Viewing 40 posts - 55,041 through 55,080 (of 77,140 total)
  • EU Referendum – are you in or out?
  • kimbers

By just cancelling the vote, it’s kind of that simple, she does not need to present a bill to parliament if she doesn’t want to.

Peston saying MPs are planning to reject May’s motion to cancel the vote..

mickmcd
    Free Member

Allegedly

There you go…. Laughing

mikewsmith
    Free Member

No, it isn’t. Any chance of people making an effort to get informed about how our democracy actually functions?

OK so who decides what bills go to the house and when? Who can decide not to put it up for a vote?

kelvin

A50 statement seems to be “we signed up to it before the ecj ruling so the ruling doesn’t apply to us”. Yeah right.

Really? I can’t tell if that’s a joke…

ECJ rules that it is the nation state’s government’s power as to when/if to Leave the EU…

…UK government say that you can’t force that power/responsibility onto us.

Weird world.

Take back control.

Sovereignty.

igm

Molgrips – one word. Cyclocross.

bikebouy
    Free Member

So, let me get this right (as I’ve been away from this thread for a little while)

A50 can now be cancelled without the agreement of the other 27 nations.

May has half of a nothing “plan”

So, let’s cancel Brexit and get on with our lives whilst watching the brexiteers have exploding heads .

Certainly save on the NHS budget.

Take back the EU 👍

Stop being racists 👍

DrJ

Surely she is just trying to run down the clock so much that other “soft Brexit” options become impracticable and there is a choice only between her deal and no deal?

thepurist

Really? I can’t tell if that’s a joke…

Saw it reported on a news site from a goverment source but can’t track it down again. So either my Google fu is weak, it was removed from the page or I imagined the last 2 years and it was all a bad dream. I’m hoping for #3.

tjagain
    richmtb

Sturgeon hasn’t missed and hit the wall there that’s for sure

bikebouy
    Free Member

No truer word written IMO.

Except she leaves out England in that statement, i’ll forgive her that because the English treat the Scottish with little respect as it is.

cultsdave
    Free Member

Got a link to what Sturgeon said, missed it.

molgrips
    Free Member

Molgrips – one word. Cyclocross.

Like I said….

kimbers

tjagain

cultsdave – I posted the text above.

mrwhyte
    Free Member

Cannot seem to embed a video, so here is the link. Saw it this morning and it made me chuckle!

https://www.facebook.com/JolyonRubinstein1/videos/2294126790830328/UzpfSTUxMTEwMTE2NjoxMDE1NjAwMTUyNjk5NjE2Nw/

molgrips
    Free Member

Nicola and Jez can’t topple the government on their own.

tjagain

PM told Cabinet Tories would suffer a ‘notable’ loss if they pressed ahead with vote on her deal.

She said ‘risks are too great’ and she is going back to Brussels to secure ‘legally-binding assurance’ we won’t be trapped in backstop indefinitely

From the telegraph

Really? really? REALLY?
    How deluded is she? The NI backstop has to be indefinite and has to not be unilaterally ended by the UK or its pointless and has no value.

P-Jay
    Free Member

So, let me get this right (as I’ve been away from this thread for a little while)

A50 can now be cancelled without the agreement of the other 27 nations.

May has half of a nothing “plan”

So, let’s cancel Brexit and get on with our lives whilst watching the brexiteers have exploding heads .

Certainly save on the NHS budget.

Take back the EU 👍

Stop being racists 👍

I, like you, don’t spend too much time on this thread, it’s bad for my heart.

It would be nice wouldn’t it?

Every poll I’ve seen, either in my echo chamber Twitter feed, or on the News says that the Public are fed up with it.

Scores of Leave voters are making public statements in their own little ways to say they feel cheated by Vote Leave and would vote to stay now, given the chance.

Every promise they made has proven to be false.

Not a single Brexiteer is brave enough to say “Okay, this is what will really happen if we leave, no, let’s let the public decide.”

