EDL in Birmingham Today

Home Forum Chat Forum EDL in Birmingham Today

Viewing 45 posts - 136 through 180 (of 321 total)
  • EDL in Birmingham Today
  • Yunki: The primary school I attended now has 100% Asian children. They do not celebrate any Christian beliefs. They do not celebrate Christmas or Easter.

So what? you might say. I am not religious either, but Christian values are quite important to our way of life. Would you send your children to a 100% Asian school? To be educated with Muslim values?
    (Obviously it wouldn’t be 100% Asian then, but you get my point)

Premier Icon dazh
    Subscriber

I think immigration should be strictly controlled because we do not have the resources on this tiny island to support an infinite number of people. Also, I do not want to be in a minority in my own home.

There you go again with the silly comments. Infinite? Don’t be ridiculous! And minority of what? And why do you think you have any say in this? And what makes it ‘your’ home specifically? What’s to stop me moving there and calling it my home? Or anyone else for that matter? And what does it matter where I or others come from?

Junkyard

I am not sure we can absolve ourselves of all sins because others were doing it nor pat ourselves to much in the back for eventually ceasing the trade. It is nothing to be proud of unless we had never partaken though thiose who campaigned for the ending have my respect.

we do not have the resources on this tiny island to support an infinite number of people.

I think we can all agree that our island has finite resources but your use of language is constantly to suggest floods and waves and overwhelming numbers when the reality is it that it is a trickle

Also, I do not want to be in a minority in my own home

They wont make them all live in your house

Premier Icon dannybgoode
    Subscriber

@neilf – a very significant number Asians are not Muslim (China, Japan, huge swathes of India etc). Being Asian does not equal being a Muslim.

Also, are they really being educated in Muslim values as that would somewhat contradict the national curriculum. Unless it is now a faith school of course but then its religious leaning would be understandable.

Cheers

Danny B

5thElefant

I am not sure we can absolve ourselves of all sins because others were doing it nor pat ourselves to much in the back for eventually ceasing the trade

Of course we can. We led the world in establishing human rights. You can’t do any more than that.

Junkyard

The primary school I attended now has 100% Asian children. They do not celebrate any Christian beliefs. They do not celebrate Christmas or Easter.

Could you name it as the national curriculum clearly states that their should be a daily act of worship christian in nature

Behave mate this is daily Mail headline grabbing Pc dogooders ban christmas lights because muslamic swans made them

Link to the now 100% “Asian” school please

So what? you might say. I am not religious either, but Christian values are quite important to our way of life.

What values you dont adhere to are important …why not adapt some Muslims ones then as you dont believe that religion either….where the harm seems you enjoy doing things you dont believe in

Would you send your children to a 100% Asian school?

Is it a good school? the ethnic makeup is irrelevant to me tbh

To be educated with Muslim values?

I would not send my child to any religious school

alaslas

The EDL are comprised of a multiply deprived people, not least in the complete absence of irony in their thinking (as we can see again on this thread).

Invading city centres to stage violent protests? Attacking the police force? Sieg Heil-ing with a peace sign?

It’s just a compendium of idiocy.

When they came to Sheffield they were prevented from making a symbolic march to the war memorial by Sheffield residents and protest groups. The next week they came back staging a ‘national’ conference of bone-headed fascists.

Dissatisfied that they had not caused enough trouble for the residents of Sheffield, they rampaged through the city and stormed the University, invoking a campus-wide lock-down. As someone commented on Twitter, ‘don’t worry, they’re only rounding up the intellectuals and Jews’.

Despite the blatant idiocy, this is a dangerous organisation, and should not be ignored or underestimated. They need to be opposed in every venue of our society to prevent the creeping British intolerance from being turned into racist witch-hunting.

RichPenny

@RP – would you not consider a person following an intolerant religion as, by definition intolerant (assuming of course that they are devout)?

No I wouldn’t. Even the devout can be challenged on their beliefs, since religion is often a comforting cornerstone of society. Religions are as much cultural structures as they are spiritual. As such, I consider it healthier to approach an individual with an open mind rather than condemning them as intolerant. We have had millennia of religion shaping our culture, I would like to see it the other way round.

If they have chosen to take a more liberal line when it comes to same sex couples etc then are they truly Catholic?

I think so. People themselves can define what they are. The church seems satisfied to accept people with a wide range of beliefs without too many people being thrown out. As before, I would prefer more liberals within the church.

