Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 321 total)
  • EDL in Birmingham Today
  • jamj1974

I haven’t got a lot to say about this, but I cannot believe with all the information there is that people can still believe in the complete rubbish that the EDL peddle.

Really angry that they chose to have their hate-filled, prejudiced event in my home town today.

That’s all.

neilsonwheels
    Free Member

I had nothing but hassle with edl, I will be going back to npower asap.

Jamie
    Free Member

Pizza
    Aspalls Cyder
    The Place Beyond the Pines

neilsonwheels
    Free Member

😀

ernie_lynch
    Free Member

Why does the EDL appear to have so few female supporters ?

I thought they felt particularly strongly about women’s rights ?

Junkyard
    Free Member

They’re coming to Llandudno on Aug 10th

The english defence league are going to Wales….is confused but not as much as they clearly are.

jamj1974

Thanks Neilsonwheels for lightening my mood slightly 🙂

jamj1974

They’re coming to Llandudno on Aug 10th. I will be there for polite, rational debate

….is confused but not as much as they clearly are.

Don’t be confused Junky – the prejudice lesson clashed with double geography on the school timetable…

athgray
    Free Member

They must be trying to put on a respectable face. There is barely a skinhead in sight.

ernie_lynch
    Free Member

Here’s a skinhead making what was presumably a profound political point earlier today :

yunki
    Free Member

I used to be a hooligan..

I can tell you for a fact that it all pretty much boils down to insecurity about their masculinity

poor dears

athgray
    Free Member

The guy in the flat cap got off at the wrong train station. Was trying to get to the Open at Muirfield.

Kevevs
    Free Member

apparently when they come to Llandudno they’re teaming up with some other group of right wing dicks called the North West/Wales? Alliance/Infidels? or something (can’t be arsed to look it up) and some other far-right groups. I think cos a lot of the population in this area are from England, retired, and big Daily Mail readers!

Not too long back I was up late at night, and one of those audience type talk shows was on, and the EDL leader guy was there to take questions, Question Time style. He was sooo inarticulate and defensive, in the face of the most simple logic and reasoning, it was **** laughable.

Tom-B
    Free Member

The ‘muslamic ray guns’ video say’s it all really….very very confused people.

jivehoneyjive
    Free Member

I have a theory… we all get our kicks from some kind of adrenaline… be it on a bike, at a football match, in the cinema~ historically people attended church for the excitement of the preachers passionate sermon.

At the end of the day, we as mountain bikers, pursue adrenaline and excitement through a positive and progressive medium.

Guys join the EDL for similar thrills via adrenaline, but their path is negative.

Whether this is to do with braincells, upbringing or indoctrination, who knows, but it does kind of suck.

My cunning theory would also tie in with the lack of females, as testosterone and adrenaline are more abundant in blokes.

3dvgirl
    Free Member

The edl the anti nazi league, the muslim extremist and all other complete and utter **** that want to **** everything up for their moronic sixth-form level political theories, are all different sides of the same weirdly shaped coin, the coin of being a complete and utter **** ass hole.

athgray
    Free Member

That is a p**s take surely? Gay Aryan Skinheads G.A.S.H? If that is true I would love to be a fly on the wall at their meetings.

Kevevs
    Free Member

that’s a good idea 3dvgirl. When they come here, I’ll pull out a coin, and ask.. which side of this coin are you on? the one with Britannia on it, or the one with Queen (and country) on it? or both? They’ll say both. Then I’ll flip the coin and show them on both sides a very finely painted picture of a hairy ass-hole. then say, haha that’s you that is! then walk away in victory knowing they are even more baffled.

epicyclo

athgray – Member
    That is a p**s take surely? Gay Aryan Skinheads G.A.S.H? If that is true I would love to be a fly on the wall at their meetings.

You’d get unzipped…

🙂

CharlieMungus
    Free Member

Did you really put the anti nazi league in there with those folks?

The problem is that racists and bigots don’t consider themselves to be racist or bigotted. They tend tomthink they are just saying things the way they are. Their behaviour and attitutde is normalised by their friends as they all use the same words, language and rhetoric. It seems acceptable amongst them and they tend to think it is acceptable in public in general. Soemtimes they realise that they have been mistaken other times they just moderate their behaviour in public but continue to behave badly whenamongst their own kind.

aracer
    Free Member

Why not just ignore them?

athgray
    Free Member

epicyclo 😳 😀

ernie_lynch
    Free Member

Why not just ignore them?

