Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Fresh Goods Friday 691 – The Bells Edition
  • Ben_Haworth

This week has been about a big delivery that we’ve been awaiting. Yes, we have become a grandmother. Er, no. That’s not it. That’s not it at all.

By ben_haworth

Get the full story here:

Fresh Goods Friday 691 – The Bells Edition

BB

New issue just dropped on the doormat – Very impressed!

My son (off ill from school) said it felt ‘premium’…

mashr

That Last is lovely. Shame the chain stays are pretty short on the 175 size

brakestoomuch

That helmet can’t be that lightweight, judging by the state of the cat.

fahzure

That Last seattube angle is not great and gets worse, the taller you are.

matt_outandabout

Looking forward to this months mag and the review of those grips.

noeffsgiven
    Free Member

That Last looks like a hybrid of a Saracen and a Knolly but with an attractive front triangle, subtle fish scaling on the welds caught my eye, but can’t decide if I like it or not.
    So is thirty odd quid for lock-on grips gonna be the going rate soon.

bikesandboots

That Last seattube angle is not great and gets worse, the taller you are.

I wonder if this is some compromise due to sharing parts across their range.

prettygreenparrot

a bit less goggley and bit more singlassesy

‘Singlasses’? they sound fun

doomanic

I don’t think I’d consider ditching Fidlock in favour of d-rings an upgrade/improvement. Singletrack’s recommended deal isn’t much of a bargain either…

streetrider

Just received the new issue, all I can say is – bravo. The design is outstanding, all the hard work has well and truly paid off, thank you Singletrackers!

Northwind

Love that Last, I had a Herb a while back that was bloody brilliant, you can sort of see the family resemblance but everything’s more evolved. Seat angle does look slack, though. Hope the linkage pivot location doesn’t stop it taking a long seatpost.

“Why use anything that isn’t classic Stans No Tubes white stuff?” OKO Hifibre is cheaper, just as good at fixing punctures, but lasts far better, and is waterbased so if it’s starting to dry up you can just add a little water and wet it again. Halo is the same stuff. Literally the only downside is that you can buy Stans anywhere, but not everywhere sells OKO, and they shouldn’t be mixed. Other’n that the OKO is just better.

fluffsri
    Free Member

Last time I went to the Falklands I took my bike and went for a ride to see the penguins. Nice day out LOL.

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.