Viewing 40 posts - 161 through 200 (of 491 total)
  • general election debate
  • teamhurtmore
    Free Member

Dan, his city career was hardly stellar either!! Like most of the Farrage myths it falls over under scrutiny.

Attending the Jam Pot and Simpsons yes, stellar City career…????????

UKIP were at my station this morning – shame there wasn’t time to test him out as train was arriving!!

ernie_lynch
    Free Member

Nice drawing ernie.

It’s more than just a drawing edward, it’s a graph.

So did you figure out when the Tories were in government?

I’ll give you a clue……….look at the peaks 💡

slowoldman

Surely one thing we all learn chaps is that the business of running things is best left to the ladies. Leaving us time for a nice bike ride and a pint.

wanmankylung
    Free Member

Since 8pm tonight the SNP has gained 1500 new members.

ernie_lynch
    Free Member

“the business of running things is best left to the ladies”

teamhurtmore
    Free Member

Your hidden love gallery is even bigger than I thought Ernie!!!

Has Dave had Botox?

aracer
    Free Member

The ones where unemployment is rising at the start and falling at the end?

nick1962
    Free Member

2015 missing off that graph ernie 🙂 5.9% unemployment by the end of the coalition’s term.

ernie_lynch
    Free Member

Has Dave had Botox?

No he just stretches nicely.

edward2000
    Free Member

So did you figure out when the Tories were in government?

I’ll give you a clue……….look at the peaks

I’m making a statement about employment rates at the beginning and end of terms.

Sure, unemployment was high when this government came to power. Wonder why.

nick1962
    Free Member

Sure, unemployment was high when this government came to power. Wonder why.

Come on edward,surely even you have heard of the international banking crisis ?

ernie_lynch
    Free Member

The ones where unemployment is rising at the start and falling at the end?

But still end up higher than it was when they first came to power?

Yes, they’re the ones.

edward2000
    Free Member

Earnie – at least your not disagreeing with my statement

teamhurtmore
    Free Member

Good question from Rebecca to which no truthful answer. You are the first generation in a while who will face a worse outlook than the previous ones. No escape as your future was mortgaged by the rest of us.

whatnobeer
    Free Member

Come on edward,surely even you have heard of the international banking crisis ?

Which was apparently all Ed Milliband’s fault. Not sure how he managed that, but I think that’s what Clegg said.

Its quite depressing. We are going to be governed by a minority government in a coallition with a party that didnt want to be part of the UK.

Sadly voting for none of them wont count.

Democracy my arse.

Maybe you need a dictionary to look up democracy?

FWIW the SNP and Labour have booth ruled out a coalition with each other, so that won’t happen. As for having a number of MP’s who don’t want Scotland to be in the UK, how is that any different to the UKIP MEP’s? Can’y change the system from the outside….

ernie_lynch
    Free Member

I’m making a statement about employment rates at the beginning and end of terms.

I think you need a hand. Have a look at this :

The Tories came to power in 1979 and left in 1997. You will note that unemployment was significantly higher when they left office than it had been when they first formed a government.

BTW you still haven’t explained the connection with past unemployment levels and tonight’s TV debate?

Just fancied saying something critical about the Labour Party without wanting to comment on the thread’s topic?

teamhurtmore
    Free Member

FWIW the SNP and Labour have booth ruled out a coalition with each other, so that won’t happen.

😀 😀

tinribz
    Free Member

It looks like (as YouGov result) the next coalition govt might come from Tory and UKIP because SNP will wipe the floor with Labour while the rest will have difficulty to master enough seats

Current predictions are actually Lab Minority Gov with a good chance of Lab SNP colalition, Alex Salmond as Deputy PM 😆

http://www.electoralcalculus.co.uk/homepage.html

seosamh77
    Free Member

tinribz – Member
    It looks like (as YouGov result) the next coalition govt might come from Tory and UKIP because SNP will wipe the floor with Labour while the rest will have difficulty to master enough seats
    Current predictions are Lab Minority Gov with a good chance of Lab SNP colalition, Alex alomond as Deputy PM

April fools was yesterday.

btw my prediction for the next government is Tory/LibDem/UKip.

aracer
    Free Member

I hope the SNP MPs will make as constructive contribution as the UKIP MEPs do.