Ignoring those who peddle hate has not historically been a hugely successful tactic.

CharlieMungus
    Free Member

Confront it where ever you see it

konabunny
    Free Member

I used to be a hooligan..

Go on… (with the story, I mean, not with being a hooligan).

Kevevs
    Free Member

If it was just a bloke or two mouthing off in a pub. yeah, Ignore those nobs. But the EDL seem to be quite an organised strata of thoughtless, angry pricks with some kind of axe to grind, but are very misdirected in their outlook on where to grind it! and like Charlie says, should be confronted and challenged in their opinions of what they are protesting against. I’m not sure a lot of ’em actually know!

3dvgirl
    Free Member

Did you really put the anti nazi league in there with those folks?

Fighting fascism with different form of fascism, its so many kinds of stupid its unreal. In my view both left and right are as equally retarded as each other. We need to move past the political left overs of the French revolution.

aracer
    Free Member

Confront it where ever you see it

Except they feed on the confrontation. If you ignore them, what exactly will they achieve? What are these people if not just a larger group of people mouthing off in the pub? If they were going round beating up other people or denying them their rights then such actions clearly need to be stopped, but surely most of them are just going out to have a bit of a shout.

ernie – I think that is a straw man, but you’ll have to remind me which historical cases of ignoring those with extremist views have ended badly.

walleater

The ‘other’ EDL seemed to be having a more enjoyable time:

yunki
    Free Member

In my view both left and right are as equally retarded as each other

this got me thinking the other day..

The fallacy of left vs right.. this slightly moronic lowest common denominator so loved by the college politicos and interminable debating squad on here..
    Are there only two ways in the world..? polar opposites..? left/right, black/white, right/wrong, rich/poor, tory/labour, love/hate..?

Is there such a thing as liberal extremism..?
    An intelligent middle ground..?
    would it be quite as stupid or harmful as left/right/religious extremism..?

5thElefant
    Free Member

They must be trying to put on a respectable face. There is barely a skinhead in sight.

I thought the skinhead had been liberated and widely adopted by the middle-aged balding IT manager.

grum
    Free Member

It’s just something to do for football hooligans when the football season is on a break. They don’t look like they’re having much fun though do they.

bigG
    Free Member

EDL? I never knew that English Disco Lovers caused such upset…

They were very active a few months ago

ernie_lynch
    Free Member

aracer – Member

ernie – I think that is a straw man

How unusual for you to throw in a straw man allegation aracer ! But I feel disappointed that this time you couldn’t be bothered to post a nice picture from Google Images to illustrate your point 🙂

Those who peddle hate don’t simply give up if they are ignored and left unopposed. On the contrary, racism, homophobia, and all forms of bigotry, thrive on precisely being ignored.

jamj1974

That’s a good one Ben!

char34
    Free Member

how is the edl racist they are against redical muslims who take the bullshit koran to extrems
    anyone can become a muslim its a RELIGION not a RACE
    edl have members from different races (indian pakistani chineese)
    its the extreme muslims they are against not other races
    get your facts right people
    at least they have the balls to stand up to these terrorists these extreme muslims are the racists
    EVIL RELIGION
    EVIL BOOK KORAN

CharlieMungus
    Free Member

Fighting fascism with different form of fascism, its so many kinds of stupid its unreal. In my view both left and right are as equally retarded as each other. We need to move past the political left overs of the French revolution.

I’m a bit stuck here 3dvgirl. Are you saying you think the anti-nazi league were / are fascist?

Junkyard
    Free Member

OOH look we have a racist apologist here trying to justify that his brand of cultural racism is not really racist

When I hear that the skinheaded Engerlanders have to package their intolerance as being about religion and extremists I always chuckle

PC do gooders have won the battle to the extent even a racist organisation headed by a convicted football thug and assaulter of women cannot admit that it is racist and will deny it – what has the world come to when you just cannot be a racist with shame

Aye why can these Muslims not be as tolerant as what we are of differences

Imagine trying to impose your view of the world on other people …nothing worse eh 😕

who take the bullshit koran to extrems,,,
    EVIL RELIGION
    EVIL BOOK KORAN

Idiots and hypocrits guilty of trying to impose their cultural view on others and some Muslims are no better.

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 321 total)

The topic ‘EDL in Birmingham Today’ is closed to new replies.