EU Referendum – are you in or out?

• This topic has 69,711 replies, 861 voices, and was last updated 6 hours ago by  kelvin.
Viewing 40 posts - 45,761 through 45,800 (of 69,712 total)
  • EU Referendum – are you in or out?
  • Premier Icon molgrips
    Subscriber

he’s not in the middle ground, he’s hard brexit but keeping as quiet as he can about it in the hope that as few people notice as possibe, but as time goes on everyone is starting to see his position, even though it was obvious from the start. His popularity is failing as people see how duplicitous he is.

See, this is why you cannot win as a politican.  He’s said he’s prepared to put his own ideas aside and work towards consensus.  Which is pretty damn reasonable in my view.  And yet you call it duplicity.

TurnerGuy

Very unlikely he would do worse, you have seen the progress so far haven’t you? (take your blinkers off and have a look)

in your opinion, not in mine.

Progress so far is in such a mess basically because of all the remainers trying to put obstacles in the way.

The only ways to force any sort of decent deal was to play hardball, we’ve seen what happens when people try to normally negotiate and we’ve seen what happened to Greece.

Remaining in the EEA or customs union is in no way leaving the EU, which is what people voted for, but the remainers refuse to accept the plainly obvious meaning of the referendum and the result. If we are going to be screwed over by the end result, it will be the half-wit remainers fault.

cchris2lou

so no infighting in the government and Tory party ?

thecaptain

^ and that is why the country is completely ****. Too many utterly delusional fantasists prepared to vote for idiocy.

TurnerGuy

See, this is why you cannot win as a politican.  He’s said he’s prepared to put his own ideas aside and work towards consensus.  Which is pretty damn reasonable in my view.  And yet you call it duplicity.

but do you beleive him based on his track record of misleading statements – I certainly don’t and more and more people are noticing and hence labours support is dropping, which is quite an acheivement in these times.

https://www.politicshome.com/news/uk/politics/opinion-polls/news/95799/tories-take-seven-point-poll-lead-over-labour-after-boost

TurnerGuy

^ and that is why the country is completely ****. Too many utterly delusional fantasists prepared to vote for idiocy.

take a look in the mirror…

Ask anyone who negotiates trade deals in business…

oldmanmtb

Turner guy we all have the right to fight for what we believe in, the reason that Mrs May is struggling to deliver the will of the people actually has more to do with business, civil service etc going hang on this is not a good thing for jobs/prosperity unless you believe Rees Mogg Tim “Wetherspoon” and a whole raft of people who have hugely benefited from the EU and now need a low regulation country to make more cash.

Don’t look at remainers look at the sheer desperation and greed that drives the above people pushing for Brexit- they smell profit…

If you are sat in the same financial position as them then I understand your concerns…

oldmanmtb

You may struggle to find someone who negotiates trade deals- hens teeth etc

Premier Icon igm
    Subscriber

Progress so far is in such a mess basically because of all the remainers trying to put obstacles in the way.

Nope. This mess is 100% down to the Brexies. They set out to trash our country for ideological reasons bordering on religious fanaticism and what a surprise – they’re making a hash of it.

All the Brexies were ever good at was moaning and criticising – not so good at doing anything constructive.

And as an interesting aside,  it bizarrely turns out remainers are more likely even now to take an optimistic view of Britain’s future than Brexies.

Premier Icon kelvin
    Subscriber

Ahh… the “it would have been all okay, if it wasn’t for those of you who warned it wouldn’t be okay” line. One of my favourites.

So, which obstacles are you referring to? There are many, of course, but I’d be interested to know which ones you think have been constructed by “remainers”.

Premier Icon ransos
    Subscriber

No it’s because your mob couldn’t organize a piss up in a brewery.

Remaining in the EEA or customs union is in no way leaving the EU, which is what people voted for, but the remainers refuse to accept the plainly obvious meaning of the referendum and the result.

Do leave off: the average voter hadn’t even heard of the customs union before the vote.

