Viewing 40 posts - 45,721 through 45,760 (of 77,140 total)
  • EU Referendum – are you in or out?
  • fifo
    Free Member

*applauds*

BruceWee

It’s not often I enjoy seeing Boris looking like a smug ****.  In fact, it’s the first time.

Not sure how getting the SNP to walk out, especially after yesterdays ‘debate’, is going to play in Scotland.  They should just come right out and tell us to sit down, shut up, and swallow what we’re given.

tjagain

U suspect further polarising the debate in Scotland and increased support for staying in the EU

Klunk
    Free Member

Fwiw the Adnams one is no where near as nice as erdinger blue,

blimey that was a quick try it’s only been out for 12 days

Northwind

“The only thing the Maybot is interested in is the survival of the Tory party”

TBH I don’t think she gives a shit about the party. She’ll give anything to stay PM for one more day but the longer she stays and the worse this gets the longer the more riven they’ll be, the more likely the fruitbats are to take over and the longer they’ll be in opposition.

kimbers

i must have been talking about the adnams solestar, which is too sweet for my refined palate

as for the SNP, they will fire up their fans , not so sure about the undecideds, & it suits them well to make the tories look uncaring

zippykona

One of our friends parents are typical gammons.

Even though they own a place in Greece they are total kippers.

Their favourite son, after many years has met a nice lady and they are in the throes of wedding planning and house hunting .

Mum and dad couldn’t be happier.

However he works at Jaguar.

She might not be buying a hat just yet.

codybrennan
    Free Member

SNP have had 1000 new members sign up this afternoon.

Klunk
    Free Member

we’ve been shut out of the Galileo project

A majority of member states have turned against the UK and voted in favour of pushing forward on the next round of contracts for the £8bn project, despite requests for a delay to allow negotiations over British involvement to progress. UK firms are being blocked from bidding for contracts.

fifo
    Free Member

Well, that’s a surprise to no one with half a brain cell.

molgrips
    Free Member

So there were still a few Brexiters in Scotland. How many of them could swing the result for the whole UK?

scotroutes

So there were still a few Brexiters in Scotland. How many of them could swing the result for the whole UK?

Total Leave votes in Scotland – just over 1m.

Leave majority – almost 1.3m.

Pigface
    Free Member

Bloody hell Corbyn is useless, May is there for the taking, to use a boxing analogy she is staggering around the ring, gum shield out and he still can’t land a telling blow.

oldnpastit

I wonder if there’s money to be earned for brits happy to take a job with a UK company relocating to the EU? Ideally being paid to live somewhere near the Alps?

dudeofdoom

Galileo ….

Who needs that crap when we launch our rival Gammoneo.

hmm the vote going against us how dare they…..

Welcome to the new world.

mrmo
    Free Member

I wonder if there’s money to be earned for brits happy to take a job with a UK company relocating to the EU? Ideally being paid to live somewhere near the Alps?

Freedom of movement, still no clarity on residence rights after next march. Ignore the transition that isn’t agreed yet.

Wonder at what point the UK faces the possibility of a military coup? Starting to believe that anything is now possible and the UK may be needing UN peacekeepers in the near future to restore order.

kimbers

Who needs that crap when we launch our rival Gammoneo

Lol

<div class=”bbp-reply-author”>oldnpastit
    <div class=”bbp-author-role”>
    <div class=””>Member</div>
    </div>
    </div>

<div class=”bbp-reply-content”>

I wonder if there’s money to be earned for brits happy to take a job with a UK company relocating to the EU? Ideally being paid to live <span style=”font-size: 0.8rem;”>Somewhere near the Alps?</span>

Some really good jobs going at the EMA, would mean moving family to Holland when it leaves, which is lacking in elevation, but still very good jobs, I’m really considering it.

</div>

mikewsmith
    Free Member

Time for the political Sat Nav Jokes?

Corbyn – Turn Left Turn Left Turn Left

May – U Turn where possible

Borris – Wiffle Waffle YEAH!

Farage – I’ve no idea where you are but it’s their fault

kimbers

Kier Starmer on David Davis “So far this year he has threatened to resign more times than he has met Michel Barnier.”

mattyfez

“Parliament will have a meaningful vote and to be clear there will be no hard Brexit, Anna Soubry says”

“Full details of the amendment to be tabled to the EU Withdrawal Bill will be published later, ahead of a 5pm deadline for debating it in the House of Lords on Monday.”

