Home Forums Chat Forum Fishing Shops: Wow!

Viewing 7 posts - 41 through 47 (of 47 total)
  • Fishing Shops: Wow!
  • smiffy

you will lose hooks and weights when they get snagged on stuff and the line snaps.

There goes The Environment.

Pauly

I used to fish a bit as a kid; Shakespeare rod & reel combo at the local harbour. Keen to get back into it so can any of my Fishingtrackworld comrades recommend a good rod & reel combo for me to sea fish off rocky coastline when I’m on my travels?

Is there an equivalent forum anywhere?

kormoran
    Free Member

Have you considered a telescopic rod if you are traveling? There’s loads on the market now, they look pretty impressive these days. There’s also rods that pack down tiny to fit in back packs

I’m using a normal 11ft rod with a 1.5lb test curve for light sea fishing, lure fishing etc off rocks. Good for casting and powerful enough for mackerel and Pollack which is what I’m after.

aphex_2k
    Free Member

I spent a good few years into carp fishing, night fishing, rod pods, bite alarms. I’d love to do it here (Aus) but carp are an invasive species here so they’re catch and kill apparently so I’m not keen. Was expensive though. 3 matched rods, 3 reels, 3 alarms, bait casting rod, boilies, huge landing nets.

I do miss waking up and getting a coffee on while the mist rolls across the lake. That’s golden.

gobuchul
    Free Member

I thought I had already posted this but it seems to have disappeared?

Is there an equivalent forum anywhere?

https://www.worldseafishing.com/forums/

chipps

Never been a fisherman (apart from a single, unsuccessful attempt by my schoolfriend to get me interested) but I did get to go to Shimano HQ on a component launch once. We got to wander into the fishing tackle showroom and some of the reels were incredible in terms of machining and technology. Really wanted to get an Ultegra reel just because it was lovely… An I now see that electric-assist is becoming a thing. Who wouldn’t want a Beastmaster 3000 eh? ;-)

gobuchul
    Free Member

No Dura-Ace? Surely that should be their top model?

Viewing 7 posts - 41 through 47 (of 47 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.