Viewing 40 posts - 201 through 240 (of 321 total)
  • EDL in Birmingham Today
  • singlespeedstu

So tell me then.

The EDL.
    Just how complicated are the dance moves?

Could someone that hasn’t had a propper “gettin into the groove” moment since the golden days of MDMA still be able to join up without looking like a dad a a wedding?

teamhurtmore
    Free Member

While it may be true that we have not managed immigration into the UK very successfully in the past, those that take this as a reason to argue, “no more immigration” should be careful what they wish for.

As was the case in Germany before, our demographics will ultimately require us to increase levels of immigration otherwise our fiscal nightmare will be even worse. Bottom line, the UK needs more immigrants not less if it is going to cope economically.

The case was made quite clearly this week by the OBR in their latest Fiscal Sustainability Report, not that I would expect this to be bedtime reading for most of the EDL’s membership!

unklehomered
    Free Member

I believe they offer courses for those who’s first language is not disco 😉

Northwind

neilferther – Member

Dazh: I have some news for you. In the past few years, millions of immigrants have made their homes in this country. Millions of them.

Nope. Total immigration was around 500000 last year, a figure which despite what you may think is falling (and not because it’s the tories in power incidentally; it’s been gently falling for years- there was a headline grabbing drop this year but it’s not going to be sustained as it was mostly students, in a few years time there’ll be a corresponding drop in emigration.)

People get very confused on this because they see stats for total immigration, and forget to deduct total emigration. Most people that come to the UK don’t stay forever. For example, students, who are the single biggest immigrant group, make up 2/5ths of all immigrants and whose visas are specifically for study- the majority leave after their studies, having paid sackfulls of cash to the UK universities.

So once you deduct the 350000 people who left, you have net immigration of around 150000. Obviously this doesn’t give you your “millions” in the last few years, even if you say it twice.

Oh and:

neilferther – Member

I used the example of the school to make a point

Pro tip- It is better to use examples which aren’t made up when trying to prove a point.

Drac

It’s just a jump to the left and then a step to the right, with your hands on hips you bring your knees in tight.

But it’s the pelvic thrust that will drive you insane.

CharlieMungus
    Free Member

Well, this thread was really quite revealing wasn’t it!

piemonster

That was fun, I particularly enjoyed the initial EDL defence post.

What’s the odds on some EDL members doing some googling and spotting this thread?

singlespeedstu

Well, this thread was really quite revealing wasn’t it!

Yep.

I though disco was dead but it seems it’s still alive and kicking.

MrsToast
    Free Member

This thread calls for a Drama Llama!

Bloody South American camelids, coming over here, eating our grass, displacing good ol’ British sheep with their heathen spitting…

piemonster

😆 @ Northwind trying to use facts.

It’s much better to just rant.

dannybgoode

@piefiddler-in the words of Stewart Lee, Yeah well-you can prove anything with facts can’t you…

cheers

Danny B

unklehomered
    Free Member

That’s the second post from Mrs Toast today that has made me want to find her and hug her! #e-hug

piemonster

Ha, drama llama like.

Dannybgoode signature dislike 👿

jivehoneyjive
    Free Member

I’m no scientist, but to some extent, is immigration not the basis of evolution… if for example the protozoa in the primordial soup had disputed the ingress of spicy new organisms messing up their monotonous flavour, would we be here now bitching about stuff with sentient consciousness n that?

dabble
    Free Member

seems like some of the posters on here are still

protozoa in the primordial soup

thegreatape
    Free Member

neilferther – Member
    Of course anyone with concerns about immigration is just a raving Nazi bast1rd, who likes nothing better than to riot and throw rocks at the police, and who likes being beastly to foreigners

+1 and well said that man. Nice to have some straight talking for a change.

ernie_lynch
    Free Member

😆

thegreatape
    Free Member

I thought you’d approve 😉

jamj1974

It’s good to know that many others share my distaste for intolerance.

yunki
    Free Member

Child of EDL supporter cuaght up in violent protest

you go for it defenders of our way of life..

jamj1974

Is it me or does that little boy look really frightened…?

yunki
    Free Member

naaaah… he loves it! Hates immigrants that one.. bleedin’ hates ’em

jivehoneyjive
    Free Member

That’s not fear, it’s just under-developed anger, he’ll come good in the end

jamj1974

Maybe Curtis says it best…?

http://youtu.be/jZeKT0UctOQ

Northwind

piemonster – Member

@ Northwind trying to use facts.

