Viewing 40 posts - 961 through 1,000 (of 1,602 total)
  • Gigs.
  • dudeofdoom

TBH at least it wasn’t take that :-).

It’s An interesting one thou,he doesn’t have subtitles and there was some funny dialog.
    tbh the Spanish crowd loved it.

theotherjonv

This from about 4:30 on makes me cry a little bit, such a voice when scatting after the crowd join in, and such a presence. And a belief that while there are horrible people out there are also very many more who will let you be who you want to be and be accepted and adored for it.

dudeofdoom

I like the butlins weekenders,but while he (Robbie)can pack the stadiums can’t see it happening,I’d probably not be rushing to the next one but there was a great atmosphere and living here It made sense to catch him,just in case he did a MJ or Prince.

desperatebicycle

It made sense to catch him,just in case he did a MJ or Prince.

The only time Williams can be used in the same sentence as MJ and Prince, that’s for sure! (I despise him with a passion 😆 )

docrobster
    Free Member

When I saw self esteem last week one person in the audience held their phone up with the torch on. She stopped and told them to switch it off. Said “it’s not a Coldplay gig”. I do love her.

gallowayboy

Steve hillage last night at galvanizers on Glasgow. Line up included miquet giraudy and all of gong, mixed set of his own stuff, gong tunes and some Canterbury scene covers. Far better than I expected, excellent sound and no phones apart from the odd snap. Utopia strong were support, including Steve Davies, but because some of us insisted on another drink in finnieston weissed most of that🙄

sweepy
    Free Member

I was at that! great night 🙂

Northwind

Huh, I thought I knew what Christine and the Queens sounded like, I must be thinking of someone else entirely. Is this like that time my brother thought he’d been to see Million Dead, but it turned out he’d actually been to see Juliette Lewis and the Licks on a different stage? Only this time it’s me!

Lovely video, thanks for sharing, just getting some albums in now.

desperatebicycle

theotherjonv
    This from about 4:30 on makes me cry a little bit

Brilliant. But all I can think is some **** is stood there at the front of this gig filming that whole song on his tossing phone and missing the moment! Bluegh

sweepy
    Free Member

Well I’m confused, Got my tickets to see goat 18/4 at 19:00 at the garage glasgow, and they seem to have another simultaneous gig at the QMU, how is this possible?

desperatebicycle

Says on Facebook they’ve upgraded to QMU due to phenomenal demand 🙂
    Can’t understand how they’ve got so popular… Saw em 5 years ago and they haven’t released that much since then!
    Lots of complaints in the FB comments that they aren’t playing big enough venues. I, for one, am glad of that.

sweepy
    Free Member

Oh well, at least I know where to go, now all I need to do is find the bloody email with the tickets!
    Thanks DB

timmys

the only issue was that Neil Codling looked a little bored at points – but that may just be his normal expression.

If you only got him looking a “a little bored”, as opposed to “looking as though he’s about to top himself” I’d suggest you caught him on his birthday or something. He’s always been that way, not really sure if it’s an active decision or he can’t help it, but I have always assumed he just hated playing live – possibly due to the well documented health issues that kept him completely out of the band for years.

pandhandj
    Free Member

I’m sure this isn’t allowed but posting in the classifieds is bewildering me…

https://www.usherhall.co.uk/whats-on/tommy-blaize-nyjo-present-ray-charles

I have two tickets for this gig on Friday 7th April at the Usher Hall, Edinburgh. Unfortunately, I cant make it now.
    For a small donation to a charity of your choice I can get the tickets posted to you in time for the concert.

Any questions, please PM me.

thanks,
    paul

johnjn2000

First time seeing Black Honey tonight in Brighton. I have bought many tickets to see them over the last few years but something has always meant I couldn’t go or I have missed them as support act due to being in the pub.

docrobster
    Free Member

Excellent. I’ve just bought tickets to see black honey and heartworms on Sunday night at Sheff uni. Looking forward to a small venue gig again after last weekend. Let me know what you think @johnjn2000

I’m still mulling over bug club at the white hotel Salford on the 14th. Didn’t get tickets because going away next day… but flights not till 2pm so seems rude not to. Might have to go on my own though!

desperatebicycle

johnjn2000

First time seeing Black Honey tonight in Brighton.

