Viewing 40 posts - 51,961 through 52,000 (of 77,140 total)
  • EU Referendum – are you in or out?
  • zippykona

The WTO will put my prices up by 30%.

God knows what else will go up.

Unelected foreign beureaucrats telling a british citizen that he has to put his prices up.

Yeah thats really taking back control you stupid **** pig shit thick ****.

cornholio98
    Free Member

WTO would be interesting… imagine when New Zealand, the US or perhaps Brazil veto subsidies for British farmers to help boost sales of their meat. Or India says no to our steel products unless we remove visa requirements… you are entering a negotiation where you are not among People with a mostly shared value system and we can’t even execute that properly.

Flaperon

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-45882360/#comp-comments-button

Reading the comments on that story I’m rapidly coming to the conclusion that as a country we’re too stupid to be allowed to remain in the EU.

“Treason May” …

“Wrap up warm this weekend take your brollies, YOU LOST! LOSERS March.”…

“Stand-up those degenerates and perverts among us. As you were remainers.” …

“Remoaners why deny you want to destroy democracy, at least one or two have had the courage to admit this is the real agenda. E<span style=”font-size: 0.8rem;”>litist hypocrites funded by billionaires hiding their true agenda behind doublespeak and a biased class interest liberal media.”</span>

” Sack Hammond immediately. Even the ludicrous remain buffoons in the House of Lords have said we have no legal obligation to pay the eu gangsters anything and nor shall we if we leave with no deal.”

jimster01

Has there ever been an interview on LBC between James O’Brien and Jacob Cream Cracker?

I know the latter does appear on there but curious if he or Barage has ever gone face to face with O’Brien

thepurist

Former UKIP leader Nigel Farage said: “Mrs May’s acceptance of an extension to the transition period will take us to the next general election which may mean we never leave at all.”

Shows just how thin a margin Mr Farage knows they are operating on.  If a general election result means that we don’t leave then wouldn’t that then be ‘democracy’ and ‘the will of the people’?   Of course that’s going to worry UKIP, but as those are two of the main pillars of the Brexiteer’s argument surely there can’t be any argument.

TurnerGuy
    Free Member

I know the latter does appear on there but curious if he or Barage has ever gone face to face with O’Brien

Farage might have problems but I don’t think JRM will have problems and it might actually be an interesting interview.

An old one :

Vote Leave's Jacob Rees-Mogg speaks live to James O'Brien

Vote Leave's Jacob Rees-Mogg speaks live to James O'Brien

Posted by LBC on Monday, June 13, 2016

slowoldman

You know how when you cook a gammon in boiling water it froths…..?

kimbers

JRM would struggle.

OBrien obviously has good researchers, Mogg relys on using his class, exagerating his posh accent, that triggers the forelock tuggers into unquestioningly believing what he says.

His comments on QT often get facchecked & demolished on Twitter, he regularly retweets fakenews about wto tarifs & trade. He tries to use historical references that often contradict his arguments- he doesn’t have Johnson’s depth of knowledge & recall, even tho he pretends he does.

His popularity has crashed lately as people become aware of his BS

GrahamS

If a general election result means that we don’t leave then wouldn’t that then be ‘democracy’ and ‘the will of the people’?

Apparently the best way to prevent Remainers “destroying democracy” is to stop voting on stuff.

binners

From looking at the news, the fact that all the right wing loons are completely losing their shit and screaming about Brexit Betrayal, can only be a good thing, surely?

I love the fact that they’ve resurrected the ‘paint it down the side of a bus’ narrative, while also discovering their previously dormant social consciences. They’ve now said that any additional money paid to Brussels (during any extended transition period)  should be spent alleviating the hardship of benefits claimants about to get hammered by Universal Credit instead?

Because the likes of IDS, Boris and Rees Mogg have always been famously concerned about the plight of the poor, haven’t they?

PrinceJohn

Because the likes of IDS, Boris and Rees Mogg have always been famously concerned about the plight of the poor, haven’t they?

Eventually when they realise they have milked them for all they are worth…

Klunk
    Free Member

more red lines being crossed 🙂

Klunk
    Free Member

the omnishambles rumbles on

theotherjonv

altogether now

‘Strong and Stable’

‘Strong and Stable’

‘Strong and Stable’

‘Strong and Stable’

Klunk
    Free Member

bigrich

respect the result of the referendum, and ignore how democracy is supposed to work.

Leku
    Free Member

or

If a backstop is such a good idea to sort the border issue why do we not go for a backstop around the entire Europe then Irish Republic can be part of it too

Great idea. Let’s just stay in until someone can come up with a plan with works.

binners

I’ll say one thing for May. She’s like a sponge for abuse. Its all water off a ducks back

If I’d received a letter of demands from the likes of David Davies and Boris Johnson – 2 people who totally and abjectly failed in their jobs associated with the Brexit process, before resigning so they could throw eggs from the sidelines – I’d be convening a press conference specifically to deliver an expletive-laden tirade telling them exactly how far they could **** right off with their ‘demands’!

