Viewing 40 posts - 63,041 through 63,080 (of 77,140 total)
  • EU Referendum – are you in or out?
  • ferrals
    Free Member

It crashed as i was half way through signing. Remember when people were turned away from voting in the referendum??

kelvin

Who does Chukka represent?

1) a small group of MPs in a parliament where no party has an overall majority

2) his constituency (I have family there, who voted for him DESPITE standing for Labour, not because, doubt they are the only ones)

mattyfez

Up again now.. 100k signatures in the last hour, I imagine there’s a load of spectators hitting F5 too.

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    mattyfez

… And it’s down again!

zippykona
    kimbers

… And it’s down again!

Is complete mystery

farage friend

Frankenstein
    Free Member

Looks like my uncle…

mrmonkfinger
    Free Member

Its down for me too.

dissonance

Looks like my uncle

Made a quick note not to upset you. Prefer to dodge various poisons in my coffee.

BoardinBob

Pardon my ignorance here, but isn’t there an Alastair Campbell/ Malcolm Tucker behind the scenes in the tory party keeping May in line or has she gone completely rogue of her own accord?

n0b0dy0ftheg0at
    Free Member

https://petition.parliament.uk/petitions/241584 up and running again, at this rate it will hit 1 million easily before today is over.

tjagain

Not really boardingbob. Gone completely rogue

tomhoward

Was up, back down for maintenance…

mikewsmith
    Free Member

Pointless anyway May knows exactly what people want, I mean she has gone out of her way to meet loads of them.

akira

Saw someone complaining on twitter about how ridiculous it was that a good chunk of the population was against the referendum result now. Apparently the will of the people can’t be changed, even if the people will it.

kelvin

Sorry…

Drac

It’s back.

kelvin

The UK?

cultsdave
    Free Member

1 million signatures by lunchtime?

DrJ

May knows exactly what people want, I mean she has gone out of her way to meet loads of them.

Here she is, meeting people. Oh … hang on a mo …

n0b0dy0ftheg0at
    Free Member

Loads of newspaper websites now reporting on this petition, long may it continue to rapidly increase and hopefully blow Maybot’s and other MPs’ minds!

Drac

Meanwhile.

dazh

This could be the point where it all starts unravelling

May’s speech last night was flabbergasting, and poured petrol on the flames of an already raging inferno. It’s bad enough that there is no deal agreed 8 days before the leave date, but for May to go to war against the commons is astonishing. I had hopes that a deal would emerge as a result of the commons majority as that was the common sense logical, and necessary, conclusion. May has made that almost impossible now with her Donald Trump impression.

What next? Barricades in the street? General strike? Miltary coup? Civil War?

Cougar

696,204 signatures now and rising.

HoratioHufnagel
    Free Member

Nigel Farage retweeted this earlier, maybe he’s just giving up now…

mrmonkfinger
    Free Member

She’s going full retard.

696k signatures now.

eat_the_pudding
    Free Member

I’ve just reread the first few pages of this thread for giggles.
    I think I can safely say we are better informed now, but what a cost.

Someday in the far future the start and end of this thread could be the basis of a fairytale for children where the moral is “be careful what you wish for”.

mrmonkfinger
    Free Member

What does that sign say, Peston Pong?

If “another referendum” was removed, I’d bet that 14% would stick on “revoke A50”.

zippykona

Can we vote on farages thing?

mrmonkfinger
    Free Member

The whole thing reminds me of Lou and Andy.

“I want a snake”
    “you can’t have a snake”
    …later…
    “I don’t want it”

kelvin

Pardon my ignorance here, but isn’t there an Alastair Campbell/ Malcolm Tucker behind the scenes in the tory party keeping May in line or has she gone completely rogue of her own accord?

James Slack

kimbers

zippykona

Subscriber
    Can we vote on farages thing?

its closed, only ran for an hour

after the show he sent it out to his followers and it was at 55% No deal, but a concerted fbpe effort saw it swing the other way, I was tweeting it to people as they signed the revoke A50 petition & posted on twitter

periclesdunderhead
    Free Member

I dunno, I almost feel sorry for her.

I might be inclined to that, if the shit she finds herself and the UK in, were not entirely of her own making.

Don’t let the door hit you on the way out, luv.

perchypanther
    Free Member

What does that sign say, Peston Pong?

Peston Poontang

flyingmonkeycorps

There’s a twitter bot to follow tweeting the petition (there’s suggestion that folk watching the numbers go up are helping to crash the site).

[mod edit: link removed due to excessively sweary content. Twitter account is ‘UltraButt’]

mariner
    Free Member

From https://www.politico.eu/newsletter/london-playbook/politico-london-playbook-beggars-cant-be-choosers-the-pm-vs-parliament-new-zealand-gun-ban/

So what is she up to? The assumption is that May hopes the public will pile pressure on their local MPs over the next few days to back her deal next week. But could there be another reason the PM wants to curry favour with the voters? “Here’s a thought, silly really, but maybe worth noting, for all those people wondering why May chose to appeal to the public and blame MPs tonight,” the Indy’s Political Editor Joe Watts tweeted late last night. “Wednesday next is the last day she can dissolve parliament if she wants a general election to take place on May 2, with the locals.” She wouldn’t … would she?

tomhoward

I might be inclined to that, if the shit she finds herself and the UK in, were not entirely of her own making.

Remind me, who was it that triggered Article 50, with no ****ing clue what to do afterwards?

Cougar

711,000 now and going up about 300 every time it auto-refreshes. Jeez.

… 713,000 in the time it took me to write this.

Klunk
    Free Member

the petition site crashing has given it a far higher exposure! tin foil hat time 😉

P-Jay
    Free Member

I dunno, I almost feel sorry for her.

I wouldn’t want her job that’s for sure. She’s probably deluded if she doesn’t know she was put in place to take all the blows for this shitstorm for a couple of years and then be sacrificed for a more electable leader.

Can you imagine the state she’d be in with an opposition to deal with too?!

Viewing 40 posts - 63,041 through 63,080 (of 77,140 total)

The topic ‘EU Referendum – are you in or out?’ is closed to new replies.