Amazing they’ve sold out Chalk, after such a small crowd in Portsmouth – guess it’s a hometown gig. (Plus Portsmouth turned into the city of gig apathy)
    Just a tip, if you don’t know Chalk – get a spot on the dancefloor area in front of the stage, or you’re side on to the band and the sound and view are crap! 🙂

johnjn2000

@desperatebicycle – I think they have sold out most of this tour. The one you went to was a run of album release shows that the youth of the day call “Outstores” so in very small locations. This is the main tour so a bit bigger venues. Chalk is a bit of an oddity, I saw The Reytons there in Dec and doors are 6pm and it is done by 9.30 due to it being a club later.

Good tip on the position as i was on the dancefoor for Reytons but was considering a more relaxed approach this evening, thank you.

theotherjonv

potentially – anyone want a single ticket for The Bug Club at Jericho / Oxford on 13/4. I have an e-ticket which I assume can be transferred. I bought it when tour dates were announced as it’s the closest venue to me on a night I could make (65 miles) but subsequently new dates were added and I’m seeing them 4 days later at a venue that’s literally walking distance away.

Have offered elsewhere but unlikely to have takers so FCFS.

Free to a good home, only caveat is that 1/ if I let you have it you promise to go; no ‘might use it’ and 2; you buy some merch as that’s how small bands like TBC make money nowadays.

I did actually go to Oxford last night to support a mate’s venture, getting into a sideline in gig photography. We struggled to categorise the ‘interesting’ acts – industrial electronica / krautrock

Moogieman (without the Maochists)

https://www.facebook.com/watch/?v=3926906570672294

and

Means of Production

https://mnsfprdctn.bandcamp.com/album/high-traffic-neighbourhood

All live music is good, right?

desperatebicycle

Except Robbie Williams 😆

Bummed I couldn’t get tickets for the Bronx this morning. Sad times.

theotherjonv

Just had a pop up for First Aid Kit at Crystal Palace Bowl in the summer.

Now, I really enjoyed their Glastonbury set last year and I’m interested. But £47.80 ‘early bird’ plus fees? For what I’d consider a ‘smallish’ band?

docrobster
    Free Member

First aid kit are pretty big now aren’t they but that does seem a lot.
    I couldn’t resist any longer and bought a ticket for tbc at the white hotel in 2 weeks. Less than £15 all in. Much more like it

ricbikemag

Just booked tickets to see The Wonder Stuff play the 30th anniversary tour of Construction for the Modern Idiot album. Been watching them play since 1990. I feel old 🤣

docrobster
    Free Member

Was giving my younger sister an education about the soup dragons and that 85-95 pre Brit pop Glasgow scene. Looked up their wiki to see they’re reforming to tour this autumn. She told me I’m old… so what?!

1990 in a nutshell-

johnjn2000

@docrobster. Reporting back as requested, and the news is good. They were ace!

@desperatebicycle
    . Top tip, I hadnt noticed the weird angle of the stage at Chalk last time and got lucky with our position. This time it took some manoeuvres to find the sweet spot as the sound was bad initially. Once central all was good and BH delivered a corker.

theotherjonv

yeah yeah, they’ve only got one song (actually, two) but it’s a great show where neither band nor audience takes themselves too seriously.

Tickets just on sale, recommended.

https://bit.ly/m/wheatus-fall2023?fbclid=IwAR2L09RA0vWGu1uri3svOTFVsEWaHKv0kq-v36mcSEMZqr-5gmWiZ38h5pM

2/ Anyone want my Bug Club ticket for Oxford on 13/4 – see post 5 or 6 above. FoC, minor conditions apply.

greatbeardedone
    Free Member

Sisters if Mercy on tour in November.

desperatebicycle

My next gig was Goat, Friday, but now have to take son back to Exeter Uni. So we’re hitting BPW (not a gig!) instead. Goat ticket sold in an instant on Twickets. Oh well, seen em before, so next gig now is Foals, May 4th. If I can motivate myself.. their new stuff is a bit meh.

