Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 56 total)
  • Foods you can eat hot, but not cold or vice versa
  • blokeuptheroad

I have a particular thing for not being able to eat certain starchy foods cold. E.g. pasta, rice, beans, cous cous etc. I really enjoy them all hot, but If I see any of them cold (in a salad for example) it makes me gip. 🤢 The sticky, starchy, slimy texture of cold pasta in particular, really gives me the heeby jeebies!

And yet I will happily wolf down cold potatoes – mashed, chipped, roasted whatever! Where’s the logic? Still with cold fat on them from yesterday’s roast? Nom nom, bring it on!

Probably less controversial, but I love cold pizza, sausages, curry, Yorkshire pud etc.

Just me? Am I weird?

onehundredthidiot

Yes cold not hot. Steak tartar

ThePinkster

Hot ice-cream is just a no-no for me. It never stays in the cone!😉

ElShalimo

Hot dog

savoyad

When I was at school they used to expect us to eat HOT scotch eggs.

sillyoldman

Hot avocado mings.

blokeuptheroad

When I was at school they used to expect us to eat HOT scotch eggs.

Nuked in the microwave till red hot.  Squished onto thickly buttered bread with some brown sauce for an epic sandwich.

bens
    Free Member

Just the thought of eating cold baked beans makes my skin crawl.

beej

Same here, cold baked beans. Yuk.

redmex
    Free Member

I can’t eat beans warmed up they have to be straight out the tin, same goes for rice or custard

Just made puttanesca , huge portion so I can eat it cold at work tomorrow

joshvegas
    Free Member

Hot ice-cream is just a no-no for me. It never stays in the cone!😉

I like custard.

revs1972
    Free Member

Onions

love them raw ( chopped up of course)

can’t stand them fried etc , all slimy 🤮

convert

Just the thought of eating cold baked beans makes my skin crawl.

This skill came with age – now I can eat a whole tin straight up from the tin.

Potatoes – love ’em raw. Eat them like an apple.

Raw pasta is a bit crunchy though.

blokeuptheroad

I thought of another, but it’s more of a raw v cooked than cold v hot thing. Carrots.  I love them raw, grated in a salad, scooping up hummus or just crunching on them.  I really don’t like them cooked though, to me they have a really noticeable unpleasant bitter taste.

andytherocketeer

straight out the tin, same goes for rice or custard

gross. both hot or cold. especially that ambrosia stuff.  that’s basically sick in a tin, minus the carrots

rice needs to be home made. custard too.

onehundredthidiot

Quiche. It’s not that I can’t eat it hot but why would you? Mrs 100th insists it be heated, I’m getting the patio groundwork started now.

blokeuptheroad

rice needs to be home made. custard too.

I like posh custard, I really do. Made with Madagascan vanilla pods and all that.  But sometimes, like when you are making an old school trifle – only Birds will do. Luminous yellow and bursting with E-numbers as it may be!

gecko76

Mrs 100th insists it be heated, I’m getting the patio groundwork started now.

You must have a massive patio.

mattyfez

Onions

love them raw ( chopped up of course)

can’t stand them fried etc , all slimy

What you’re taking about there is partially cooked onions.. Properly caremalised or crisped up a bit onion is amazing.

robertajobb

<hr />

There’s some right fussy eaters on STW.

jca

Hot salad

tuboflard

Gazpacho.

ThePinkster

I like custard

🤣

Onzadog
    Free Member

Not really. I’ll eat most left overs cold because I’m too impatient to warm it up.

Also recently discovered that cold baked beans are more flavoursome than when heated.

dpfr

My mother buys nice pork pies from her local butcher, then heats them in the oven. DO NOT do this!!!!

n0b0dy0ftheg0at
    Free Member

Thankfully not done it for a while as I’m struggling with my weight as it is, but I can demolish a 6-pack of hot cross buns cold very easily.

Can’t recall the last one I had hit and toasted.

Very rare to have hot porridge oats.

redmex
    Free Member

Slightly different I don’t like grated cheese but love accurate thin sliced cheese from the same block, partner thinks it’s weird but then she can’t cut cheese plumb or accurate

mattyfez

Slightly different I don’t like grated cheese but love accurate thin sliced cheese from the same block, partner thinks it’s weird but then she can’t cut cheese plumb or accurate

Im with you on that, grated cheese

A) makes a mess

B) you have to clean the grater which is a pain

A good sharp knife to slice the cheese correctly according to desired specification is far more preferable.

andytherocketeer

I like posh custard, I really do. Made with Madagascan vanilla pods and all that. But sometimes, like when you are making an old school trifle – only Birds will do. Luminous yellow and bursting with E-numbers as it may be!

Made from Birds custard powder is OK.  Pre-made stuff in a carton is minging.  Although not quite as minging as ambrosia.

oldnpastit

Pease pudding is delicious hot, and actually not bad when it’s cold.

jca

Pease pudding is delicious hot, and actually not bad when it’s cold.

What about 9 days old?

jamj1974

Curry. Cannot eat any type of curry cold.  I can eat tandoori chicken and chicken tikka cold though.  Wouldn’t each cold chili or ragu either.

Baked beans, hot yes, cold no.  Same with eggs.

citizenlee
    Free Member

Some people like cold leftover pizza, but I’m not one of those people.

tlr
    Free Member

Cup of tea. Rank when less than ‘quite hot’.

But coffee is ok any temperature. Weird.

blokeuptheroad

Cup of tea. Rank when less than ‘quite hot’.

But coffee is ok any temperature. Weird.

Definitely this. Nowt worse than being given a cup of lukewarm tea. Well maybe there is, weak, overly milky lukewarm tea.  People who do this are not your friends. I find with coffee, it starts to taste better when it cools a little, or more that the heat stops masking the flavour.  It can be too cold though, there is a goldilocks temperature.

Houns

Boiled spuds. Don’t like them hot, can eat them all day long when cold (with congealed butter on them too).

sargey

I like a cold bacon sarnie more than a hot bacon sarnie.

blokeuptheroad

Some people like cold leftover pizza, but I’m not one of those people.

Reported!

Bunnyhop

Porridge.

convert

Porridge.

My Grandma grew up in a house in Portsoy with a porridge draw. Tin lined drawer in the sideboard where the porridge was poured in the morning and you cut off your piece as and when during the day.

You’d have loved that I expect.

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 56 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.