BTW, regarding the AIDS crisis in Africa, the influence of the Church is interesting. If the church is able to convince an entire continent that birth control is wrong, why is it unable to convince people of the benefits of abstinence outside marriage?

Zokes: I can hardly be bothered to answer your post. If we have uncontrolled immigration, then yes, an infinite number of people can come here. I hope they all come and swamp Newcastle. I hope you suffer the same level of violent crime that London has endured.
    Its my home because I live here. That makes it my home.
    You like to use the term bigot. A bigot is someone who will not listen to, or is intolerant of another persons views. You are not listening to mine or anyone else’s.
    You read my post and scream “racist bigot”

Junkyard

We led the world in establishing human rights. stopping human rights abuses we were a heavily involved in. You can’t do any more than that. better than that would have been to have not done that

TBH I get your point yes what we did in ending slavery was the key and critical move in stopping it and it was clearly the right thing to do. Yes we deserve some credit for it. However stopping doing a bad thing does not make you a goodie.

ninfan

the reality is it that it is a trickle

3.91 million non-British long term immigrants to the UK in the decade 1997-2006

By 2006 Foreign-born persons accounted for about 10% of the population (and about 12% of the working-age population aged 16-64).

Trickle?

Junkyard

If we have uncontrolled immigration, then yes, an infinite number of people can come here.

We would need an infinite number of people on the planet and even if we do they would not all fit so an infinite amount of people can NEVER come here

A bigot is someone who will not listen to, or is intolerant of another persons views.

a person who is obstinately or intolerantly devoted to his or her own opinions and prejudices; especially : one who regards or treats the members of a group (as a racial or ethnic group) with hatred and intolerance

Thats you that is

You are not listening to mine or anyone else’s.

Yes you are the victim of extremists views here oppressing you 🙄

alaslas

Are you trying to justify the existence of the EDL by your immigration ‘debate’?

It all plays into their hands.

Condemn the fascists. The EDL are the new face of the far-right. Move on.

Junkyard: I was answering Yunkis post. Of course the website is not going to advertise themselves as 100% Asian. Perhaps one or two Eastern European children go there now. The parents association is certainly 100% Asian.
    I made the point in answer to Yunki’s question. What makes me think I am in danger of becoming a minority?

How are you going to send your children to a non religious skool if it is the law of the land to have Christian services?

Premier Icon dazh
    Subscriber

I hope you suffer the same level of violent crime that London has endured.

Wonderful. So now you’re pinning all violent crime in London on immigrants! Really mate, if you’re going to spout rubbish like this at least give up with the ‘I’m not racist, but’ pretence. And I live in Manchester by the way (and my name’s not Zokes!), which is a wonderfully diverse, ethnically and culturally mixed place to live, where for the most part, we all get on and you can walk down the road without being beaten up by an immigrant. It’s also largely free of neanderthal EDL apologists thankfully.

Its my home because I live here. That makes it my home.

They live there too. Does that make it their home too?

5thElefant – Member

We led the world in establishing human rights. You can’t do any more than that.

Oh how quaint this narrow British-centric view of history is 🙂

You’ll note that the Declaration of the Rights of Man isn’t written in English :

And that icon of human rights, the Statue of Liberty, was a gift from the people of France, not the people of Britain.

Yes Britain played a vital and leading role, but it was far from unique. And it mercilessly put down rebellion within its empire through repression and persecution. It was Britain’s exceptional talents in controlling subjugated populations that led it to create the world’s first concentration camps. Hitler was particularly impressed with Britain’s ability to control such a vast number of people in India with so few men that he used it as an example for Nazi conquered lands.

Premier Icon jamj1974
    Subscriber

Q. Why would Muslims not want to live in a ‘Muslim’ country.

A1. They are not originally from Muslim countries
    A2. They prefer a secular government
    A3. They like a cosmopolitan and diverse culture to live within
    A4. They do not see the rule of law and religion as synonymous

Premier Icon dannybgoode
    Subscriber

@neilf – apologies, you are confusing me now. Is the school you mention 100% Asian or 100% Muslim (or indeed both). If both are you 100% sure that no Hindu’s or Sikhs have snuck in (Sikhs are easy to spot BTW – they’re the ones who wear rolled up tea-towels on their heads, also known as a turban) have snuck in for example.

If 100% Asian are you sure none of the kids there were born in Asia and not in England thus making them English (same applies to the parents).

And are none of them Somali or the like which would make them African?

Cheers

Danny B

All this talk

its easier just to have a massive big ruck and get it all done with

5thElefant

It was Britain’s exceptional talents in controlling subjugated populations that led it to create the world’s first concentration camps.