CountZero

Pixies last Tuesday at Camden Roundhouse. Massively influential, have always been a band with a few songs I’ve liked, and have always had a few mates who’ve been really into them. But I have to say, having seen them live, blimey. I think I ‘get’ them a lot better now. A really, really great night.

It certainly was! Second time of seeing them within six months, after seeing them at EOTR  Festival last year. I’m quietly surprised I didn’t leave with fractured ribs, ‘cos I was on the barrier when the crowd started to get lively! I had to ask the security blokes to haul me over the barrier two songs from the end, at 10.45, ‘cos I had to catch a train home from Paddington at 11.32 – I got on the train at 11.28!

A view over my shoulder…

Between the sets, someone from the support took one or two photos of the crowd, and the rather lovely person who was next to me when I was queuing, found the photos on line and sent them to me; I’m the one with the white Throwing Muses tee shirt just in front of  the second from right monitor, with Lydia to my left. 🤘🏼🤘🏼😁

Northwind

@theotherjonv, I went and saw Wheatus at camden rocks, they were ace. Reminded me loads of Bowling For Soup- totally aware of their basic ridiculousness and just going with it. I think probably 3/4s of the audience were just there to get in early for Frank Turner, including me, but by the end they had the whole place in the palm of their hands. Ace.

Just bought a ticket for Hell Is For Heroes in Bedford. I don’t even know where Bedford is.

CountZero

Gigs coming up so far are:

Gemma Hayes at Stroud Sub Rooms on the 25 of this month,

Peter Gabriel at the O2, on 19 June

Indigo Girls at O2 Shepherds Bush Empire, 24 August

Jesca Hoop at Bristol Folk House, 22 October

theotherjonv

Ah, Pixies. Huge favourites of mine, but only saw them twice. Once memorably (as in barely remember it) the night I finished my University exams. I just know it was a brilliant night, and recognise the rib crushing description – this was Newcastle Poly, 1989, and I felt like I was going to be crushed and not GAS, if that was how it all ended that would be just fine.

I won’t get crushed tonight, but it’s TBC at Boileroom with my young gig apprentice. Looking forward to it despite being up since 4am doing airport pickup for my sister. Tilly will bring the energy for us all.

johndoh
    Free Member

Saw Pigs, Pigs, Pigs, Pigs, Pigs, Pigs, Pigs in York last night. I wasn’t that sure about how much I’d enjoy it but it was fantastic and I ended up down at the front and got a fist bump from the lead singer as I was the only one really jumping around and enjoying it LOL!

theotherjonv

TBC at Boileroom with my young gig apprentice. Looking forward to it despite being up since 4am doing airport pickup for my sister. Tilly will bring the energy for us all.

and they all did. Another wonderful gig, from the South Wales future of rock n’ roll.

If you get the chance to see them, do. £12 tickets….. £12!!

StuF

Next one’s I’ve got lined up are Fun lovin’ criminals in Bristol in a couple of weeks time and then nothing until chemical brothers in Brum in November which should be a great evening.

It’s great when you can start taking your daughter to gigs and they get it.

BillOddie

My guitar playing 13 year old apparently has the same musical taste as 18 year old me… which is nice as now he is my gig buddy…

Tickets secured for Limp Bizkit’s London date…that’ll be a nice relaxing afternoon/evening…

Oh and the Friday night at Download for Bring Me The Horizon, Evanescence, Architects and most importantly GWAR!

woody2000

Got a few pencilled in now, all very mainstream but who cares!

James Walsh (Starsailor) @ Hebden Bridge Trades Club
    Pulp @ Warrington Weekender
    Arctic Monkeys @ Old Trafford
    Madness @ The Piece Hall in Halifax
    Jacksons @ Piece Hall
    Embrace @ Piece Hall
    Orbital @ Piece Hall
    Charlatans/Johnny Marr @ Piece Hall

Just need some more eclectic ones to fill in some gaps 🙂

the-muffin-man

Just need some more eclectic ones to fill in some gaps 🙂

…have you checked if there’s anything on at The Piece Hall? 🤔

woody2000

Yeah, I should maybe take a look 🙂

If anyone hasn’t been to the Piece Hall, I suggest you check it out – it’s a great venue and every year they get some cracking acts 🙂

Viewing 40 posts - 961 through 1,000 (of 1,602 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.