Home Forums Chat Forum DPD delivery question

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • DPD delivery question
  • boardmanfs18

So my Croix de Fer frame has supposedly dispatched as I got a DPD dispatch notification and it was meant to be delivered yesterday.

It never got delivered, so I checked the tracking number and it states “We’ve received your order details, but have not yet received your parcel”

So does that mean they haven’t even picked it up yet from the bike shop ? And how can they tell which day it’s going to be delivered If they haven’t even picked it up ?!

stumpyjon

Think so, my package I got yesterday appeared on their site before it was shipped from the retailers warehouse. Went through several hubs before being marked as out for delivery.

maccruiskeen

“We’ve received your order details, but have not yet received your parcel”

Various courier companies are struggling locally – you get a tracking number as soon as the vendor books in a collection – but that doesn’t mean the courier co has the resources to go and collect it as soon as they normally would. Remember that a lot of the notification systems are automated – it would expect if an item is booked in before as certain time it would be uplifted by the courier the same day and delivered 24 or 48hrs later. These systems haven’t been reprogrammed to account for current circumstances

I had stuff to send out a few weeks back (or was it days or months its all just Blursday now) and between booking it in and getting to the drop-off point the carrier had to cancel all local collections.

This is particularly the case for larger packages

boardmanfs18

Thanks Mac for explaining it so well, I did think that was the case but when the shop you’ve ordered it from doesn’t have the best reputation you do wonder.

Andy_Sweet
    Free Member

Be aware there are some very convincing phishing emails doing the rounds that look like they’re from DPD

smudge
    Free Member

The company who you have bought the frame from should have given DPD your email address & also mobile phone number when they filled out the online collection.
    You should now get another email/text on the day of the delivery with an hourly time slot that can be changed if not suitable.
    You can also check the tracking number with the safe link you have. But like Mac said, I have had collections booked and the driver has been unable to collect till the following day.

boardmanfs18

might actually turn up today !

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘DPD delivery question’ is closed to new replies.