• This topic has 23,120 replies, 784 voices, and was last updated 1 day ago by nickc.
Viewing 40 posts - 20,721 through 20,760 (of 23,121 total)
  • Donald! Trump!
  • funkrodent

In his comments the judge told them they can’t have their cake and eat it! That’s blunt language for this sort of thing. I don’t think the lawyers have said they have been declassified though, that’s come from the Donald himself. He must be a nightmare to work for in a legal case.

The lawyers haven’t (can’t) say they’ve been declassified, because they haven’t. It’s one thing to tweet (or truth or whatever) whatever bollix that you want, it’s another thing entirely to make the claim as an attorney in a court of law. Because if it turns out to be a lie (it is) then you could be disbarred and potentially find yourself in the Dock too.

So if Donald is claiming it, but the lawyers aren’t using it, that’s a pretty good sign that it’s all a figment of his imagination. He is well and truly busted!

thols2

He just has to think they are declassified and they are. Also, the FBI were actually searching for Hillary’s emails. And, sending it to Mar-a-Lago or “wherever”, where else did he send them?

duncancallum

Hes in lumber for his golf courses in Scotland too.

Can we just not lock him up. Maybe have a global vote?

Guys just and odious turd

frankconway

I particularly liked the declaration of nil value for the trump multi storey in Chicago for tax purposes.

maccruiskeen

We’ll he does claim that much of the billions he reckons he’s worth is the value of the Trump brand so maybe his lies will in fact prove to be true – a building with Trump written on it may indeed become valueless

Northwind

The whole fantasy values things is interesting, things declared as being worth a kabillion dollars when it came to insurance, securing loans and generally masturbating, and then the same thing being declared as worthless for tax, bankruptcies etc. Obviously that’s fairly commonplace but it’s straight up fraud and the trump org did it so constantly and casually that it should be easy to roll up a bunch of those cases

mrchrist

This is like watching something on Netflix when you don’t know how many episodes or series there are. Feel like you are getting to the end and then BOOM! New series.

Klunk
    Free Member

Apparently Trump can declassify documents with his mind!

Northwind

Using the power of his mind, Biden now classifies all of qanon and truth social.

markgraylish
    Free Member

Lol, spectacular comeback (if only it was true)

Poopscoop

Lol, very good.😁

CountZero

Perhaps The Donald could offer to travel to Russia to do his bit by joining up; what with all the eligible Russians running for the borders, I’m sure Putin will welcome his American buddy with open arms.
    It would solve a lot of problems…

Superficial
    Free Member

He would, but ya know, those pesky bone spurs. Poor guy.

funkrodent

Well, it seems that the legal troubles of the Orange excrement-gibbon roll remorselessly onwards. This from the Grauniad

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2022/sep/24/donald-trump-investigation-mar-a-lago-legal-woes

Essentially though, not withstanding the Special Master, the DoJ has been given permission to continue with its examination of the classified docs. So he has managed to delay things by a couple of weeks.

When the pincers finally close on him, I expect his fall to be dramatic and quick..

CountZero

When the pincers finally close on him, I expect his fall to be dramatic and quick.

I dunno, part of me relishes it being slow and drawn out, just so we can really appreciate every salacious little detail of his decline.
    I’d like to see him end up living in a double-wide on a trailer park next to the Salton Sea in California, a most appropriate location for the orange shit-gibbon to finish up.

Salton Sea, California – Ghost Town Lake in the Desert

thols2

With Trumpers, it’s impossible to tell parody from reality.

funkrodent

Meanwhile the Orangeutang isn’t the only one facing jail time.

Turns out his completely above the board, rational, level-headed sometime election fraud advisor is facing a bit of bird too..

https://www.nbcnewyork.com/news/local/rudy-giuliani-has-2-weeks-to-pay-ex-wife-225k-or-face-jail-time/3878518/

Really, couldn’t happen to a nicer guy..

maccruiskeen

When the pincers finally close on him, I expect his fall to be dramatic and quick.

