Home Forums Bike Forum FOD conditions

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • FOD conditions
  • graemethejock

Hello all

heading the fod on Wednesday coming up from Dorset just wondering what the ground is like as it was a wet weekend down south

will be riding dowies/shutcastle to start then maybe over to mallards

cheers

weeksy

Better than you’d expect in truth. Even after Sat nights rain the tracks were superb on Sunday.

Dowies/Shutt do hold the puddles a bit more though so i’d exepct them to be wetter in places, but the main lines will be great about now apart from a few puddles.

leegee

Been there this weekend, the off piste opposite Hopewell colliery was very wet in places Friday.

Saturday Mallards Pike was better but it rained heavily Saturday night and a lot Sunday.

Went for a walk at Dowies today as I had been staying close by at Whitemead & some other riders there told me about some steep tracks, it was pretty dry and it’s been sunny today.

supernova

I’ve been out all over today, it’s fine.

mattsccm
    Free Member

Nice out there now. Sunday was wet early but it had stopped before 8am and it didn’t start again until early evening . Dry night and it’s a sunny blowy afternoon. Puddles though. Might go out for an hour in a minute or might not.

HobNob
    Free Member

That’s where I walk the dog / run most days. The trails are full of puddles, but the actual full winter slop hasn’t returned just yet.

Looks mostly dry again for the next week or so & it’s been warm, so expect it will be pretty good on the whole.

gooner666

Rode there last night and it had dried up a fair bit from Saturday. It’s actually quite warm at the moment

Slippery and muddy in a few places but overall very good. That said I think we are due some showers later today but dry tomorrow.

Enjoy!

graemethejock

Awesome thanks for the info

havent ridden mallards

before are the trails easy to find from the car park/lake?

gooner666

Blue is very easy to find

The red is ok but you need to keep an eye out as some of the direction posts can easily be missed as there are lots of off piste trails which have been created.

I tend to do the start the red from the trail centre but the do the “Adit” additional loop which makes it about 10 miles long. You come to a junction after about 4 miles that gives you the choice of taking the extra loop or the doing the shorter one

Watch out for boar – I have had ones pass across in front of me on my last to visits

doomanic

That’s for Pedalabikeaway, not Mallards…

Mallards is all unsanctioned so no trail signs. The trails that finished on the lake side are all pretty much gone, the trails that finish near the road were all open a couple of weeks ago.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.