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/politics/brexit-latest-updates-mp-no-deal-block-theresa-may-rebel-tory-eu-withdrawal-a8398961.html

igm

If that’s true, did Brexit just die in all meaningful ways?

cornholio98
    Free Member

The MPs in Westminster can have as many votes as they want if there is no credible plan and the negotiations fail then hard Brexit will be the default.

this is not something that is just a UK choice there are 27 other players and at the moment we have no plans, no direction and no hope…

BruceWee

Seems to me the UK is going to end up accepting the four freedoms whilst technically being out of the EU.  And most likely paying 90% of current contributions but without any say in making the rules.

Klunk
    Free Member

^^^ if that’s what may goes for there will be a coup in the tory party probably led by JRM

piemonster

Seems to be about the sum of it!

Still, blue passports

BruceWee

May won’t go for it but, as far as I understand it, if the government can’t sort out a deal then parliament steps in and I think that’s the most likely deal they’ll end up with.

Of course, you’d hope someone would say, ‘Maybe this is so stupid we should have another referendum just to make sure the country is still populated by idiots?’

tjagain

I think if May cannot get a deal thru the most likely result is the government collapses and there will be a newelection.  What happens then?  Who knows.  Hopefully a bit of sanity.

igm

And it’s all fallen apart again.

Meanwhile back in the Lords…

Remember TJ that the government can falter but that the right of parliament to reject the deal and instruct any new government to ask for more time or retract A50 would still be there – if the amendment passes (and I believe the Lords have reintroduced it). How the rest of the EU would react is another (very interesting) question.

tjagain

To those saying Corbyn is useless on this – he is facing the same issues in some ways as May – his party is divided badly and attempts to hold it together are failing.  He whipped “abstain” on one amendment, and got a a rebellion both ways with some rebelling to vote yes and some no.  So no position he takes can unite the party and any movement away fromn a middle ground wil create more rebels on the side he moves away from

Klunk
    Free Member

May won’t go for it but, as far as I understand it, if the government can’t sort out a deal then parliament steps in and I think that’s the most likely deal they’ll end up with.

I’m  suggesting there will be a coup if May lets this be the no deal recourse

kelvin

What could a coup achieve? What would be the point? Do you think either party could give control to people proposing an actual deal/plan of any kind? It seems you can only lead by not leading at the moment.

mattyfez

And who in thier right mind would want to take on the responsibility of this groundhog style repeating shitstorm..

I don’t think there will be any leadership challengers just yet…

Klunk
    Free Member

And who in thier right mind would want to take on the responsibility of this groundhog style repeating shitstorm..

the no deal brexit wing of the tory party are anything but rational it’s all ideology and dogma with them. I don’t think think they will be sucessful btw

Klunk
    Free Member

seems mute now, to hold off a rebellion from the brexit wing she’s re alienated the remainers

“a house divided against itself cannot stand” comes to mind for some reason 🙂

BruceWee

Could Grieve be lining up a leadership bid?  I mean, we’re all just assuming that if May goes one of the lunatics will get the job.

igm

Does anyone believe the commons would support no deal?

Does anyone believe the executive would be stupid enough to go for it without explicit commons support?

Then the rEU should simply refuse to negotiate in the full knowledge that either they will get everything they want or the UK will try to retract A50.

Brexit is lost either way.

And we should remember in this the Brexies who have tried to trash the UK. They are to blame and should be made to pay.

BoardinBob

I’m  suggesting there will be a coup if May lets this be the no deal recourse

Even if there’s a Tory coup, it’s still a party that’s got plenty of remainer MPs

TurnerGuy
    Free Member

So no position he takes can unite the party and any movement away fromn a middle ground wil create more rebels on the side he moves away from

he’s not in the middle ground, he’s hard brexit but keeping as quiet as he can about it in the hope that as few people notice as possibe, but as time goes on everyone is starting to see his position, even though it was obvious from the start. His popularity is failing as people see how duplicitous he is.

He just says the same rubbish about keeping all the benefits of the customs union apart from the bits he doesn’t want, like free movement, as the tories said originally but not saying how he would magically be more successful in his negotiations than this lot, where it is likely that he would be worse.

kerley
    Free Member

he doesn’t need to say anything – he is not in government screwing it all up.  Very unlikely he would do worse, you have seen the progress so far haven’t you? (take your blinkers off and have a look)

Viewing 40 posts - 45,721 through 45,760 (of 77,140 total)

The topic ‘EU Referendum – are you in or out?’ is closed to new replies.