Home Forums Chat Forum eBay Global Shipping.. How does it work?

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • eBay Global Shipping.. How does it work?
  • Merak

If I sell something to say a bloke in Singapore I pack it up and it heads off to their (eBay) depot in England.

I’ve paid £6.19 what does the buyer pay? Is the cost of international shipping borne by eBay? Or does the buyer see a different, higher price for shipping if the listing is under the global shipping option?

alanl
    Free Member

The buyer pays the full postage charge to Ebay, you receive the amount that is the UK delivery cost, you then have to send it to an ebay distribution depot, Staffordshire iirc. All simple, you just print off the form they send you, and drop it off to the PO/EVRI/parcel company. You get an email saying its arrived at their UK depot, then you get another saying its on its way.

Merak

The bit I don’t get is what the buyer pays? I know they pay the full amount but the point I’m making, badly, is if I send a motorbike exhaust system to Australia it’s not costing £7.99

Does the buyer see a different price on the listing dependant upon their location or does eBay foot the bill, unlikely.

Rich_s

Yes the buyer sees the cost to them. All you need to do is send it (tracked) to eBay.

Merak

Thumbsupemoji

snaps
    Free Member

You can find out how much the buyer pays in ‘see order details’ in your account section.

Merak

Only once they purchase though?

Rich_s

Why does it matter though? They see the price including eBay’s charges. They buy. You send.

There are other ways of skinning the proverbial feline; I’ve had someone ask me to send things to a mate. I’ve also had someone using a non-ebay freight forwarding place.

AFAIK those are both outside eBay’s T&C’s, but both were for sales of about 10 quid so I wasn’t too fussed.

Rich_s

Oh, and as you mentioned Australia, I did have one sale to there was went wrong with a capital R.

I mis-described it, it went via eBay, but the size of the parcel was too large to send back. It was basically several hundred quid in postage alone. God knows what fees and charges on top. Had to send a significant % refund to the buyer in the end as I had no way of dealing with the problem.

Merak

It doesn’t matter in the grand scheme of things. I’m selling a thing the buyer wants money off, if you don’t ask you don’t get. Just wanted to know what the shipping looks like to them in Madagascar as it costs me £7.50 to send to the eBay depot.

It may well be subject to taxes over and above the shipping cost but that’s long distance buying for you isn’t it.

Indeed I expect to have my trousers pulled down next week when I get a delivery from Italy. Cheers Tories.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.