Home Forums Chat Forum Foods you can eat hot, but not cold or vice versa

Viewing 16 posts - 41 through 56 (of 56 total)
  • Foods you can eat hot, but not cold or vice versa
  • elray89
    Free Member

Sausage Rolls (the pasty ones) when hot are up there in the pantheon of godlike foods.

Sausage rolls when cold are a weird, chalky, heartburn-y brick of displeasure.

thols2
    Free Member

Just the thought of eating cold baked beans makes my skin crawl.

If you mix them with salsa and spread them over chips, they taste like salty salsa.

joshvegas
    Free Member

My Grandma grew up in a house in Portsoy with a porridge draw. Tin lined drawer in the sideboard where the porridge was poured in the morning and you cut off your piece as and when during the day.

You’d have loved that I expect.

Me and the dog fight over left over porridge

redmex
    Free Member

A Greggs chicken bake or steakybake are naff when cold especially that chicken gloop

rockbus
    Free Member

Sausage Rolls (the pasty ones) when hot are up there in the pantheon of godlike foods.

Sausage rolls when cold are a weird, chalky, heartburn-y brick of displeasure.

I’m the other way around, like cold sausage rolls but not so keen when warmed up when they just seem to taste greasier.

Ambrose

Oi!

“gross. both hot or cold. especially that ambrosia stuff. that’s basically sick in a tin, minus the carrots

rice needs to be home made. custard too.”

mtbnovice

Jazz – delicious hot, disgusting cold

jonnyrobertson

Coffee needs to be HOT, as soon as it becomes merely warm it gives me the gip.  Only occasionally drink tea but I’d say the same for that (I never let it get to that stage).  Baked beans need to be hot as well.  Beans-out -of-the-tin eaters should be on some kind of register.

peterno51

Cold fried egg.

gag.

bens
    Free Member

jamj1974

Curry. Cannot eat any type of curry cold.

The thought of cold curry doesn’t appeal. However, returning from a big ride one day, ravenous for anything, a large helping of last night’s curry stuffed into a (heavily) buttered roll was at the time, the greatest thing I’d ever eaten.

So good in fact I’d do it again.

muddyjames
    Free Member

The temperature of food can change the impact it has on the body. Cold starchy foods for example pasta have a slower release of energy than freshly cooked. Same for potatoes. Cold have lower GI than freshly cooked.

greatbeardedone
    Free Member

Like pot noodle, apple pie has to be hot.

(but never combined)😂

a good, lentiley curry can be quite enjoyable, cold.

Ambrose

One thing that I really know is that on a Saturday morning the cold leftovers of the Friday night takeaway is the food of the gods.

northernmatt

Cold fried egg.

gag.

FTFY.

Salad, cold not hot. Specifically the salad that comes with an indian takeaway. Made hours earlier, thrown in a small white plastic bag, then heated to just above warm by the surrounding containers of molten curry lava.

Bunnyhop

A ‘magnum’ once melted in our kitchen, the gloop that ended up on the plate was a disgusting mix of the cheapest chocolate, also the sweetest ice cream. I won’t even eat one cold now, let alone warm and melted.

oceanskipper

Jazz – delicious hot, disgusting cold

Not a food. Although it’s probably got quite a bit of protein in it to be fair… Oh Jazz, sorry my mistake. Still not a food though.

Viewing 16 posts - 41 through 56 (of 56 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.