Home Forums Chat Forum Gigs.

Viewing 40 posts - 1,001 through 1,040 (of 1,835 total)
  • Gigs.
  • DaveyBoyWonder
    Free Member

Tried to get QOTSA tickets for the Piece Hall this morning – looks like they sold out in seconds…

Went to see the Bluetones acoustic gig in York last week – absolutely brilliant. Tiny venue (Fulford Arms) but rammed… Mark Morriss is such a good front man – had a good chat (and a selfie – sad I know) with him afterwards. Was more than happy to talk music etc although I think part him was glad to come and chat with me and the missus after some lunatic geordie woman collared him – he looked terrified :D

drdjpower
    Free Member

Like johndoh, I saw Pigs Pigs Pigs Pigs Pigs Pigs Pigs in York last night. Absolutely beautiful. They seem like lovely chaps and they make a monstrous noise. Great to see a band working together so well, and enjoying themselves. (Also educational for my son – also a guitarist – to spot both guitarists asking to be turned up in the mix before the first song had ended. They’re like that, guitarists.) I’d recommend them to anyone.

johndoh
    Free Member

They seem like lovely chaps and they make a monstrous noise.

Yeah, when he was chatting between songs, I was like ‘err, what’s with this quite posh bloke being so nice’ LOL! His talking voice really doesn’t match his singing voice!

drdjpower
    Free Member

Aye, their Mams’d be proud of them. And he’s a superb singer. I was feeling Metal Freddie Mercury, but only in a very good way.

CountZero

Saw Pigs, Pigs, Pigs, Pigs, Pigs, Pigs, Pigs in York last night.

Caught them on the opening night at EOTR last year, enjoyed them a lot.

Tried to get QOTSA tickets for the Piece Hall this morning – looks like they sold out in seconds…

They were supporting Hole at Shepherds Bush back in the day, before anyone really knew who they were. I remember saying to my mate I thought they were pretty good, they might go somewhere…

Good gig, that, Courtney wearing a very flimsy dress and crowd surfing; pretty sure that there was some inappropriate behaviour going on…

the-muffin-man

If anyone was baulking at the price of Peter Gabriel tickets there are some available in Block 7 (at the back!) of Nottingham Arena – £48.00 each inc. fees which is far more palatable than £200 to sit at the front! :-)

Could be half-empty though – there are loads of seats still available – I think he’s seriously misjudged his market.

lambchop
    Free Member

Alvvays in May and just booked tickets for Mac DeMarco in July.

tartanscarf

The Chats and Leftfield coming up at the Barrowlands over the nest few months. Then Amyl
    And the Sniffers at Dundee and Edinburgh. Bring it on!

johndoh
    Free Member

So next up is the Iron’s – apparently the tour is a ‘Somewhere in Time + Senjistsu’ thing but I’m sure it’ll be great 🥳

GlennQuagmire
    Free Member

Have tickets to Maiden also – I’m sure it’ll be freaking awesome 🤘

Pigs are also very good 👍

Not so much a gig, but been to see Micky Flanagan in Leeds tonight with Mrs STR. Brilliant!!!

I wouldn’t say it was 100% his VERY best material, but first time seeing him live and he didn’t disappoint. In stitches for the most

4 rows back, almost centre stage too

Great support act as well and a fab afternoon eating and drinking in Leeds.

One negative. The fricking road network in Leeds is horrendous to navigate

Wembley tomorrow. Lads, lads, lads

Northwind

Symposium again. Just can’t keep these youngsters down.

joelowden

Tam Petty and the Heartfakers last night in Glasgow, not bad at all considering he was never my cup of tea more for Mrs JL…

andylc
    Free Member

Saw Teleman last night in Cardiff. What an awesome band and still staying small enough to be off the radar for most.

Del

Ishmael Ensemble in Stroud last night were tremendous. Wasn’t sure what to expect but they were great and the venue was an old rail shed – fab!

Leftfield in Cardiff SU next month 👍

docrobster
    Free Member

Two gigs this weekend. The bug club Friday in Nottingham and then teleman at crookes social club Sunday night.
    Woop woop 🙌🤘

RobHilton
    Free Member

Forgot to post Henry Rollins a couple of weeks ago, not a gig as such as tgere was no music and a lot of being talked at, at a very fast pace.

I love his shows!

Tonight is Rodrigo y Gabriela at The Roundhouse. Not my choice; have seen them 4 times previously, starting before they were known (by total fluke), and I’m not that keen on the showiness they’ve developed.

They’re still fantastic with their guitars, though 🤗🤗

2tyred

Benefits @ Rum Shack Glasgow on Friday – noisy and very angry. They make Sleaford Mods sound like the Orb.

Lichen Slow (Malcolm from Arab Strap’s new project) this coming Friday at the Hug & Pint, looking forward to that.

Few things in life are more annoying than discovering a brilliant record by a band you didn’t know, thinking “I wonder if they’re playing soon…?” and discovering they have indeed played in your town like three days ago! Fell in love with Hydranism by Oracle Sisters over the weekend, they played here last week dammit.

asbrooks

Tonight I’m off to see A Certain Ratio at Nottingham Rescue Rooms..

chrispoffer

Another festival for me this weekend – Northern Kin on the outskirts of Durham. Camping! In April! Must be mad :-D .

