Home Forums Bike Forum good kids rides E dorset / new forest?

• This topic has 4 replies, 4 voices, and was last updated 3 hours ago by Yak.
Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • good kids rides E dorset / new forest?
  • sideshow
    Free Member

In the area this w/e and looking to take my little people out for a ride, 1yo in a trailer and 7yo on a rigid hybrid/towrope. Could probably manage about 2 hours of actual riding split up with plenty of chill time.

Where should I take them, STW hivemind? Thinking scenic gravel vibes. Bonus points for close to Cranborne but happy to drive for the best options.

n0b0dy0ftheg0at
    Free Member

Blissford Hill says hi. ;)

goldfish24

It’s not outstanding, but my lot like the new-forest ride from Acres down car park. Smooth easy, gently undulating track. Little farm shop at the car park for an ice cream when they make to the end!

We usually head along the gravel track until we reach the stream (highland water) with a bridge over it, then return on the same track. About 2.5 miles. My 3 year old managed that on a balance bike with the odd tow up a hill so you could probably go further.

goldfish24

Moors valley country park is another option. If you manage to tease them away from the playground there’s good family cycling trails.

Yak

+1 for Moors Valley. Ideal for all that.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.