It’s a sickness I have.

Junkyard
    Free Member

That’s not fear, it’s just under-developed anger, he’ll come good in the end

Genuine LOL 😀

Crosses fingers theGreatape is being ironic

CharlieMungus
    Free Member

Dunnomaout others, biut I’m looking forward to this

Yes that was a bit of a flounce be fair. I have to go to work now. But I’ll be back.

thegreatape
    Free Member

Fear not junkyard

alaslas
    Free Member

jamj1974 – Member

I never cease to be utterly disgusted at the behavior of these cretins. So dejected by the sight of that boy surrounded by such hate. Truly a glimpse into the dark side.

epicyclo

On reflection maybe the EDL are right to be concerned.

Hopefully they will soon be expelling descendants of illegal immigrants from their ranks.

If they start with the Angles, then the Saxons, and finish up by culling out those of Norman descent they will be doing their country a great service.

Then both remaining members of the EDL can go forward secure in their racial purity. 🙂

Northwind

Hmm. I’m a bit of a mixed race mongrel type, if they deport me can I pick and choose where I get sent home? Or do I get dismembered and sent to all of them? This may influence my decision.

epicyclo

Northwind – Member
    Hmm. I’m a bit of a mixed race mongrel type, if they deport me can I pick and choose where I get sent home? Or do I get dismembered and sent to all of them? This may influence my decision.

Come to Scotland and ride free… 🙂

Oh, and free dismemberment available in Glasgae – just wear your favourite green or blue trackies.

ninfan
    Free Member

Maybe he’s frightened that the police are going to murder his dad?

(see fascist police attack innocent friendly protesters threads passim)

ernie_lynch
    Free Member

Maybe he’s frightened that the police are going to murder his dad?

I see…….he’s been brought up to fear the police as much as he fears muslims ?

Tom_W1987
    Free Member

Not holier than thou – just tolerant. I’ve never lived in a Muslim country and funnily enough the vast, vast majority of Muslims I have met don’t want to live in a Muslim country either… So your point would be what Neilfether? Articulate your views – I am happy that you can do so, but don’t support riots which are not undertaken as peaceful protests but instead are designed to intimidate and agress others who don’t share your views

For balance though, I am living in a part of london where I am often blanked because I’m white and next doors house has a giant poster of Saddam Hussein in the window.

Not that I condone the edl but I can now partly understand why the working classes are falling into the laps of the edl, bnp and ukip.

dazh

Not that I condone the edl but I can now partly understand why the working classes are falling into the laps of the edl, bnp and ukip.

I hope you’re not suggesting the working classes are inherently racist. Excuse the sweeping generalisation, but If the working classes are guilty of anything, it’s being uneducated and ignorant. This ignorance allows the likes of the EDL, UKIP, rightwing media, the racist gobshite down the pub, to peddle lies and scare stories which provide simplistic and sensationalist explanations for the problems experienced by the working classes. And in the absence of any clear opposition from the likes of the Labour party, is it any wonder this is happening?

Junkyard
    Free Member

good point they are not racist just stupid and ill educated

Excellent defence of them there 😉

Tom_W1987
    Free Member

I agree with your latter points but if I can elaborate I do think that much of the working classes feel disenfranchised through lack of work and their changing neighbourhoods…..unfortunately resistance and fear of change is natural in human beings…..in this regard I do feel as if we should be trying to listen to their grievances instead of making the problem worse by sweeping social problems under the carpet.

Personally I just feel sorry for humanity as a whole and can usually see the world from anyone’s perspective…instead of dismissing one group as stupid/racists/terrorists…so thats why I weighed in.

dazh

just stupid and ill educated

I think you know full well that being stupid is not the same as being uneducated.

Tom_W1987
    Free Member

And no the media is not the main cause of the working classes racism….imo its social issues and divisions in economically poor areas as I only know to well from having lived in such an area for a while.

Viewing 40 posts - 201 through 240 (of 321 total)

The topic ‘EDL in Birmingham Today’ is closed to new replies.