Home Forums Bike Forum Exposure Diablo Mk14 – not turning on – disco mode at back

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Exposure Diablo Mk14 – not turning on – disco mode at back
  • fenderextender
    Free Member

I own an Exposure Diablo Mk14 that has been flawless – up until now. I’ve also mislaid the manual like a twonk.

On tonight’s ride the ****er started playing up. When I went to turn it on with the standard double push it didn’t turn on. Instead the back panel goes into some weird strobing of red/green/red/green and keeps doing it until I hold the button down. It then powers off with a double flash like normal.

Anyone out there know what this means, please? I’ve looked online and can’t find an reference to this particular phenomenon.

To me, it going crazy like this screams ‘error code’.

If anyone knows how to do a factory reset or similar or knows what this bizarre display means, can you please let me know?

Otherwise I’ll need to send it back to Exposure.

Ta.

fenderextender
    Free Member

Sorry, I should also mention. It hasn’t been dropped or smacked off of anything recently and it has been working fine for >6 months since I last had a decent off whilst using it.

benp1

Factory reset often involves fully charging back up, sometimes having run it down totally beforehand. I unplug the cable while it’s powered, rather than turn off the power and remove the cable

Manual is here https://cdn.shopify.com/s/files/1/0856/2760/1194/files/EXPUG4.6_eBrochure.pdf?v=1715870482

scaled
    Free Member

Give em a ring mate, Matt in the workshop couldn’t have been more helpful with me the other week. Ended up sending my 9 year old light back for repair, £30 and a couple of weeks later and it’s good as new

mrhoppy

Manuals are available online I think, but talking to Matt would be a good idea.

fenderextender
    Free Member

Yeah, that’s what I’ve done. I’m just generating the returns stuff now.

Fella on the phone reckons it’s the accelerometers of the TAP potentially going haywire and ripping through the settings at a million miles an hour. Sounds plausible. I don’t use TAP as I don’t like it, but I guess it could still cause an issue.

One thing that concerns me slightly is that I don’t have proof of purchase (bought it from CRC Nov-22). So I guess we’ll see. From what I’ve heard, they are very reasonable/sensible, though.

z1ppy

Your not asking for the repair under warranty are you, so should be fine. My m8 bought mine and handed it down, I’ve sent it back for repair without issue, & again was charged what I thought was a minimal amount

MoreCashThanDash

Yep, I’ve got an early (2014?)  MaxxD that they sorted last year for £20, now my back up light.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.