EDL in Birmingham Today

Home Forum Chat Forum EDL in Birmingham Today

Viewing 6 posts - 316 through 321 (of 321 total)
  • EDL in Birmingham Today
  • If there is no political party prepared to address people’s legitimate concerns about jobs schools nhs, local services and addresses the issue of different standards being applied to working people and the elite then groups like the EDL will continue to flourish and spread their hatred.

AFAIK the EDL has no political programme and doesn’t stand for election.

And it’s worth remembering that the UK electorate freely votes in vast numbers at election time for candidates who are committed to cutting local services.

Premier Icon footflaps
    Subscriber

The BNP is a political party, albeit not very successful…

gordimhor

I may be wrong but I thought the there was a strong connection or even an overlap between the BNP and the EDL. My other point is that there is no party offering an alternative to the cuts imposed by the current government with the exception of the SNP . Not much use if you’re not in Scotland.

Premier Icon dazh
    Subscriber

I may be wrong but I thought the there was a strong connection or even an overlap between the BNP and the EDL.

I doubt it. The EDL are just a bunch of football hooligans out looking for a fight. Now they can’t do it at football matches they do it in city centres under the premise of protecting our fair country from those evil muslims who want to chop our heads off. The BNP are even more deluded, they think they should actually be in power 🙂 Also I think the far right has a fair amount of the People’s Front of Judea v Judean People’s Front thing going on so I bet there’s no love lost.

My other point is that there is no party offering an alternative to the cuts imposed by the current government with the exception of the SNP . Not much use if you’re not in Scotland.

The electorate in England isn’t interested in voting for anti-cuts candidates, that’s why all three maim parties are committed to spending cuts. There are anti-cuts candidates but they get nowhere at election time.

If there was significant support against austerity then you can be sure that the self-serving careerists and political opportunists which make up New Labour would be jumping on the bandwagon and shouting loudest against austerity.

Of course if the Labour Party was still the mass party of ordinary working people, as it once was, then it would be providing the leadership required to counter the misinformation from a Tory dominant press, and making the case that austerity isn’t working and it is simply an ideologically motivated stunt to redistribute wealth in favour of a privileged few.

Instead of allowing the Daily Mail to dictate Labour Party policy.

gordimhor

It’s a great choice isn’t it Cameron Clegg and Osborne on the one side. On the other. …at least Milibands got (Ed) Balls!

Viewing 6 posts - 316 through 321 (of 321 total)

The topic ‘EDL in Birmingham Today’ is closed to new replies.