Premier Icon jam bo
    Subscriber

If we are going to be screwed over by the end result, it will be the half-wit remainers fault.

You shit the bed. Don’t try blaming someone else..

Premier Icon Northwind
    Subscriber

“Remaining in the EEA or customs union is in no way leaving the EU, which is what people voted for, but the remainers refuse to accept the plainly obvious meaning of the referendum and the result”

What a load of tripe. It’s you that’s refusing to accept the meaning of the referendum and the result, you brass necked hypocrite.

Actually, why not tack on some more made up nonsense onto the referendum. “It wasn’t just a vote to leave the EU, despite that being the only question, it was a vote to leave the EU, the EEA, the Customs Union, and a new bike for Northwind”. Since we’re making it up I can’t see why only hard brexiteers are allowed to make things up. I mean, obviously that’s the precedent but it’s about time we had a go.

tjagain

The obstacles are there.  NO one put them there – they just are.  Such little things as the GFA, The EU constitution and laws / rules.  International treaties which we signed up to.  That sort of obstacle.

athgray

A brewery you say!! Brexiteers had better get started with their hops, malt, sugar and yeast, as I like a beer and I have no wish to drink the muck they make in such far flung places as Belgium and Germany.

Apparently they make wine in Australia and South Africa, and Wetherspoons wishes to introduce us to them. Has anyone tried wine from these continents and are they better than the vinegar that passes as wine from France, Spain and Italy?

Brilliant turnerguy, as predicted on here way back you and your head banger mates are blaming us now what we told you would happen is happening.

Have a read back, it was all predicted. Absolutely ace. For what it’s worth i’m doing exactly what I said I would do which was sit back and watch you lot **** it up. Lol.

Premier Icon zippykona
    Subscriber

Apparently us remainers are putting our wallets before freedom.

They nutters are getting all their excuses ready.

It is an interesting narrative isn’t it? Blaming the messenger for pointing out reality. It is one I can see gaining traction amongst the delusional nut jobs who had no real idea about how Brexit would work when they voted for it. Perhaps that is what you get if you base your campaign on an emotional fiction in the first place and continually denigrate and disregard the facts.

PJM1974

If we are going to be screwed over by the end result, it will be the half-wit remainers fault.

In other news, those who won a divisive referendum with a slim margin see fit to demand that the rest of us simply get on and go along with it, notwithstanding the fact that the Leave camp had no cocking idea what it actually wanted, had no plan as to how to get there, bet the farm on the EU rolling over and doing our bidding and had not considered how difficult it might be to untangle ourselves from forty five years of shared supranational legislation.

I guess that I’d better accept my portion of the blame for these events, then.

I spoke with a Leave voter on the 24th of June who joyously proclaimed that there would be “no more bloody commissioners from bloody Bombay telling us all what to do” just as my employer launched a restructuring exercise to mitigate a loss of revenue from our EU partners.

We’re completely screwed, aren’t we?

Premier Icon kelvin
    Subscriber

We’ll get through. No one will be thanking key Brexit campaigners though, as they disappear to other countries.

oldnpastit

We’re completely screwed, aren’t we?

Yes. Realistically the only way out now is partition.

bigrich

“no more bloody commissioners from bloody Bombay telling us all what to do”

Politics, Populist, population, populus, popularis, idiots.

PJM1974

That’s exactly the point.  The Leavers won the vote but have lost every single thing since.

It won’t affect them of course.  Lord Lawson will drift into his dotage in France, Arron Banks will decide that politics isn’t for him and will follow his cash via Gibraltar, Tinkerbell Cocksnott will continue being a jobbing journalist at large, Farage will try his hand at presenting news shows on Fox or RT, Jacob Rees-Mogg and Priti Patel will continue to campaign hard for a return to 1953 and it’s a safe bet that Boris, Liam, David and Michael will make a mint despite their congenital incompetence.