And British public opinion put an end to them.

The empire worked with such few men because it wasn’t based on subjugation. There were more plus sides to being part of the empire than downsides. Exactly the same model as the roman empire. We brought technology, infrastructure and trade.

Premier Icon dazh
    Subscriber

We brought technology, infrastructure and trade.

What about aqueducts?

Premier Icon jamj1974
    Subscriber

For me it comes down to simply this, seriously how can anyone defend the idea that intolerance is acceptable?

5thElefant

What about aqueducts?

And sanitation.

The empire worked with such few men because it wasn’t based on subjugation.

😀 The British were universally loved throughout India !

They didn’t want us to leave …… gawd bless’em !

Junkyard

Of course the website is not going to advertise themselves as 100% Asian.

Well just name the school and I will see what Ofstead said and corroborate your story…what school is it?

Perhaps one or two Eastern European children go there now. The parents association is certainly 100% Asian.

you would think white people would care for the school as much as they do …shameful behaviour of the aboriginal indigenous population

There were more plus sides to being part of the empire than downsides.

I wonder why so many expelled and fought against us …how **** ungrateful some of those lucky bastards were eh

We brought technology, infrastructure and trade so that we could exploit the shit out of all your resources and make shits loads of money. if you benefited it was purely by accident .

FTFY

Premier Icon unklehomered
    Subscriber

Wow, this thread caught fire while I was in the garden…

Invasion is a powerful word, it creates a sense of impending danger, its great for making a strong sounding argument. But calling net migration an invasion is like saying I invaded Sainsburys yesterday and pillaged their food (before politely queuing and paying for it, while collecting my nectar points). Get a grip.

And people waving the flag of St George, complaining about the intolerance overbearing religions inflicting their will of others need to go back to their history teachers and ask for the parent’s money back. You want to make a point write to your MP, vote. Smashing shit up and getting in fights with police adds to my taxes, without the benefit of giving someone in need a home in process.

I know which I’d rather spend my money on.

I realised something today.

The EDL are a gang. They aren’t a movement, they aren’t a revolution, they are a gang. A nasty, violent, childish gang.

All violent crime? Who said that? you see, you do not listen. Go to any court in London though, and see the number of Romanian, Somalian and Albanian defendants there are.

Treats ethnic groups with hatred? What are you talking about? You just made that up. You do not know me. How can you assume that from my posts? It is you that is behaving like an idiot.

Who is defending the EDL? I just think that they have a point about controlling immigration and protecting our way of life in Britain.
    I am not defending the history of the British Empire either.
    I have read a few history books, and I know very well what the British have been responsible for abroad.
    Again, any attempt at expressing an opinion that is different to yours is met with mindless screaming ” RACIST ”

Premier Icon jamj1974
    Subscriber

^^. Bang on UnkleHomered.

alaslas

It’s not worth entering the sophistry of the EDL line of debate. It really isn’t.

Premier Icon dazh
    Subscriber

Who is defending the EDL? I just think that they have a point about controlling immigration and protecting our way of life in Britain.

Err, you. With that sentence.

And please stop with the faux outrage at being called a racist. So far you’ve complained that the country is being invaded by 10s of millions of immigrants, that your old school has been taken over by asians, that London’s violent crime is largely committed by immigrants, that hardly anyone in London has a ‘British’ accent any more etc. Sounds very much like racism to me. You obviously don’t think so, in which case I refer you to my earlier comments about moronic posts.

Junkyard

Again, any attempt at expressing an opinion that is different to yours is met with mindless screaming ” RACIST

so we are idiots and mindless for disagreeing with you and yet you still want to play the stop calling me names for my views card

AWESOME

Danny, I am sorry I have confused you. Yes there are probably many Hindus and Sikhs at the school. I know very well what a Sikh is.

Stag Lane school in North London was the name of the school. Perhaps you might like to report them to the Police or Ofsted. I am not sure they have done anything wrong though. I was just making the point that
    In large parts of London, Londoners are becoming a minority.
    Junkyard: Are you a bit thick? The reason that the Parents association is 100% Asian, is because the huge majority of the children that attend the school are Asian. Every parent who has a child at the school
    cannot be on the committee.
    That was my point. Yunki asked me why I thought I am in a minority, and I explained.