The Tories have imploded, The hardcore Brexiteers, whilst not large enough in number to actually force anything, are running around like saboteurs setting fire to everything and anything they can to try to force one of them into No 10 somehow. This wouldn’t usually be a problem in such a time of national crisis, if it wasn’t for the fact that the opposition is lead by a spineless, snide prick who would will happily **** us all over, to get there himself.

The only ‘party’ that’s been damaged more by this than the Tories is UKIP, who, for all intents and purposes don’t exist any more, the very ‘real’ reason why we got in this mess in the first place has gone, yet here we are.

Frankly I’d be delighted more than surprised if the Queen sends the lot of them to the tower until sense prevails.

BoardinBob

May heading to Brussels to try and renegotiate the Irish backstop

A) if there was a better alternative then surely that would’ve been included in the deal already

B) I hope the EU tell her to **** off

cchris2lou

So it is party before country.

mikewsmith
    Free Member

Has it ever been anything else, it’s just becoming more obvious to everyone now

molgrips
    Free Member

She said ‘risks are too great’

No shit!

mikewsmith
    Free Member
    molgrips
    Free Member

I was about to post that.

If May goes cap in hand to Brussels and they tell her to do one, she’s going to look even worse, she’s absolutely out of options bar one…

kerley
    Free Member

To the Tories keeping Labour out is putting the country first as they Labour just wouldn’t do things so well as they do

binners

Theres never been any negotiation, and there certainly won’t be one now. The EU held all the cards right from day one.

It was surely obvious to anyone with anything between their ears that any ‘deal’ would involve the EU deciding what it wanted then putting it in front of us to sign, with the words “there you go. Take it or ****in’ leave it!”

Unfortunately it looks like a no deal Brexit just became a very real possibility. The idea that self-serving morons like Rees-Mogg, IDS, John Redwood, Bill Cash, Boris ****ing Johnson and their ilk could get what they’ve always wanted absolutely terrifies me!

DrJ

Has it ever been anything else, it’s just becoming more obvious to everyone now

Well, sometimes it’s “career before country”, so compared to, say Boris Johnson, “party before country” is relatively principled.

Klunk
    Free Member

the omnishambles rumbles on

Drac

I wonder if this was on the plan on someone’s desk that no one else could see.

jam-bo

I wonder if this was on the plan on someone’s desk that no one else could see.

where is THM?

BoardinBob

May is basically a condemned prisoner, chewing her final meal as slowly as possible so she can delay the inevitable as long as possible

Drac

He’s not here anynore. Not sure why you brought him up.

DrJ

May is basically a condemned prisoner, chewing her final meal as slowly as possible so she can delay the inevitable as long as possible

And she resembles that poor bugger who saved his last dessert “for later”

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

He’s not here anynore. Not sure why you brought him up.

To be fair to jam bo, Walter did regularly allude to documents to which he was privy but normal people didn’t have access.

scotroutes

Holy shit, Corbyn is effing useless. He can’t even read his own statement without making a hash of it.

thepurist

Bercow signalling the “oh yes we will” after May’s “oh no we won’t” – what a pantomime!

fasthaggis

Spot on Binners,although you left out one slimy wee toad.
    The Gove,oozing around the sidelines,waiting,hoping beyond hope.

theotherjonv

How many outright ‘lies’ can she tell before she’s held to account.

we won’t hold a new election

– let’s have an election

there’s no chance of pulling this vote

– we’re delaying the vote

we will not revoke A50

– we’re waiting…….

The statement from the EC above is crystal clear, but I hope she goes there and gets told to **** off back home again

Drac

To be fair to jam bo, Walter did regularly allude to documents to which he was privy but normal people didn’t have access.

What an utter coincidence.

Viewing 40 posts - 55,041 through 55,080 (of 77,140 total)

The topic ‘EU Referendum – are you in or out?’ is closed to new replies.