Viewing 40 posts - 63,081 through 63,120 (of 77,140 total)
  • EU Referendum – are you in or out?
  • avdave2

I’m starting a petition against this petition. I’m now hopelessly hooked on looking at it and hitting refresh – it’s worse than a fixed odds gambling machine!

P-Jay
    Free Member

I wonder if Maybot will simply ignore the petition, the rules mean I has to run till August before the commons have to debate it.

verses

Signed about 10 mins ago but I haven’t received the confirmation email. Does that mean I count in the stats or not?

JasonDS

Check your spam, that’s where my email went.

binners

I wonder if Maybot will simply ignore the petition

Well she’s spent the last 3 years ignoring everything other than what the DUP and the ERG have been telling her, so I doubt she’s about to start listening to anyone else at this point

Cougar

Signed about 10 mins ago but I haven’t received the confirmation email. Does that mean I count in the stats or not?

No, you need to click the link in the email.

ferrals
    Free Member

Has this been psoted yet:

No deal is not the legal default

Not sure how valid it is, but it’s interesting.

Can’t get on that bloody petition to see how many have signed

BigButSlimmerBloke
    Free Member

Mines took about 15 mins – can’t confirm as down again – about 780k when I last looked

nick1962
    Free Member

I wouldn’tget too excited about the petition.There’s already been one about a “2nd Ref with 4 million+ signatures and one with half a milion+ for banning former ISIS members from returning to the UK and don’tforget the Donald Trump visit one.Also large numbers of signatures are found to be fake.

binners

The Guardian are reporting that MP’s are being advised not to travel by foot to and from Parliament in case they are attacked

So thats where this nonsense has got us. I never thought I’d see the day where a British Prime Minister called a press conference to directly incite some kind of mob rule, stir up a toxic form of nationalism and basically undermine democracy

If there is another Jo Cox situation then it will be entirely on her!

verses

Email finally received

longdog
    Free Member

Yeah got mine email too. I’m sure its a waste of time, but if nothing else at least I feel I’ve done some small thing to reassert my feelings.

slowpuncheur
    Free Member

If there is another Jo Cox situation then it will be entirely on her!

I thought exactly the same last night. It may sound sensationalist but the atmosphere in the country is more toxic now than during the ref campaign. How dare that woman behave as she does. I’m now beginning to think a much loved member of the royal family has been kidnapped…

Black Mirror

bigblackshed

Revoke A50 petition now at 779k

colp

“Down for maintenance”

Somebody has had a word

dazh

Why all the excitement about this petition? Have you forgotten that 3 million people marched against the Iraq war and were ignored?

pondo

Just indicative, innit.

dissonance

Why all the excitement about this petition?

Any glimmer of hope I think. Especially when the maybot is trying to incite violence.

slowpuncheur
    Free Member

Looking at it in the context of a reaction to May’s speech, it’s important. She claimed last night to understand the mood of the public. There were 10’s of thousands of signatures before she spoke. There’ll be a million within 24 hours. The Maybot fails to understand anything ‘human’

tomhoward

The petition crashing is now the most read story on the BBC website. Cue lots of angry brexiters claiming the BBC is an EU stooge…

kimbers

dazh

Subscriber
    Why all the excitement about this petition? Have you forgotten that 3 million people marched against the Iraq war and were ignored?

its nice to feel like you can do something, anything, when your country is being run off a cliff to appease some hard-right idiots who happen to be MPs off the back of a 3 year old referendum thats bitterly divided the nation

kimbers

meanwhile

bigblackshed

And up to 813k in the time it took for the confirmation email to arrive.

koogia
    Free Member

ferrals

Not sure how valid it is, but it’s interesting.

Fascinating piece of legal analysis, good find.

Cougar

retro83
    Free Member

Quite remarkable that 4% of some constituencies have signed that petition already

tomhoward

Wonder if the ‘MPs must carry out the will of the people’ mob will pay any attention to Bercows ‘MPs sole duty is to do what they think is right’?

slowoldman

Why all the excitement about this petition?

Well I’m sure Maybot will be “reminded” of it by some European or other today.

RamseyNeil
    Free Member

Can’t the queen step in ? Seriously !

dazh

Great idea. We’ve already got a war of words between the executive and the legislature, I’m sure the crown getting involved will make it much simpler. What they hell would she do anyway? Send in the horseguards?

BigButSlimmerBloke
    Free Member

Linky
    Signatures seem to be added at about 20 per second

binners

Apparently she doesn’t want too

epicyclo

ferrals

I posted it yesterday.

It’s an interesting opinion.

cultsdave
    Free Member

Mate at work just pointed out that TM looks like Cyril Sneer from The Raccoons!
    Cyril Sneer or TM

dantsw13

SNP lady on Daily Politics suggested that Parliament can revoke A50 not the PM – it was her that took the case to ECJ last year.

chewkw
    Free Member

According to the Times reporter on Politics Live “if … next week … “Revoke or No Deal” … things will become tasty”

😀

TiRed

signed, it’s climbing at about 100k/hr at the moment!

edhornby

Surely now is the time for Labour to hand in a no confidence motion ?? last night to use the words ‘against the public’ to describe sitting MPs…

molgrips
    Free Member

It would be fascinating if she did, because I’d bet that most gammon leavers are also royalists.

SNP lady on Daily Politics suggested that Parliament can revoke A50 not the PM

This would be a massive bombshell.

molgrips
    Free Member

Theresa May’s Downing Street speech last night may have seemed baffling to those watching at home but there may be a clue as to its purpose in how the government social media machine has used the footage.

Soon after she finished talking in Downing Street, the official UK government Facebook page began paying to promote a clip of her speaking under the banner “Brexit: Let’s Get On With It”.

The adverts, funded using public money, began running on Facebook last night and have already been seen at least two million times, according to the social network’s new advertising disclosure rules.

These views do not necessarily mean than a Facebook user bothered to watch any of the video – but they do mean that they saw a video in their newsfeed of Theresa May talking alongside the quote “You want this stage of the Brexit process to be over and done with. I agree. I am on your side.”

Although the sums involved are not enormous – up to £10,000 has been spent promoting the video since last night – it is another example of how Facebook ads are being used to put pressure on MPs to back Brexit by directly targeting voters. One mysterious group campaigning for a hard Brexit, which has never revealed its financial backers, has spent almost £500,000 on targeted Facebook ads since last October.

Viewing 40 posts - 63,081 through 63,120 (of 77,140 total)

The topic ‘EU Referendum – are you in or out?’ is closed to new replies.