Cougar – as a Catholic (albeit a pretty crap one), the only problem I have with same sex marriage is that it looks like I’ll have another sodding wedding to pay for when my son decides him and his other half are getting married. These views are generally not shared by the rest of the Catholic Church, but I’m pretty sure I can live with that. Oh, and to whoever likened anti fascists with neo nazis, etc, are you on glue?
    Jesus wept, as a Catholic and an anti-fascist, I’m doubly ****** aren’t I?

ninfan

The British were universally loved throughout India !

They didn’t want us to leave …… gawd bless’em !

Well, alternatively they were so pleased to see us leave that they spent the next two years killing each other, then another 50 years waiting to finish the job…

ninfan

the only problem I have with same sex marriage is that it looks like I’ll have another sodding wedding to pay for when my son decides him and his other half are getting married.

I thought that it was the parents of the bride who paid for the wedding 😉

Could you name it as the national curriculum clearly states that their should be a daily act of worship christian in nature

it does and yet it hasnt happend in any of the schools I’ve worked in.

That’s a bit of a minefield ninfan!

ninfan

I’ll bet it is 😯

pingu66

Before anyone misinterprets what I write I am not a racist and tolerate all colour, religion etc. I even know a few French people I like and I am happy for anyone of any race or religion to come here as long as they are pleasant. Admittedly the EDL are morons, actually one of my acquaintances is an active member, seems like a nice guy until we get on certain subjects then turns batshit mental.

What are the current immigration laws in the UK. I understand people from within the EU have a right to come and work here but as I understand it other nationals fleeing hardship or oppression should seek refuge in the first safe country they enter. In many cases that would be other European countries.

For example the people coming in wagons from France, should they not seek refuge in France.

Regarding jobs, isn’t it that jobs should be filled by people from this country unless that is not possible. Obviously that includes the EU.

Asking initially as I do have quite simplistic views on many things but I am also open minded. However I do think immigration should be more tightly controlled and applied as we are forever hearing stories about “illegal” immigrants which we are led to believe is about 1 million, depending on whose figures you choose to believe. I would love to understand what or how these “illegal” immigrants exist or what indeed makes an illegal immigrant.

Raouligan

Immigration rocks on my way home from work I can pick up fresh Bagels, Samosa’s and Turkish Delight, I get to speak to amazing people from a huge range of backgrounds, I genuinely don’t understand how this isn’t the best thing ever?

Nah, not really ninfan. Never been an issue for me. With regard to my kids, as long as they’re healthy, happy and loved, the rest is immaterial.

Premier Icon dazh
    Subscriber

we are forever hearing stories about “illegal” immigrants which we are led to believe is about 1 million, depending on whose figures you choose to believe. I would love to understand what or how these “illegal” immigrants exist.

I think the clue is in the word ‘stories’. I’m not denying there are illegal immigrants, but I’d bet my house on the fact that the numbers of them are wildly exaggerated by the media, and mouthpieces on the right whose rather transparent strategy is to use the politics of hate and division to shift the balance of politics rightwards, to ensure either a tory government or a labour govt with tory policies. It would seem they’ve been very successful.

pingu66

Thanks dazh I can understand that! Genuinely appreciate that. Sometimes you believe stuff other times you don’t and as I said depending on whose figures you read. I think officially its like 250k which is still a lot but then you see higher but never lower figures and if it plays into peoples agendas.

Weirdly I had never even thought of that.

Junkyard

Junkyard: Are you a bit thick?

You do know some people are too stupid to work out just how stupid they are…take a deep breath and have a think about that before just typing would you?

is because the huge majority of the children that attend the school are Asian. Every parent who has a child at the school

Look Einstein which is it ? It either the huge majority or every one of them whihc is everyone and unamous rather than a majority
    That was your clue for the stupid question 😉

JY: Your argument is rubbish. I made the point that immigration should be controlled and we should be careful to protect our way of life.
    I used the example of the school to make a point.
    In a democratic country, or school. The majority can vote to make changes. They can cancel the Christmas carol concert or they can vote for more important changes. Changes that might affect your life.
    I would hope that if Muslims, become a majority, they will be as tolerant of you and your ideas as you are of them, but I wouldn’t bet on it. It is certainly not the case in any other Muslim country.

Of course I don’t expect everyone to agree with me. I do not think that anyone that disagrees with me is mindless or an idiot, nor did I infer that to be the case. Just mindless repeating of “RACIST BIGOT” and inferring that I am ignorant or stupid is just plain annoying though.

Most of the posts criticizing me have not even bothered to read my posts properly. You are not listening to my point.

Viewing 45 posts - 136 through 180 (of 321 total)

The topic ‘EDL in Birmingham Today’ is closed to new replies.