Though whilst we’re here, I’d like to note that you’re the one comparing SNP with UKIP 😉

whatnobeer
    Free Member

Though whilst we’re here, I’d like to note that you’re the one comparing SNP with UKIP

Shit the bed, I’m turning into THM 😮

aracer
    Free Member

Aaargh!

Aaargh!

Would you like your shit sandwich in white or brown bread?

seosamh77
    Free Member

seosamh77 » btw my prediction for the next government is Tory/LibDem/UKip.
    Aaargh!

Would you like your shit sandwich in white or brown bread?

hahaha! 😀 Chuck the DUP in there too for a laugh! 🙁

wanmankylung
    Free Member

Why does Michael Gove hate Scotland so much?

tinribz » good chance of Lab SNP colalition, Alex Salmond as Deputy PM

No chance of that whatsoever. Alex Salmond has ruled it out.

chewkw
    Free Member

tinribz – Member
    Current predictions are actually Lab Minority Gov with a good chance of Lab SNP colalition, Alex Salmond as Deputy PM

Lab and SNP coalition?

Geez I did not know politicians can change their tones as they like just to get into power. In that case all politicians must be honest people. 😆

teamhurtmore
    Free Member

Lucky you WNB!!!!

whatnobeer
    Free Member

YouGov Poll Results for comparison

ICM Poll Results

Worrying how many people though Farrage won on immigration :s

Not sure we can take much away from any of these polls given how different all the results are?

aracer
    Free Member

Northwind

tinribz – Member

Current predictions are actually Lab Minority Gov with a good chance of Lab SNP colalition, Alex Salmond as Deputy PM

You realise Electoral Calculus has the odds of a Nat/Tory coalition as equal to Nat/Labour? Which is about as likely as a Salt/Slug coalition. (you may decide which is the salt and which is the slug)

teamhurtmore
    Free Member

Ed begins with ZHCs even though they represent <3% of employment. A leader with real perspective. But at least he loves us all.

CaptJon
    Free Member

teamhurtmore – Member
    Ed begins with ZHCs even though they represent <3% of employment. A leader with real perspective. But at least he loves us all.

teamhurtmore
    Free Member

Pick those dates, pick those dates!!!

The Office for National Statistics (ONS) says that 697,000 people were employed on zero-hours contracts for their main job between October and December 2014, based on figures from the Labour Force Survey. That represents 2.3% of the UK workforce.

Junkyard
    Free Member

Ed begins with ZHCs even though they represent <3% of employment. A leader with real perspective.

Not sure what point you are trying to make

i cannot care as I dont have one?
    they are not important because they dont affect me?

Could you clarify the troll/lazy jibe point you are making?

aracer
    Free Member

Just looking at the details of the YouGov poll in isolation gives that impression – on a basic level the rating for NS is so much lower almost across the board than for either DC or EM as to call into question one or other part of that poll (the only part she beats either on is immigration, which is massively distorted by the Farage effect). Looking at the breakdown of the ratings between supporters it gets worse with such huge polarisation on most issues as to call into question the objectivity of most of those surveyed.

teamhurtmore
    Free Member

It’s funny watching coalition partners having a bitch. It would be fun to know how they really interact in cabinet. Uncle Vince moaning in the corner aside, I suspect rather well.

jekkyl

I liked Clegg’s leaning.

aracer
    Free Member

He’s certainly leaning a bit to the left there.

teamhurtmore
    Free Member

NC: “and she is really more popular than me?”
    NF: “yes and the world is round too, nick”

ernie_lynch
    Free Member

The Office for National Statistics (ONS) says that 697,000 people were employed on zero-hours

So well over half a million people then. And you think Miliband lacks “real perspective” because he is concerned about the employment status of approaching three quarters of a million workers ?

You’re not a Tory voter are you THM ?

Viewing 40 posts - 161 through 200 (of 491 total)

The topic ‘general election debate’ is closed to new replies.