• This topic has 1,693 replies, 146 voices, and was last updated 4 years ago by Pook.
Viewing 40 posts - 801 through 840 (of 1,694 total)
  • F1 2019 (spoilers obviously)
  • Pook

I’ve pretty much slept through this

hols2
    Free Member

I’ve pretty much slept through this

What? The battle for 7th to 10th places is fascinating.

bluearsedfly
    Free Member

Time penalties for Dan Ric, down to 11th.

roady_tony
    Free Member

a ton of DRS simple overtakes and a wounded car getting swamped on the last lap doesnt make it a fascinating race. total borefest

what happened to the new front wings allowing closer racing and overtakes,!?!?

jeeez compare this to the LE MANS WEC last week……….. no contest – lets see a the WEC race every weekend

cheekymonkey888
    Free Member

who would fill Gasleys seat? Answers to helmut please

I hope they give him a bit more time.

roady_tony
    Free Member

Alonso!

andrewh
    Free Member

Vergne? Would like to see him given a shot in the RB.
    Is he still attached to RB in any way?

LordSummerisle
    Free Member

jeeez compare this to the LE MANS WEC last week……….. no contest – lets see a the WEC race every weekend

You should have watched the nurburg 24hr which ended about 15mins after the f1 started.
    even better than Le Mans was.

154 cars started and it runs on the fulls circuit comprising the GP circuit and the north loop.

vid

daviek

Agreed, the 24 hours of Nurburgring was a good race I just couldn’t figure out all the classes!

LordSummerisle
    Free Member

i believe it runs something like these classes.

So the overall win went to a GT3 class car, while the Aston Martin Racing entry with Alex Brundle and Jamie Chadwick which won their “SP8T” class meaning they were in a category of race cars with engines upto 4ltr (with turbo)
    Considering they had a gearbox issue at the start and ended up having to catch up their starting group and i think started 134th they finished 28th overall.

roady_tony
    Free Member

hoping to catch some highlights of the race somewhere (24h that is)….

retro83
    Free Member
    hols2
    Free Member

Quite an achievement there in being part of the most dominant team ever seen and then sending another formerly dominant team into a death spiral. I do hope Williams can survive this, sad to see them like this.

retro83
    Free Member

hols2

Quite an achievement there in being part of the most dominant team ever seen and then sending another formerly dominant team into a death spiral. I do hope Williams can survive this, sad to see them like this.

I just hope Williams keep him on gardening leave for a long time. Would hate to see them lose their advantage.

I think the problems there go far beyond Paddy. It wouldn’t surprise me at all to learn that Frank was controlling Claire like a puppet behind the scenes. Who could replace her though? Adam Parr maybe? Wonder what he’s up to now Bernie’s gone.

roady_tony
    Free Member

I think we might end up hearing more from Paddy’s side now he’s out of the contract with Williams – i suspect he wanted root and branch changes and/or big financial input from somewhere (most likely they would have to sell part of the team – perhaps even to him) and they said “no” (they being frank williams via claire williams).
    How someone can take a team like Williams and run it into the ground and still be in her post i dont know. (well i do, Frank wants her there and he is a stubborn so and so)

RickDraper
    Free Member

I imagine Lowe has signed a none disclosure agreement about his time at Williams.

hols2
    Free Member

How someone can take a team like Williams and run it into the ground and still be in her post i dont know.

As the boss, she does bear responsibility. However, she’s not an engineer and the fundamental problem is that they produced two horribly slow cars in consecutive years. Paddy Lowe bears responsibility for that. It’s really hard to comprehend how they could have gone so badly wrong on the car design (same applies to McLaren, but at least they seem to have bounced back quite well).

Daffy

Paddy bears no responsibility for the 2018 car. He arrived after it was designed and it was, by all accounts, a dog with no chance of development.

For 2019 he bears some responsibility, but the methods, tools and people that made the 2018 dog were still there…

pondo

The Beyond The Grid podcast interviewed Claire Williams last year – interestingly, she was shoehorned into the job kind of whether she wanted it or not, IIRC. It’s a great series, long interviews with interesting people. 🙂

Bez

Speaking of Beyond The Grid, did anyone manage to count the number of times Jody Scheckter said the phrase “best tasting, healthiest food” in his episode? I confess I turned it off after a while 😀

Pook

Beyond the Grid is fantastic. I started from the top again having dipped into a couple of ones i initially fancied. Interesting how people come across; the Ross Brawn ones were great.

Klunk
    Free Member

the-muffin-man

The Kubica return really isn’t going as well as I’d hoped – another FP session and nearly a second slower than Russell again. I know the car is a dog, but I can’t see another team picking him up for next season now, even with a bucket-full of money. 🙁

retro83
    Free Member

Max in the wall, red flag

edit: session resumed, now bottas is in the wall turn 6

Klunk
    Free Member

looks like a new gearbox….

retro83
    Free Member

Yep, looks like it

Here’s a vid

retro83
    Free Member

And here’s bottas turn 6

eta: better vid

retro83
    Free Member

Vettel spins now. It’s more eventful than the entire french GP already!

the-muffin-man

Looking forward to watching all this when I get home!

And LOL at the teams moaning about the kerbs – if you’ve lost £250k in front wing damage reprimand your driver. Don’t ask for the kerbs to be removed.

retro83
    Free Member

the-muffin-man
    And LOL at the teams moaning about the kerbs – if you’ve lost £250k in front wing damage reprimand your driver. Don’t ask for the kerbs to be removed.

Yep, hard to argue with that!

the-muffin-man

Now Kubica 1.3s slower than Russell this session.

But Russell only .4s behind Stroll! 🙂

Bez

He might be in a slow car but George is proving himself worthy of something more zippy if he continues not to bungle it.

crazy-legs

Fingerboy won’t be happy, seeing Leclerc on pole while he couldn’t even start Q3.

mashr

0.25s on a track that short – he properly spanked them there

eddiebaby
    Free Member

Still waiting on the Hamilton penalty. Should be a fun race tomorrow.

Klunk
    Free Member

3 place grid penalty for lewis

bluearsedfly
    Free Member

Harsh, but he fudged Kimis lap.

Ooffff, does that put him behind K Mag?? Could be interesting.

thegreatape
    Free Member

He might be in a slow car but George is proving himself worthy of something more zippy if he continues not to bungle it.

Nice

dannybgoode

At least Lewis has took the penalty on the chin. Could be a good one tomorrow the way the grid is. Quite looking forward to it 🙂

andytherocketeer

and cos of the order in which penalties are applied, Lewis’s is effectively only a 2 place grid penalty

Viewing 40 posts - 801 through 840 (of 1,694 total)

The topic ‘F1 2019 (spoilers obviously)’ is closed to new replies.