Home Forums Bike Forum Gabba jerseys/jackets: are they supposed to be skin tight to work?

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Gabba jerseys/jackets: are they supposed to be skin tight to work?
  • vlad_the_invader

I got a Castelli Gabba RoS jersey (or sleeveless jacket???) mail order as it was on sale.

I used Castelli’s size guide to choose the size but when I tried it on, it doesn’t feel right.

I’m assuming the material needs to fit tightly against the skin to keep you warm but it seems way too loose everywhere except across the top of my shoulders.

Do I need to go down a size (or two)? I’m 191cm and 89kg and went for XXL…

TheGingerOne

I would say yes because it is a jersey not a jacket unless I’m confused by what you are talking about.

I think I’m 188cm and 78kg or so and would wear a large

vlad_the_invader

Screenshot_20240910-121925

scotroutes

Jacket/jersey? I’d always wear a baselayer under it. Theyre certainly a heavier grade material than most jerseys I can think of.

tall_martin

I have to size up two sized in castelli. Large in Rapha, XXL in castelli.

Maybe it’s a size too small?

diggery
    Free Member

Do I need to go down a size (or two)? I’m 191cm and 89kg and went for XXL…

Maybe!?

I have a Gabba, older generation, and at 183cm and 80kg I’m in a Medium for a ‘race fit’. Excellent bit of kit for anything below 10C.  Even goes sub-zero with a base layer and some Castelli arm warmers.

vlad_the_invader

@tall_martin: it’s definitely not too small.

Anyway, Castelli do free returns and even at sale price  I want a proper fit so it’s going back…

scaled
    Free Member

Mines tight across the back of my shoulders while i stood up, much more comfortable when you’re on the bike though, it’s weird.

benman
    Free Member

I concur, they have excess fabric in the back of the shoulders, which should be comfy when leant over the bars. Feels a bit weird when off the bike though

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.