Viewing 9 posts - 241 through 249 (of 249 total)
  • Good News Story – Coronavirus Vaccine Rollout
  • Houns

Had Pfizer jab yesterday morning, was quite busy and took about an hour all in. Had a bit of temperature after it yesterday, arm a little sore today (just feels like I’ve brushed a tree with my shoulder whilst riding) but have spent 3 hours today at work swinging an axe.
    There were folk there getting their second jab, mine is due at the end of March.

n0b0dy0ftheg0at
    Free Member

Better half got her first fix yesterday morning, jab itself was a bit more painful than she was expecting.

All fine until near bedtime, when she noticed her resting heart rate was elevated at ~120 on optical Fitbit sensor.

Then had an awful night’s sleep, feeling very feverish, achy and generally how flu might affect her.

Hopefully side effects will subside by tomorrow and we both get more sleep tonight!

sharkbait
    Free Member

Mild reaction to the vaccine can take 3 days to clear.
    On the bright side it means it’s working!

RustySpanner

Had my first AZ vax yesterday.
    Plan is that all our health trust employees (Lancashire and South Cumbria) will be sorted by the end of Jan.

Slight reaction, generally a bit achey, but relieved and happy.

‘Er indoors is on the trial for the alternative AZ vaccine, so 66% chance she’s had her first dose.
    She’s also volunteered to help marshall at a vax centre, but so many round here have volunteered that she’s been told she will only be needed one or two days a month.

Amazing effort, thanks to all involved.

Sandwich

It seems we are going for the defeat from the jaws of victory approach with the vaccine.

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/health/coronavirus-vaccines-nhs-hospitals-second-dose-b1790217.html?r=22629

Can anyone lay hands on the documentation that suggests that Pfizer vaccine is only 33% effective after one dose and full protection is only possible after a second dose at 21 days?

matt_outandabout

My father has his booked for the first week of February.

Mrs_OAB has had a text too, and her consultant called to tell her to go ahead and get it when offered, as there had been debate over whether she should as it may have minimal/no benefit for her.

P-Jay
    Free Member

Can anyone lay hands on the documentation that suggests that Pfizer vaccine is only 33% effective after one dose and full protection is only possible after a second dose at 21 days?

It came from a study in Israel who exchanged data on it’s effectiveness in exchange for going first.

There’s been a bit of an explanation below.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/health-55734257

MoreCashThanDash

Mum and dad had theirs yesterday – sounds like a huge weight lifted from their shoulders. Though both very aware that the jab is only the start of them being able to return to a more normal life.

chrisyork

Wanted to chime in with this, OH also had hers today with her dealing with Covid patients since March and previous.

Is never ill and within hours feverish getting very cold even with the heating up and a sore arm…. tucked up in bed now so hopefully she’ll have a good nights sleep

Viewing 9 posts - 241 through 249 (of 249 total)

The topic ‘Good News Story – Coronavirus Vaccine Rollout’ is closed to new replies.