Home Forums Chat Forum Football 2024-25. Pep’s last season?

Viewing 23 posts - 401 through 423 (of 423 total)
  • Football 2024-25. Pep’s last season?
    ElShalimo

Tuchel will be interesting when the mouth-breathing inngrrrland fans start singing about bombers, world cups and world wars

Caher

Looks like they got fed up of the Irishman then. Not sure Tuchel will win the world/European cup though.

binners

Meh. Who gives a flying **** anyway about international football anyway, particularly Engerland?

It’s one less on the candidate list to take over from Ten Hag, I suppose, who is inexplicably still in a job.

Bring on the ‘proper’ football after the latest pointless nonsense and see if Brentford can beat their present record and put two past us in the opening minute. With our present defence, that’s entirely possible

MSP

Most of us give even less **** about the latest latest stupidity at united.

stevenmenmuir
    Free Member

I hope United don’t decide to look back to 1986 for inspiration and come looking at Pittodrie for their next manager.

binners

Most of us give even less **** about the latest latest stupidity at united

Could you let my scouse mates know that then please? Because when I see them they don’t want to talk about anything else ;)

binners

Anyway… I see the achingly-predictable, small-minded little-Ingerlanders have set out to prove that they haven’t progressed in their prehistoric, knuckle-dragging attitudes since they appointed Sven in 2001. (Rolls eyes emoji)

B948E2DB-97C6-401F-8726-CEABAB5E3DAA

mrlebowski
    Free Member

God the xenophobia in that article is horrific (was it written by Farage?). Tuchel is a good manager & the best that is available. Not that I particularly care about the national team, but in this instance I hope Tuchel gets them playing well & the pathetic small minded hack who wrote this article has to eat their words by next summer…

weeksy

Is that an actual article not a spoof ?

binners

I’m afraid (somewhat unsurprisingly) it’s real. God only knows why a quality manager like him would put himself through this.

Christ, everything about the Ingerland set up and their moronic fan base is utterly toxic

Caher

Tuchel needs to go. No wins for England yet.

weeksy

I’m afraid (somewhat unsurprisingly) it’s real. God only knows why a quality manager like him would put himself through this.

Christ, everything about the Ingerland set up and their moronic fan base is utterly toxic

Wow, i’m amazed that’s actually allowed in this politically correct world we live in.  I don’t know much about newspapers and ‘sides’ but that seems massively racist to me.

Wasn’t Klinsman bandied about more than a few times previously. ?

binners

All the rumours were about Pep, which just shows how utterly delusional the Ingerland fans are and how many ideas above their station they have

The idea of Pep taking the job is absolutely ludicrous. I’m amazed they’ve got Tuchel. It won’t be long before he’s regretting it, I’m sure

ElShalimo

Behind the scenes footage of Tuchel’s prep for the press conf

muggomagic

All the rumours were about Pep, which just shows how utterly delusional the Ingerland fans are and how many ideas above their station they have

Probably not that crazy, he’s said he wants to manage a national team at some point, his contract is up at the end of the season. A sizeable portion of the squad are at or have played for City, we’re a couple of defenders away from a very good first XI. There’s clearly been contact between the FA and his agent.

I’m amazed they’ve got Tuchel.

I’m not surprised any half decent manager that’s out of work. The pay is good and surely you’d back yourself to do better than a coach that had little experience before he got it and he managed to get the team to a couple of finals.

wbo
    Free Member

I think Southgates ‘limted’ management experience with the U21’s would have been of a lot more value than anything most club managers would bring to the table.  Shopping for players at PSG isn’t very relevant

MoreCashThanDash

I’m not a fan of how the FA/England system is run, and I’m not totally convinced by Tuchel, but I really hope that he wins something with England and rubs the Mail’s nose in it.

That’s just vile.

MSP

To be fair, there is also some German media laughing about England having a German coach.

MoreCashThanDash

To be fair, there is also some German media laughing about England having a German coach.

The Mail isn’t laughing though.

neilnevill
    Free Member

Changing the subject… .Staveley is clearly closing in on some kind of buy in to spurs.  This has me very concerned.

DaveyBoyWonder
    Free Member

As soon as I saw the rumours about Tuchel, you just knew it’d be followed up by all the gammons moaning about him being a German in charge of England. Honestly, who actually cares? In terms of chances of success, his track record is head and shoulders above any manager the national team have had for decades so maybe, just maybe, at the WC in 2 years we might actually win it and stop having to talk about x years of hurt, living on past glories of a WC won 60 years ago etc.

Stuff like seeing the DM article above and listening to some of the red faced Brexit supporters on Talksport yesterday makes me (even more) ashamed to be English. In other news, I have next to no care about the national team. Watched a bit of it the other night – Alexander-Arnold spannering balls all over the place in the hope something sticks and is a “wonder pass”, Bellingham strutting around the pitch like he’s Zidane, Pele, Beckenbaur and Ronaldo all rolled into one etc. What a loathsome group of football players.

Back to proper football this weekend. Come on Leeds (with our German manager who oddly, at no point has it crossed my mind that I should dislike him because of something that happened 100 years ago when a mentalist took a country to a world war)

ElShalimo

his track record is head and shoulders above any manager the national team have had for decades

Southgate’s record was very impressive: semis, quarters and 2 finals. I’ll wager that no manager will better that in the next 20years.

Compare that to any previous national manager and he’s very successful by any measure. If the fans weren’t so stupid and hung up on 1966 then they might see it differently.

Tuchel it’s another high profile manager who has inherited much of his success. Dortmund are always a major force in Germany, PSG were splashing cash and uncontested domestically, Chelsea are just Chelsea. Bayern, well his personality and methods were not a success.

He’s just a new Mourinho and will be doing his angry Pepperami impression at Wembley very soon.

PrinceJohn

Jesus F Christ that daily heil article is something else.

Are they talking about the same Gareth Southgate they eviscerated for England players taking the knee and making a stand against racism.

I’d love to see them get themselves in a right pickle if he actually won the World Cup

Viewing 23 posts - 401 through 423 (of 423 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.