member

Should be the end of August – council managed to close it for the entire spring and summer while they thought about what to do :-(

I will be shouting loud when it does reopen but I would give it a couple of days for the A&E to quieten back down as everyone re-learns their ability levels

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.