• This topic has 1,693 replies, 146 voices, and was last updated 4 years ago by Pook.
Viewing 14 posts - 1,681 through 1,694 (of 1,694 total)
  • F1 2019 (spoilers obviously)
  • hols2
    Free Member

Can I be like some of the paid commentators and post a winners and losers list?

I nominate Hamilton as the winner because he won the championship and Kubica as the loser because he got his arse handed to him by a rookie teammate.

stumpy01

scotroutes

This should be a 2020 thread now.

Yeah, this one was created a month ago – we should probably start using it…

F1 2020 (spoilers abound)

thepurist

I’d go :

Drivers – Winner – LeClerc because he’s breaking the ‘Ferrari #2 driver’ mould.  Loser – Kubica – sorry mate, we all wanted to see you back in F1 but you were whupped by a rookie.

Teams – Winner – McLaren because of where they’ve come from.  Losers – Williams – because of where they are

Engines – Winner – Honda – Finally fighting at the front.  Loser – Renault – can’t match the development of the other 3 and being abandoned by their only customer

Team bosses – Winner – Toto – leads a winning team without coming across as a dick (looking at you Mr Spice).  Loser – Gunther Steiner.  Your team is falling apart at the f&*^&^^ seams mate but you still signed that &&%^^% &^%*( Grosjean.  Sort your %^%$!£% &^*% out.

Sandwich

I read Mr Palmers list and reasons a couple of times. How is the World Champion not the best driver of the year? Or have I fallen for an elaborate trolling?

shermer75
    Free Member

I’ve never been able to work out if Jolyon Palmer is deliberately contrarian or an idiot

Pook

I err on the side of idiot. Just can’t stand the man.

hols2
    Free Member

How is the World Champion not the best driver of the year?

According to paranoid Hamilton fanbois, Rosberg only won the championship because Mercedes sabotaged his engine because they wanted a German driver to win, so Hamilton should have been awarded the championship anyway. Further evidence is that Merc paid Hamilton several times the salary of Rosberg, so they must have agreed that he was the better driver.

shermer75
    Free Member

I suppose you could be the best driver but not win the championship if you had a slower car, which Verstappen did. I’d still say Hamilton was the driver of the year though because Verstappen is still making the occasional rookie error, like throwing away pole for not lifting off for a yellow flag

Bez

The best driver may not be in the best car. See 2010 for example, when Vettel won despite doing some now-familiar things like driving sideways into his teammate, yet Alonso nearly took the crown in an underperforming Ferrari.

But, as above, I’d agree that in 2019 Hamilton still gets the nod over Verstappen, with Sainz third.

shermer75
    Free Member

Renault doing som ‘restructuring’ (ie firing) after their shitty season:

Renault technical director Nick Chester leaves under-performing team – http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/formula1/50690975

It says he’s been at the Enstone team for 19 years!! Must be quite a shock to have to leave after that length of time

escrs
    Free Member

Looks like im not the only one who thinks Hamilton and Wolff could go to Ferrari in 2021(I predicted this may happen a week ago on page 42)

https://www.planetf1.com/news/jordan-2021-right-time-for-hamilton-and-wolff-to-ferrari/

RickDraper
    Free Member

IMHO Hamilton and Wolff will only go to Ferrari if Merc leave or look like leaving.

Marca (No a great source I know but it seems plausible!) claim Vettel and Riccardo have both been in touch with McLaren about a drive in 2021.

hols2
    Free Member

Looks like im not the only one who thinks Hamilton and Wolff could go to Ferrari in 2021

Vettel and Riccardo have both been in touch with McLaren about a drive in 2021.

It’s called the “silly season” because…

Pook

It’s not called silly season…that’s mid summer 😉

Viewing 14 posts - 1,681 through 1,694 (of 1,694 total)

The topic ‘F1 2019 (spoilers obviously)’ is closed to new replies.