Very much looking forward to Tony Wright (Terrorvision) on Friday, Tru Strays/Tom Robinson/Bill Bailey/Reef/Hothouse Flowers/Levellers on Saturday and Oh My God it’s the Church/Seth Lakeman/Turin Brakes/Actual Terrorvision and Beth Orton on Sunday night.

johnjn2000

@Chrispoffer – Tony Wright was great when we saw his solo show. Is it the chatting thing with a bit of music thrown in or is this one a full on music solo show?

chrispoffer

I’m gonna guess at full on music but no idea really – he’s in the acoustic tent on Friday, full band in the big tent on Sunday. I’m excited, never seen Terrorvision before.

DaveyBoyWonder
    Free Member

Terrorvision are high on my to-see list!

Northwind

Saw Tony Wright doing his “solo” thing with Milly Evans a while back, it was bloody brilliant tbh. Better than terrorvision have been for a long time, not gonna lie.

Marin
    Free Member

Steve Mason last week. Well worth getting to see him best gig for ages!

theotherjonv

Another ‘as recommended by my mate’ gig tonight – Meryl Streek / Scrounge / Benefits at the 100 Club.

Will be interesting, the headliners apparently make Sleaford Mods look like they’ve spent a year in anger management.

Told wife I’ll be in late because I’m going to see Benefits with a friend and she’s gone very huffy. I think she might have misheard.

w00dster

Was at Lottery Winners in Warrington last weekend, amazing gig.
    Have bought tickets for the Neighbourhood Weekender also in Warrington at the end of May. We’re doing both days. Pulp, Paul Heaton & Jacqui Abbott, The Kooks, Ocean Colour Scene, Inspiral Carpets, Jamie Webster, Reverend and the Makers, Ann Marie, Lottery Winners….to name some of the line up.

Also going to see Lottery Winners in Jacaranda Record Store in Liverpool for their album release. It’s on the opening weekend of Eurovision so should be a great night out.

johndoh
    Free Member

I’m excited, never seen Terrorvision before.

I didn’t realise they were together again – last I knew, Tony Wright was running a coffee shop in Otley (which, disappointingly, isn’t called ‘Hot cup of coffee in a hot coffee cup’).

Paul Heaton & Jacqui Abbott

She’s had to pull out for health reasons hasn’t she? I heard about this just yesterday.

docrobster
    Free Member

Yup Jackie hasn’t been on stage with Paul for a while. Shame. It’s not the same without her.

theotherjonv

Benefits

I don’t think I’ll be putting it on to sit and listen to, but as a show and performance piece……well!

Very impressed too by support acts, I knew Scrounge already but Meryl Streek – excellent!

theotherjonv

For anyone that has seen Benefits live or recorded.

Got up this morning and wife tells me she got a flat tyre last night. I investigate, clearly has a nail in it. Fortunately we live close enough to trading estate that I can shove some air in and drive it to tyre place where they inform me it can’t be repaired and a new one’s £150. I leave with them and walk back home passing the garage on the way.

I shall now describe my morning in the style of last night’s gig…..imagine it’s being yelled at you over a wall of noise.

Not washed. Mud all over his jeans. Yesterday’s pants. Trudging through the shit housing estate when normal people are at work. He’s a **** state, and he’s just spent the last bit of his money on a Gregg’s pasty. What a total **** loser. Shit Friday

desperatebicycle

Got Onoe Caponoe at the Green Door Store next Weds… I think he’s a rapper. I haven’t been to a gig in a while and the Green Door Store is my fave venue, so I bought a ticket :)

Upon, just now, browsing the Green Door Store listings, I discover The Range will be performing on May 21st! The Range, who I discovered on a thread on here (maybe Jamie posted it). Only £10 too.. chuffed.

Also Meryl Streek, as mentioned somewhere up there ^^ on May 30th. Worth another swift tenner by the sounds of it.

docrobster
    Free Member

Turns out I’ve got a spare ticket for the bug club @bodega Nottingham tonight. Got it for my wife’s pal who lives in nott but forgot to tell her so she’s in a yurt somewhere.

If anyone wants to pop down I’m they will be on stage in 2 hours so best shout. Fave value £13. Sold out I believe

docrobster
    Free Member

So bloody good again. I got the last tea towel too!

theotherjonv

They’re amazing aren’t they, still can’t believe you can see bands that good for £12 or £13 sort of range.

@dezb
    – since Thursday have had Meryl Streek on repeat, i think you’re in for a treat. I’m going to try and get to the date the day after in London. They were opening act of three but my mate that knows called me and said whatever time I was planning to get there, I needed to be earlier. I missed the opening song which he said was a scene setter – relevant news clips over a backing before they explode onto stage so make sure you see it all.

eagle eyed – the landlord in the vid is Meryl Streek’s Dad’s mate and bandmate in his Dad’s old punk band. He’s also Father Damo, the chainsmoking priest…..

docrobster
    Free Member

That ^^^^^^ explains why I’ve not heard them on 6music!

theotherjonv

Yep, I should have tagged with NSFW. Between them and Benefits, there were a lot of anger management issues in the room. At the end of the Benefits set I was 50/50 between getting the train home or storming Downing Street, but I had an early start for work and…..

docrobster
    Free Member

Yeah I’m seeing benefits next month at bearded theory, just had a look and meryl streek are playing local to us a few days before so I think I’ll have to check them out too. Cheers for the recommendation

paino

Tickets for Meryl Streek in Glasgow next month. Can not wait.

johnjn2000

Bloody hell, they are a bit angry arent they.

Viewing 40 posts - 1,001 through 1,040 (of 1,835 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.