Viewing 32 posts - 161 through 192 (of 192 total)
  • First negative encounter with the “ebike mob”
  • couchy
    Free Member

The only aggression and anger I’m seeing is from non ebike riders, tbh and then it’s only on a forum and not out in the real world where we all just get along, usually as twice now someone has given me the **** sign and mentioned ebike despite my politeness, personally I ignore it but I always think it’s a dodgy move insulting someone you don’t know in the middle of some trail as not everyone is as easy going as I am.

sirromj

So wot we learnt here is ebikers can be dicks and non ebikers can be dicks but having an ebike doesn’t make you a dick and having a non ebike dont make you a dick. phew..

matt_outandabout

Am I a dick?

northernsoul

You are if:
    a) your name is Richard (clearly, it isn’t 🙂); or
    b) you’re a detective.

geex
    Free Member

sometimes matt_

Aren’t we all?

colp

I keep hearing people coming up behind me and being competitive I often put the hammer down when I hear that (Don’t we all)

Have you tried opening the taps? That should do it.

geex
    Free Member

i’d assumed he’d put the hammer down to look for his pipe grips.

WTF are you cyclist weirdos on about now?

jekkyl

Why has he taken a hammer out riding anyway

bikenski
    Free Member

a lot of chairlifts won’t take them

Really? Where? I spent the summer riding e bikes in the Alps and haven’t been refused a chairlift yet (although the lifties would give me a look of slight annoyance if they were doing the loading!) Though the best thing about ebikes is easily being able to avoid the lift-lapping masses.

It is tricky to fly with them though – would be useful if all of the batteries were interchangeable to make battery hire easy.

raybanwomble
    Free Member

Really? Where? I spent the summer riding e bikes in the Alps and haven’t been refused a chairlift yet (although the lifties would give me a look of slight annoyance if they were doing the loading!) Though the best thing about ebikes is easily being able to avoid the lift-lapping masses

Well, last time I was going up the Super Morzine lifts it had “no e-bikes” on the entrance.

chakaping
    Free Member

I got overtaken (uphill) on my ebike at the weekend. The guy was quite confused, he’d never overtaken an ebiker before :D.

This wasn’t at Hebden was it?

kerley
    Free Member

Going out cycling in a minute but will be careful with the taps as they will freeze but my hammer should be safe enough on the icy floor. Always have a hammer and taps on every ride.

chvck
    Free Member

This wasn’t at Hebden was it?

Prestwich park. I’ve been overtaken many places though 🙂

taxi25
    Free Member

So wot we learnt here is ebikers can be dicks and non ebikers can be dicks but having an ebike doesn’t make you a dick and having a non ebike dont make you a dick.

Not true IMHO, the act of having a motor and instantly becoming superior turns some people into dicks 🙁. Think how some perfectly sane people become when they drive a car. Obviously no Stw posters included in this generalisation, but E-mtbs are more attractive to your average dick than normal bikes. This is all true but E-mtb riders just wont admit it.

jameso

Open Up The Taps, Ricky!

Lightweight essential kit for all Fast XC types, fits in any race jersey pocket. Available from the Age Mobility Help Centre, who will also be stocking E-bikes very soon.

🙂

antares
    Free Member

I wonder if people are dumb enough to buy one of each colour for hot and cold taps?

cynic-al
    Free Member

I wonder if people are dumb enough to buy one of each colour for hot and cold taps?

Well, someone was dumb enough to ask that, so it must be possible.

singlespeedstu

I like to take this out with me when I ride my Ebike.
    https://www.washroomhub.co.uk/beck-automatic-adjustable-temperature-tap/
    Is opens it’s self automatically because I’m too lazy to do it manually.
    If only I could find an Ehammer that drops it’s self my life would be complete.

seosamh77
    Free Member

jameso

Subscriber

😆

sirromj

The Tumble Tapp probably be more appropriate.

colp

I must admit if any XC rider blocks my ebike on a climb I just faucet past.

chakaping
    Free Member

You mustn’t sink to their level colp.

You’ll end up in hot water.

chakaping
    Free Member

Prestwich park. I’ve been overtaken many places though

Righto, at least I got my humblebrag in anyway.

I wasn’t even carrying any tools or plumbing.

duncancallum

My biggest ebike moan was aimed at leisure lakes

38 bikes on an ebike demo day and they took them on footpaths…

We all ride footpaths I know but I’d not do an official event on them.

Most people are dicks. I’m a dick and so is my wife.

matt_outandabout

For the first time in ages* at a trail centre**, I didn’t see an eBike today. Note to self – ebikers clearly*** avoid mega**** steep stuff,
    * At least since May
    ** If it’s on trail forks, it’s a trail centre, no?
    *** I’m good a generalisations me
    **** Well I sh*t myself at least twice today

geex
    Free Member

mine’s pretty awesome on mega steep stuff.
    no one shits themselves either.
    Neither of these observations have anything at all to do with it being an Ebike.

globalti
    Free Member

Your problem is that you went to a trail centre. I tried one once and was so disgusted at the numbers of PET drink bottles thrown down by the trail for the first couple of miles that I never tried one again. That and the sheer boredom of riding round and round in a forest when you’ve got the whole world out there waiting for you; all you need to do is buy a map and get riding.

returnoftheyak
    Free Member

TheYak shat himself once while taking a shortcut home which turned out not to be a short cut. The Yak has a friend who shat himself in Tescos and another who shat himself on a busy campsite in Glencoe.

chakaping
    Free Member

Your problem is that you went to a trail centre. I tried one once and was so disgusted at the numbers of PET drink bottles thrown down by the trail for the first couple of miles that I never tried one again. That and the sheer boredom of riding round and round in a forest when you’ve got the whole world out there waiting for you; all you need to do is buy a map and get riding.

Why not tell us about some of your awesome recent MTB adventures then?

sirromj

buy a map and get riding.

Just make sure you’re riding in the area that the map covers otherwise it will be completely useless.

thelordhumungous
    Free Member

If you live in the east midlands like me ‘buy a map and get riding’ would result in dull featureless poorly maintained bridleways, inefficiently making there way around/across grass field slogs, with possibly 30 seconds of woodland full of litter and doggers, and probably ending at an illegally closed off gate/path/other barrier followed by a death route along an A road. Believe me I’ve done plenty of it.Really dispiriting riding. In Scotland, Wales etc I’m sure its easier. Trail centres and primarily local hand cut off the map stuff is the only way round here.

OT – Had a go on an E-bike and it was awesome fun, made hills and flat sections a whole different ball game, would consider one for sure. But massive potential for people getting beyond their limits and idiot behaviour.

wrightyson
    Free Member

If you live in the east midlands

You must live in a different part of the East Midlands to me. It’s pretty awesome round here with a 4 hr loop possible with lots of good stuff in that!

Viewing 32 posts - 161 through 192 (of 192 total)

The topic ‘First negative encounter with the “ebike mob”’ is closed to new replies.