Either that or having a quiet word with the security forces to se if they could be dealt with in the same way the Saudi’s just dealt with that journalist?

kimbers

Irish Border issue being clarified here

binners
    MrWoppit
    Free Member

“Why would the PM appear to commit near political suicide by flaunting a transition extension? Because, I’m told, she thinks it may be the only way to re-engage Barnier. Appears No10 are now v worried that EU27 are close to pulling the plug entirely, and ready to go for no deal.”

From Twitter: Tom Newton Dunn, The Sun. 22 minutes ago…

binners

Whats becoming increasingly obvious is that Danny Dyer was right.

disco_stu
    Free Member

WTO would be interesting… imagine when New Zealand, the US or perhaps Brazil veto subsidies for British farmers to help boost sales of their meat. Or India says no to our steel products unless we remove visa requirements… you are entering a negotiation where you are not among People with a mostly shared value system and we can’t even execute that properly.

Of course that depends on us being able to join WTO.

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2018-10-17/how-tiny-moldova-s-brexit-grudge-could-cost-u-k-1-7-trillion

“Why the hold-up? Corina Cojocaru, Moldova’s economic counselor to the WTO, and her team were denied entry to the U.K. last year when they wanted to discuss their future relationship with Britain after it leaves the European Union.”

AD

I’d love to know how many of the quitlings believe moggsters new found commitment to the poor.

That would truly be a test of intelligence 🙂

mrmo
    Free Member

“Why would the PM appear to commit near political suicide by flaunting a transition extension? Because, I’m told, she thinks it may be the only way to re-engage Barnier. Appears No10 are now v worried that EU27 are close to pulling the plug entirely, and ready to go for no deal.”

But i thought there was nothing to fear, they need us more than we need them etc.

molgrips
    Free Member

I’d be convening a press conference specifically to deliver an expletive-laden tirade

Genius. We need politicians who would do this.

mickmcd
    Free Member

Holy shit….is there still a way to get sent to Guantanamo

How do I sign up

mickmcd
    Free Member

The Scottish Government says a case of BSE or ‘mad cow disease’ has been confirmed on a farm in Aberdeenshire

Your aware there’s been a case running round in Westminster for two years…..right?

GrahamS

Just been reading in The Metro (aka “Mail-lite”) that those nasty Frenchies are planning on “punishing” the UK, in the event of No Deal, by demanding visas from holidaymakers and sending UK nationals back home.

Sigh.

I thought a tightening of borders and immigration was something that was the “will of the people” – or do they expect it to only apply in one direction?

PrinceJohn

I thought a tightening of borders and immigration was something that was the “will of the people” – or do they expect it to only apply in one direction?

This is the bit I really don’t understand about this whole shambles. All the people who voted to leave so we could stop free movement, moaning that their free movement is stopping… yes, because that’s what you voted for?!

A caller on Jame O Brien’s show –

We are being punished by the EU because they are making us abide by the same rules as everyone else, and we are not the same as everyone else, we are exceptional

The mind really does boggle.

BaronVonP7
    Free Member

Not quite beer and sandwiches but the last line of this Reuters article was proper funny. Linky

kimbers

Im worried about Maybot, she may be stuck in a logic loop,

from her press statement….

“What has now emerged is the idea that an option to extend the implementation period could be a further solution to this issue of the backstop in Northern Ireland… We are not standing here proposing an extension to the implementation period”

its schrodingers brexit

mikewsmith
    Free Member

I’ll say one thing for May. She’s like a sponge for abuse. Its all water off a ducks back

Sums May up, tries to soak it up and it runs off ,basically she is even crap at being crap.

emsz
    Free Member

One of our neighbours is full on anti EU bonkers, You should see his house, covered in EU flags with stop signs plastered across them, and UKIP flags. He was handing some leaflet in the village at the weekend, and he tried to give one to Sara (gf), she has  a mate trying to do a phd in some maths bollocks, who has had a research place application turned down by a German Uni, saying that thy’re turning down all UK applications at the minute, and to reapply when the situation calmed down and everyone knows what going on.

Anyway, gf can get a bit “fighty” she asked one old perv a few years ago if he wanted fisting, and it all kicked off on the green. there was a bit of effing and jeffing haha We’re getting started at quite a lot by the WI brigade now…which is pretty funny, if it wasn’t all a bit bloody sad.

kimbers

Emsz

Get some bollox to brexit stickers over the place

https://www.euflagmafia.com

rone

If you want a snapshot of where we are from the view of the Great British public then turn on LBC with Farage in the evening.

One Brexit bulldog wanted to bring back hanging for Treason – relating to what I haven’t got a clue.

However Farage still called the remainers fanatics!

Very depressing.

binners

I don’t doubt for a second that if there were a referendum on that then they’d be stringing people up before lunchtime tomorrow

cchris2lou

no , they could not agree on the lenght, color , material , name …etc of the ropes !

cloudnine
    Free Member
    Cougar

One Brexit bulldog wanted to bring back hanging for Treason – relating to what I haven’t got a clue.

That’s for the remainers.  Opposing brexit is treason, apparently.

Viewing 40 posts - 51,961 through 52,000 (of 77,140 total)

The topic ‘EU Referendum – are you in or out?’ is closed to new replies.