Home Forums Bike Forum Front tyre for a rigid 29er?

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Front tyre for a rigid 29er?
  • cheers_drive

As per the title really. Currently running 2.1 IRC Mythos, it’s OK but could do with more grip in the wet and definately more cushioning.
    The rims are Bontrager Superstocks so superwide tyres would probably be too squirmy.
    The bike mainly used on the new man made Bristol stuff when other trails are too gloopy. They might be man made but it’s not typical trail centre grip when wet with a thin layer of slime over smooth rock.
    I was going for a 2.4 Ardent but I’m not sure how well they will grip in the wet or behave in narrow rims. Any other suggestions?

Nicknoxx
    Free Member

2.4 Nobby Nic

cheers_drive

People around here who use 26″ NNs have not said nice things about their grip in the wet. Could be different with the 29″ version though.
    My LBS tried to sell me a 2.35 Hand Dampf but at £50 I thought twice.

terrahawk
    Free Member

2.4 Ardents are ace.

HermanShake
    Free Member

I agree, 2.4 Ardents are great. I’ve got one on my rigid 69er.

thomthumb
    Free Member

2.4 racing ralph. best tyre ever. HTH

cheers_drive

Anyone got a barely used 2.4 29er Ardent for sale?

nsaints
    Free Member

I’ll no doubt be the lone voice who likes WTB Exiwolf 2.3; based on price and performance

keavo
    Free Member

hans dampf are good, go for one of them. slowish though, front and rear would be hard work. if cushioning is the priority get a geax sagauro, cushiest tyre i’ve ridden and fast.

ds3000
    Free Member

I’ve got a 2.4 Ardent on a crest rim. Very grippy and rolls well. Different beast to the 2.2, more aggressive tyre IMO.

cheers_drive

Just order a 2.4 ardent wire bead, only £19 from Tweeks and only 100g heavier than the kevlar version.

Rorschach
    Free Member

Bontrager xr4.

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

The topic ‘Front tyre for a rigid 29er?’ is closed to new replies.