Home Forums Chat Forum Fridge warm freezer cold.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Fridge warm freezer cold.
  • zippykona

Have defrosted freezer ( was quite frozen) and hoovered the elements . Still same scenario.

We have water in the handle of the freezer. Obviously this has come from the fridge and would indicate the seal isn’t as good as it should be.

Would a seal have that much affect on the temperature? Is there an obvious bit I should change first?

thestabiliser
    Free Member

Is your drain hole blocked?

….Sorry, is the fridges drain hole blocked?

scotroutes

How old is it?

maccruiskeen

River deep. Mountain high.

maccruiskeen

If the fridge compartment isnt as cool as it should be (have you got a thermometer in there?) then I doubt the seal would be enough reason for the fridge to be warm, the fridge would just work harder to be cold.

A blocked drain would be the reason for the water – but not the reason the fridge is warm

I’d imagine it more likely that the thermostat is on the wonk – they’re usually fairly easy to replace if you can source one.

knottinbotswana
    Free Member

Long shot, as I infer your freezer is at the bottom, but is there a vent/duct feeding cold air from freezer to fridge?

I had the same symptoms as you, but in a freezer-on-top fridge-below arrangement, and found the duct blocked by ice. As the duct is buried in the carcass of the appliance it took more time and effort to defrost and unblock than only defrosting the freezer compartment.

greatbeardedone
    Free Member

Sounds like you’re running the freezer part, too cold.

as is a ‘drrrrrrrrrrr’ sound from the appliance.

its struggling to get rid of any accumulated ice.

assuming you’ve got dual controls, try dialling back the freezer to half of what you’re running it at.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.