Home Forums Bike Forum Glasgow velodrome track league – anyone take part

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Glasgow velodrome track league – anyone take part
  • reluctantlondoner

Was idly wondering about racing coming up at Glasgow Velodrome to see if I could get along – and it appears that the track league is a winter league, running from September to March. I’m surprised by this and wondered if anyone could confirm it is the case?

If yes, that’s a few Friday evenings sorted for me in the stands…

Merak

I believe there was an ambulance parked outside for the track league nights…. I know of of few folk that had a right sore one.

iainc

i used to coach a bit there (with Glasgow Riderz) and was a BC track coach.

+1 on the ambulances (there were often 2 there…).  It can and often is a bit of carnage with a lot of weekend warriors with little or no ability to ride in a fast close track bunch beyond what they learned in their accreditation sessions.

reluctantlondoner

But is it a winter league?

MoreCashThanDash

Sounds like the Derby velodrome,  seems to be leagues and races quite regularly but the winter one is most popular.

2tyred

Yes, it’s basically a winter league. Think it’s starting October this year, usually finishes just after Easter. Not enough reliable numbers every week the rest of the year to make the sums add up.

There are crashes from time to time like there are at any track meet but I’m not sure the ambulance service has the resources to park one outside on the off chance a rider bins it.

If you’re coming to watch you probably just need to head for the infield, not sure they open the doors into the stands. You can just wander in, it’s all pretty relaxed.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.