Viewing 40 posts - 201 through 240 (of 491 total)
  • general election debate
  • teamhurtmore
    Free Member

Not tied to any of them Ernie, you know that, you ask the question often enough. Much more refreshing that way.

Junkyard
    Free Member

Well you have pets insults for members of every party but the tories

I am sure its just a coincidence and an further indication of your neutrality.

Lifer
    Free Member

Glad I watched the Darts instead.

ernie_lynch
    Free Member

Well you certainly come out with some classic Tory lines THM, such as the dismissive one which trivialized the zero hour issue.

There are now 100,000 more zero hour contracts than there was last year. Which suggests that it is a growing issue. Despite your attempts to trivializes it.

It would be scandalous if Miliband ignored it.

seosamh77
    Free Member

teamhurtmore – Member
    Not tied to any of them Ernie

😆 aye? 😆

teamhurtmore
    Free Member

Indeed, just think of all the issues that affect the other 98% or tackling the reasons why we have ZHC? But that would take some metal dexterity and perspective. Good job neither are required to be PM!!

Tell you what, lend me one of your many poster girl pictures and I will see if it has your desired effect. I will let you know. Take you pick, I know that you have lots of them.

You somewhat perverse logic could be applied equally to NF arguments on immigration or Tory nonsense in welfare cheats. Fortunately basic perspective, allows most of them to be debunked immediately.

ernie_lynch
    Free Member

What on earth are you rambling on about ? 🙂

Have you been quenching your thirst ?

thegreatape
    Free Member

That reminds me…

This picture has caused uproar in my village after someone posted it up on a noticeboard – accusations of election crimes and everything.

Most amusing 🙂

duckman

…Alex Salmond as Deputy PM …

Closely followed by a re-enactment at thm towers of the scene from Mars Attacks! when the invaders discover country music 😆

[video]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-MhgnMX73Pw[/video][

just5minutes
    Free Member

The fact that Labour’s biggest union donor uses zero hours contracts and 70 of their own MPs also use them tells you everything you need to know about the integrity of Ed Milliband and the party. We also shouldn’t forget that Labour pledged to end them in 1995 and did absolutely nothing about them for the 13 years they were in power.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/politics/labour/11510523/Labour-MPs-accused-of-hypocrisy-over-use-of-zero-hours-contracts.html

hora
    Free Member

UKIPs are knobs but 60% of new HIV cases/diagnosed a year arent British Nationals?

That aint going to a burden or problem is it? Political point scoring aside that is worrying.

teamhurtmore
    Free Member

If you run a business how many of the 7 would you want working for you?

And we want such people running or interfering in large parts of our lives? Bizarre

hora
    Free Member

None.

Clegg out of the blocks attacking was funny. A desperate man knowing they could slip further so had to be rude (I felt) at points in his questions to Wallace & Cameron.

teamhurtmore
    Free Member

I have a sneaking sympathy for Clegg and on balance think the Coalition has not done too badly all things considered. Then he presented an almost sturgeon-esque fantasy list at the end which meant that evaporated quite quickly. Still like Akexander he may be looking for a new job soon.

The SNP use of the term “fiscal responsibility” was the comedy highlight of the night, closely followed by Milliband’s look into my eyes approach. Spooky. Dave obviously told to try and stand aloof and be statesmanlike but meant he seemed uncomfortable and detached to me.

Like ZHC issue, Farrages nonsense about HIV simply requires some perspective.

NW, with a £6k cap coming how are the HW invites to US (and other) students taking shape. Looks like grade requirements for Sassenachs have been eased a couple of notches this year too.

dazh

Nothing much to say about the ‘debate’ other than I especially liked Nigel Farage’s tribute to Chris Morris with his rant about foreign AIDS. I couldn’t quite help think about what people in other countries must’ve thought about this motley collection of people who have somehow become our ‘leaders’. And to think we laugh at the Americans.

hora
    Free Member

So 60% of new diagnosis arent non British/EU?

richmtb

The polls following the debates were quite interesting. Given that nationally the SNP would poll at around 4%, Nicola Sturgeon’s ratings are pretty stunning. Loathe as I am to admit it the only other leader who rated higher than their election polling was Farage.

ernie_lynch
    Free Member

just5minutes – Member

The fact that Labour’s biggest union donor uses zero hours contracts and 70 of their own MPs also use them tells you everything you need to know about the integrity of Ed Milliband and the party.

Only there is no evidence that Labour’s biggest union donor, Unite, uses zero hours contracts. The smear campaign by the Tory press and Tory supporters like yourself is based on one individual case which at the moment is the subject of an employment tribunal appeal.

The tribunal found that the individual who ran courses for the union was engaged on a series of short-term contracts. The tribunal did not find that he was employed on a zero hour contract, that allegation is being made by Unite’s detractors.

But even if it were the case that Labour’s biggest union donor was found to be at fault, it is actually possible – sometimes institutions are at fault you know, think the police, the NHS, etc, how on earth does that question “the integrity of Ed Milliband and the party” ffs?

Making the practice of enforced zero hours illegal after 12 weeks means that everyone, including trade unions, will fall foul of the law. It actually shows quite a lot of integrity by Ed Milliband and the party.

BTW your link merely reports that the Sun newspaper makes an “accusation” and “alleges” that 68 Labour MPs use zero hour contracts, hardly the most convincing unbiased evidence one can imagine of.

