Viewing 40 posts - 161 through 200 (of 222 total)
  • Gofundme page for dad whose divorce means he's broke
  • aracer
    Free Member

Well I answered that one, so I assumed there must be another one. Or do you really need it spelling out for you? I was kind of hoping you might put a little bit of thought in to help you understand.

funkmasterp

Tell you what, let’s put it to a vote.

Singledivorcedparentstrackworld – how many of you wish your parents had stayed together for your sake and how many are glad they divorced / separated?

nickc

My parents were nightmarish towards the end, it was a bloody relief when they split.

mikey3
    Free Member

So who’s other account is councilof10 then?

jonnyboi

Binners?

DezB
    Free Member

It’s really not rocket surgery.

Love it! 😆 (Hope it was intentional!)

funkmasterp

If it’s Taylforth it’s his best troll ever!

perchypanther
    Free Member

So who’s other account is councilof10 then?

Why not ask him about tattoos and find out?

DezB
    Free Member

Singledivorcedparentstrackworld – how many of you wish your parents had stayed together for your sake

ME! But then so did they!

councilof10
    Free Member

In a perfect world, yes. My own parents went through some very tough times, emotionally and financially. When one had ‘issues’ or ‘demons’, the other supported them and worked together to make it work. I’m pretty sure they hated the sight of each other at various points throughout their marriage, but they made a commitment – not just to each other – but to raising a family, and they saw it through.

Your “under any circumstances” is quite deliberately vague, but let me dissect it. If one party was unfaithful, then they’ve failed in their commitment. If one person has ‘issues’ or ‘demons’, then they both have a responsibility to address them, not just throw in the towel so they can move on and start again.

So, what other “under any circumstances” are we talking about?

I’m trying to make this simple for the hard of thinking… 🙄

aracer
    Free Member

Yeah, but for the rest of us could you explain it more clearly?

councilof10
    Free Member

I guess posting nonsense like that is easier than actually answering a question, eh aracer? 🙄

aracer
    Free Member

Well I answered the question – do you need it spelling out?

(though I’m wondering at what level of hard of thinking some comments go completely over people’s heads)

councilof10
    Free Member

Erm, nope… You responded to my question with another question. 🙄

funkmasterp

Well I answered the question – do you need it spelling out?

You’re going to need one of these to aid you in your quest aracer

Cougar

Why not ask him about tattoos and find out?

Yeah, we know. We’ve been keeping a close eye for a while.

aracer
    Free Member

<sigh> so if your partner has made it explicitly clear that they have no interest in having a relationship with you, or even in trying to restore the relationship, then should you stick around anyway?

councilof10
    Free Member

Well seeing as this line of debate has stemmed from my comments about men who walk out on families, it’s not really relevant is it.

aracer
    Free Member

Why on earth isn’t it relevant? You really appear to have quite a poor understanding of this sort of thing, and no wonder you weren’t getting the hints…

funkmasterp

What? It’s a valid question he’s asking you. How is it not relevant?

councilof10
    Free Member

Let’s walk you through this again… You got a bit hoity about me mentioning feckless men leaving their families in search of pastures greener…

Then you ask about men who leave because their partners force them to.

On one hand we have feckless men

On the other hand we have women, possibly feckless

And you wonder why I don’t think it’s relevant??

aracer
    Free Member

No, I didn’t. Try understanding.

councilof10
    Free Member

so if your partner has made it explicitly clear that they have no interest in having a relationship with you, or even in trying to restore the relationship, then should you stick around anyway?

So does this scenario not = “men who leave because their partners force them to”?

I really am trying to understand, but you’re either being deliberately obtuse or you’re very poor at getting your point across.

greentricky
    Free Member

Why oh why did he have to bump it with the same bloody comment someone else had already made ??

because I am feckless male

aracer
    Free Member

or maybe you just don’t have the relevant experience.

No, it’s not – nobody is being forced to do anything. It’s certainly one plausible reason for some of those 30 mates of yours leaving voluntarily though, as I doubt it’s all that uncommon.

I’m guessing you need it spelling out further though. Couple with kids, all living together. One has no interest in a relationship with the other and has made that clear, yet they continue to all live together. Nobody else is involved.

binners

Its interesting to have found the one person outside the Tory front bench, and the Daily Mail editorial team who uses the word ‘feckless’ so frequently.

And i say that as someone truly feckless, obvs

councilof10
    Free Member

I’m guessing you need it spelling out further though. Couple with kids, all living together. One has no interest in a relationship with the other and has made that clear, yet they continue to all live together.

So nobody has left? How is that relevant to people leaving their families?

Or are you asking if that’s a healthy or unhealthy environment for kids?

If you mean the latter (and if so, you really should put some effort into making your point more clearly) then my supposedly non-existent sense of nuance is having trouble understanding what you mean…

Parenthood is about working as a team. What exactly is your understanding of “relationship”? Do you mean living together, working as a team, or do you mean candlelit meals and shagging like rabbits?

aracer
    Free Member

Gosh this is hard work, I asked a question up there, in my first post on this page.

Do I also have to explain relationships to you?

funkmasterp

That’s why we got married and had a kid, because we felt our lives were lacking on the Team event front 🙄

Looking back I should have just taken up cricket or some shit and stuck to just shagging like rabbits.

Parenthood is about working as a team.

To be fair, if by team event you mean tag team wrestling it’s the most sensible thing you’ve said in six pages

binners

Do I also have to explain relationships to you?

I think somebody needs too. I’ve got items of office furniture that are more emotionally literate

councilof10
    Free Member

Gosh this is hard work, I asked a question up there, in my first post on this page.

Right, I’m going to bow out… You appear to be playing some sort of game so I’m out.

binners

And with that, in a puff of smoke, he disappeared back to 1874

aracer
    Free Member

Wow, unable to cope even with scrolling up. I’m guessing he still has no comprehension of such situations in his black and white world.

councilof10
    Free Member

I did scroll up, I read the question and then read almost a full page where I tried to understand what the hell you were on about. I’m getting a stiff neck from shaking my head in exasperation!

martinhutch

Parenthood is about working as a team.

Too right!

DezB
    Free Member

So, are you lot donating to Jim’s cause or not?

martinhutch

They are donating their collective wisdom, serenity, and parenting tips. That’s worth more than money any day.

councilof10
    Free Member

I might donate a comment… 😉

funkmasterp

So, are you lot donating to Jim’s cause or not?

Sorry I misread the # on page 4 as #prayforjim so I did a spot of the old praying on the pavement, outside an abortion facility. Lots of other folk joined in so Jim’s gonna be doing great!

binners

Already donated. Looking at stuff like that always makes me think ‘there but for the grace of god….’

Some people have absolutely no idea, and certainly not a shred of gratitude, for how lucky they are, and not a single ouce of empathy or sypathy with those who aren’t.

that sounded a bit better than saying some people are self-righteous, sanctimonious, preachy, judgemental, mean-spirited bell ends, totally devoid of a whole range of human emotions like compassion, didn’t it?

I wanted to say that, but thought I’d try and word it a bit better instead. Wouldn’t want to offend anyone

Viewing 40 posts - 161 through 200 (of 222 total)

The topic ‘Gofundme page for dad whose divorce means he's broke’ is closed to new replies.