Home Forums Bike Forum Duke of Bradfield carriage road?

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Duke of Bradfield carriage road?
  • FOG

I know I’ve seen this before on here but my forum search skills reveal nothing. What’s the best (obviously cheeky) way down to the Derwent valley from the dead end bridleway known as the Duke of Bradfield’s carriage road?

tuboflard

Is that the one which goes up to the flag stones on Cartledge Flat? If so, not been up there on a bike but probably best to carry on to Back Tor and Lost Lad. Number of options from there.

FOG

Yes that’s the one. Lost Lad and Back Tor look the most obvious on the map but just checking this doesn’t involve heavy duty hike a bike

tuboflard

No hike a bike. The flagstones are rideable but not exactly exciting. From Back Tor there’s lots of options to go at depending on what kind of riding you want or kind of bike you’re on.

JonEdwards
    Free Member

I’ve gone straight over down Abbey Brook in the (distant) past, which was pretty tight rutted singletrack. Good adventure riding, but not a lot of flow. I heard a rumour it had been flattened into a quad bike track for shooting access by the landowner, haven’t been back since.

As per tuboflard, once you’re on the slab track across the top, there’s a few potential variation’s available.
    I would say that anything off the slabs other than down to Whinstone Lee Tor is midsummer bone dry riding only, to avoid knackering the peat, though.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.