Still if it’s true, the fact that a Labour government will introduce legislation to give individuals the right to a regular contract after 12 weeks of working regular hours, irrespective of the effect on MPs, should be celebrated, not condemned.

ninfan
    Free Member

The tribunal found that the individual who ran courses for the union was engaged on a series of short-term contracts. The tribunal did not find that he was employed on a zero hour contract, that allegation is being made by Unite’s detractors.

How many hours work did the ‘series of contracts’ (which the tribunal found made him an employee rather than self employed) guarantee him?

edward2000
    Free Member

the fact that a Labour government will introduce legislation to give individuals the right to a regular contract after 12 weeks of working regular hours

It’s not a fact if it hasn’t happened and I’ll believe it when I see it.

ernie_lynch
    Free Member

As I said, it really doesn’t matter. The best that the Tory press could find was one example which is in the subject of an appeal. And was not found to be a ZHC.

But either way makes no difference. If Miliband intends to make illegal a practice which it is alleged benefits his largest trade union donor then I find impossible to understand how that questions his “integrity”.

wilburt
    Free Member

I liked the nice Welsh lady but otherwise wouldn’t see any as leaders of a top ten nation.

In fact I’m still in favour of doing away with parlimentary constituencies, restructuring all councils as unitary and electing someone from each county to represent us in a European parliment.

Turn Westminster into some nice flats and build a new meeting place for the county reps near somewhere central like Doncaster or Wakefield.

ninfan
    Free Member

So, how many hours work did the ‘series of contracts’ that Unite claimed did not make him an employee, guarantee him then?

I seem to recall mutuality of obligation and Carmichael v national power being the test here (?)

Nobeerinthefridge
    Free Member

So 60% of new diagnosis arent non British/EU?

How many people does that equate to in real terms? Are those people paying taxes and NI?.

Only then will we know if these people are a ‘burden’, though I’d suspect not.

scotroutes

🙄

hora
    Free Member

I’d like to see the facts though rather than Liberal apologism for fear of sounding racist etc.

Theres seems to be a air of ‘Im not touching that with a bargepole’ already in councils and government over sensitive issues.

The two muppets who jumped on Farrage last night should have answered ‘lets delve into that further’ to pick apart his agenda or arguement but instead went for the blanket attack. ****

wilburt
    Free Member

It’s just a way of saying its a responsible job, nothing more.

kimbers

The funny ? Thing is hora, who gives a fudge where someone with HIV comes from I’m happy for my tax money to be spent helping them

Was it Sturgeon who said something about treating them like a human being?

Thats why its racist because you are devaluing someones life based on where they come from

ernie_lynch
    Free Member

I’d like to see the facts though rather than Liberal apologism for fear of sounding racist etc.

Well the fact is that most HIV sufferers are gay which is all you need to know

ernie_lynch
    Free Member

BTW hora …..

ninfan
    Free Member

The funny ? Thing is hora, who gives a fudge where someone with HIV comes from I’m happy for my tax money to be spent helping them

Estimated 25 million sub-Saharan Africans living with HIV

I reckon that could screw up the NHS waiting times a bit….

HughStew

IRATS..
    But after a brief perusal, none of the seven screwed up disastrously, everyone has has their prejudices confirmed, no-one has changed their mind one jot and it was all a complete waste of time.

kimbers

ninfan – Member
    Estimated 25 million sub-Saharan Africans living with HIV

I reckon that could screw up the NHS waiting times a bit..

Fortunately south Africa and kenya at least have their own decent treatment programmes (coz they buy their antiretrovirals from generic manufacturers)

Of course if you lie awake at night fearing the country is being overrun by AIDS riddled foreign folk then vote farige by all means

dazh

Can’t believe I have to post this, but it’s an opportunity not to be missed..

[video]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kFNs2mOkKzc[/video]

ernie_lynch
    Free Member

Page nine seems to roughly support Farage

When you say “seems to roughly support Farage” do you mean it shows that Farage got the figure for new cases of HIV wrong, failed to mention that news cases are significantly declining, and that his 60% figure is bollocks ?

From your link Z-11 :

The proportion of new HIV diagnoses reported among people born in Africa halved from 54% in 2004 to 25% in 2013.

Is that what you mean by ‘page nine seems to roughly support Farage’ ?

mitsumonkey
    Free Member

Sadly it doesn’t work like that there’s only one pot of money, so what gets spent on so called ‘health tourism’ means elsewhere operations get cancelled and better medication doesn’t get bought.
    Isn’t the Welsh NHS in a bit of a state at the minute?

Tom_W1987
    Free Member

Because Hora, a lot of them will be illegals and its better to treat them than scare them off with hospital charges as it reduces risk to the rest of the population.

Its not liberal apologism, its common sense which the right appears to lack.

anagallis_arvensis

ernie_lynch
    Free Member

Isn’t the Welsh NHS in a bit of a state at the minute?

It’s creaking under the pressure from boatloads of HIV riddled invaders.

Don’t forget to vote for the man who knows how to smile and hold a pint, he’ll sort the NHS out.

Of course he’ll solve the problem by just scrapping the NHS :

Nigel Farage: NHS might have to be replaced by private health insurance

And encouraging people to smoke. After all drinking and smoking hasn’t done him any harm, it’s just nanny state/health and safety gawn mad, innit?

Viewing 40 posts - 201 through 240 (of 491 total)

The topic ‘general election debate’ is closed to new replies.