Premier Icon kimbers
    Subscriber

TG wins the internet with this comment

Coz it’s definitely the fault of treasonous remainers & not the bullshitting Brexiiteers or the gammony fools that voted for brexit without checking to see if there was a plan for it first 😂😂😂

fifo

Apparently they make wine in Australia and South Africa, and Wetherspoons wishes to introduce us to them. Has anyone tried wine from these continents and are they better than the vinegar that passes as wine from France, Spain and Italy?

That depends entirely upon whether you judge wines from SA and Oz on the basis of the crap wine they export, or the good wine they keep 😉

Premier Icon igm
    Subscriber

On Whetherspoons boycotting European (not if if read it right EU) drinks.

I’ve been boycotting Whetherspoons for some time now over the owners idiotic (and frequently contradictory) stance on Europe. (To be fair, it hasn’t really been a hardship.)

I expect my posturing will have as much effect on Whetherspoons as theirs has on the European drinks industry.

cchris2lou

Especially as he says he has contracts running several years.

Premier Icon kelvin
    Subscriber

One of the many things I’ve learned since the referendum, is how much “New World” wine enters the EU/UK tariff free, and how low the tariffs are on the rest.

cchris2lou

For example Jacobs creek is owned by French firm Pernod Ricard. I am sure there are many more like that.

koldun

So…are Weatherspoons going to stop selling Guinness too?

Premier Icon zippykona
    Subscriber

Is there any 100% solid good news?

Premier Icon BoardinBob
    Subscriber

Well it was the quarter-wit Brexiteers that dragged us down this path…

Premier Icon theotherjonv
    Subscriber

Yes, because when i see a bus about to be driven off a cliff rather than stand in front of it alerting the passengers of the situation, the correct course of action is to get on board because it’s what they want, and therefore it should be what i want too.

There’s are clearly halfwits in this situation but i don’t think it’s me 😉

Premier Icon theotherjonv
    Subscriber

Looks like that can didn’t get kicked very far

So to understand – the government made an agreement to do something, and then immediately reneged on it once they’d passed the sticking point that forced the discussion? Not got past history on that, after all, have they. I just hope that the chickens all come home to roost sooner rather than later, before it really is too late.

As to whoever asked whether this is how business negotiates deals? I’ve done a few in my time and if I relied on ‘haha, i had my fingers crossed when i signed so it doesn’t count’ – I’d be out the door with my arse in my hands faster than you can say ‘David Davies’

PJM1974

May has little choice but to try to hold a deeply divided party together, but the parliamentary arithmetic is strongly in favour of Remainers.  If the rebels depose May then they won’t stand for a Brexiteer becoming the next party leader.

While it’s fair to label May as a can-kicker (her time as Home Secretary was noteworthy for her highly successful screw up of the Westminster pederast investigation which is now dead in the water as Brexit requires all available political bandwidth), she’s running out of options to sate both sides of her party.

Premier Icon binners
    Subscriber

It really shows how desperate May is. And which group she’s effectively being held hostage by.

Everyone knew that she’d either lied to the remainers or lied to the Brexinutters. And everyone knew that we’d all know which within 48 hours

And now we know.

So for the sake of buying herself 2 days she’s properly pissed off the saner members of her party to placate a bunch of headbangers who will never ever be placated

So I would imagine that having been sold a line, the rebels/traitors/enemies of the people will now feel no inclination whatsoever to go along with any more lies/compramises

The Berxiteers have had no problem at all dealing in blatant lies

I hope this marks the point where the gloves come off and the remainers start playing by the same rules as the lying scheming charlatans they’re up against

tjagain

I have never in 40+ years as a political geek seen a government so divided and so much breifing against ech other and so much public dissent.

It really is unbelievable

and still they have not come up with a proposal that they can agree with let alone one acceptable to the EU

How much longer can they hang on?

athgray

Forum to the rescue. I have forgotten the name of the person that caused this calamitous mess.

Died a couple of years ago I think. I can picture thingamyjigs face, or is that a pigs face and his cock and balls?

Looks a bit like a fat Michael Schumacher. Please help it is really annoying!!

Viewing 40 posts - 45,761 through 45,800 (of 69,712 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.