Home Forums News Golfie? Has Mark Scott completed it mate?

Viewing 19 posts - 1 through 19 (of 19 total)
  • Golfie? Has Mark Scott completed it mate?
  • Ben_Haworth

Mark Scott’s goal was to ride every trail on the Golfie in one ride. That’s 44 trails by our reckoning. Did he succeed?

By ben_haworth

Get the full story here:

https://singletrackworld.com/wp-content/uploads/2023/10/golfie-mark-scotts-completed-it-mate/

GavinB

The completely random use of the apostrophe in that ‘press release’ is eye-watering.

Great riding though!

Kramer
    Free Member

Essentially Everesting, but with hard technical trails for the descents.

Chapeau.

jimmy

Good lord.

nickc

The completely random use of the apostrophe in that ‘press release’ is eye-watering

Glad I wasn’t the only one twitching. It is both the random sprinkling; and absence that catches the eye.

singlespeedstu

A mate was telling me about this a few weeks back.
    Didn’t realise there was going to be a video.

I have no idea how he found the will to keep going to do that.

I can just about manage 2000 meters over there in one hit and by that point it’s pretty difficult to even hang on to the bike on the easier descents.

Fair play to him that’s pretty impressive.

stanley

Quite an interesting writing style but appalling punctuation. It’s like something I would do to annoy my mum :-)

Great effort by the rider though.

mc
    Free Member

It’s all those evil trailbuilders’ faults :)

chrismac

Good grief that many laps of that fire road would be soul destroying. Top effort

stevedoc
    Free Member

Well played that man . That fire road haunts me .

intheborders
    Free Member

#Monster

Most I’ve managed is 7500ft, could barely hang on during my last descent – took 3 cafe stops too…

GavinB

I watched the film a few weeks back when it was shown at Thrive in Ballater, where Mark spoke about the ride, which was great to hear his perspective some time after the event.  Conditions looked really grim, which must have made endless slogs back up just soul destroying.

It made me think, when I was riding there a few weeks back, whether he pushed back up some trails, rather than riding all the way around?  For example, the various Wolf trails all link into Lone Wolf – does anyone know if he pushed up some of them, rather than doing the longer pedal round?

oldnpastit

That is very impressive. Amazing sawtooth elevation chart at the end, bonkers!

funkhouser
    Free Member

@GavinB he’s pedaled back up the fire road every time according to his strava.

mashr

It made me think, when I was riding there a few weeks back, whether he pushed back up some trails, rather than riding all the way around? For example, the various Wolf trails all link into Lone Wolf – does anyone know if he pushed up some of them, rather than doing the longer pedal round?

Any time I’ve pushed up a steep trail instead of taking a normal route it’s been followed by deep, deep, regret

GavinB

@GavinB he’s pedaled back up the fire road every time according to his strava.

Wow, even more impressive ride in that case – mentally, that must take its toll.

arrpee
    Free Member

I’m going to carve that elevation chart into a pumpkin tonight. Terrifying.

stanfree
    Free Member

I’d bet even after 44 trails and close on a 100 miles in the wet and the dark his ‘Final Fling’ time was still about 30 seconds faster than my best ever time. He’s a very talented rider.

Northwind

Quick, someone knock in a new trail, throw some leaf litter on it to make it look older, and tell him “sorry mate you missed one, can’t believe you didn’t know about golfie classic Fermented Lammergeier though”

Viewing 19 posts - 1 through 19 (of 19 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.