I dunno, part of me relishes it being slow and drawn out,

Thing is – Trump is relishing it too- for all his bleating and wingeing the whole Mar a Largo circus is keeping him the centre of attention. He’s currently furious about De-Santis’s Martha’s Vineyard stunt partly because he feels it was his idea and Whitehouse officials prevented him from carrying it out, but mainly because the coverage of it has knocked State-Secrets-Gate out of the headlines for a few days. His car-crash interview with Hannity blurting out nonsense about the FBI actually looking for Hillary’s emails at Mar a Largo are just pouring fuel on the fire so the spotlight turns back to him again

markgraylish
    Free Member

Thing is – Trump is relishing it too- for all his bleating and wingeing the whole Mar a Largo circus is keeping him the centre of attention.

I highly doubt it. It’s one thing to spout shite on TV, or at rally’s or on social media, but it’s a whole world of difference to do the same in court.

Does anyone know whether Trump himself has ever actually taken the stand in any of his legal challenges or has he always done a deal or otherwise weasel out of court appearances?
    Obviously, he pleaded the 5th in his deposition the other week, but outside of that, has he appeared in court?

mattyfez
    nickc

I expect his fall to be dramatic and quick..

I expect the outpouring of violence when that happens will be dramatic and long lasting

MoreCashThanDash

I expect the outpouring of violence when that happens will be dramatic and long lasting

I expect it to short and relatively localised. Even rednecks don’t like being played for fools by privileged rich kids.

tjagain

I think the convictions of the insurrectionists will be a deterrent and the backlash to the poor police response to the insurrection will lead to a very heavy handed response

nickc

I think the racial and political violence is only going to increase, and i think the likes of the 3 Percenters, boogaloo bois, and so on will be aided by mostly racist police forces across the central states and will act l (as they did on Jan 6th) with more and more impunity egged on by a few vocal supporters and enablers and an otherwise passive Republican party doing whatever they can to shore up a declining vote.

Either way next election if Donald wins or loses it’s going to be wild

Klunk
    Free Member

Donny has rebranded his movement to “Make America Gay Again”

maccruiskeen

Fascinating bit of podcast recently about some Trump lawyers who are actually good at their job. For all the fallings out and ripping offs and spats and feuds (and a bit of going to prison) theres a handful of lawyers that Trump unwittingly gave the keys to the Whitehouse to, who’ve feathered their own bed and while everything else has gone up in flames they’re doing quite nicely thank you.

The New Abnormal from about 17mins

Its about the law firm Jones Day, who cut their teeth first defending, and then later promoting, the tobacco industry then turned their ambition to politics. They zeroed in on Trump right at the beginning of his campaign simply because they saw him as an empty vessel. Having helped propel him to power they followed him into the Whitehouse, gave themselves government  jobs and used those jobs to give more jobs the other employees of Jones Day – many of them being lifetime appointments. So while Trump has been and gone…. they are still there. Jones Day is now able to represent its clients in front of Judges they personally appointed.

martinhutch

An interesting parallel drawn here…he so nearly gets it.

Daffy

Hmm – “the FBI – all they do is investigate”. Well, yeah – it’s in the name – To protect the people and to uphold the constitution – that’s their mandate. It was yours too, but you seemed to forget it on Jan 6th.

Klunk
    Free Member

in the same speech ^^ he claimed a pollster told him would have beaten george washington, abe lincoln running team by 40 pts! 😀

Northwind

To be fair, their grasp on social media and modern issues would be a bit poor

frankconway

Supreme Court refuse to intervene in Mar a Lago documents case.
    https://edition.cnn.com/2022/10/13/politics/supreme-court-trump-mar-a-lago/index.html

Not going well for the orange one.

martinhutch

And about to be subpoena-ed by the Jan 6 Committee.

vlad_the_invader

Yay, a bad day year for Trump is a ray of sunshine is an otherwise gloomy 2022!

shermer75
    Free Member

I god I hope this is a big step towards putting this dangerous idiot behind bars! As far as I know 1.30 ET is 6.30pm UK time

vlad_the_invader

^^^
    Nah, that’s nothing related to Trump

piemonster

There’s a few people out there talking about a GOP/MAGA civil war coming up? (Presumably without too many guns)

Anyone got a good grip on whats really going on?

somafunk

As usual beau has a good handle of possibilities

https://youtu.be/ZciFgggRndI

frankconway

No chance of a civil war or any other form of uprising.
    The various gobshites and wannabees had their day on 6 Jan; the sentences handed down should, IMO, have been stiffer but it provides a taste if what will happen in event of a repeat.
    Hey dude, wanna have some fun and wave your firearms around? Nope, I don’t fancy jail time.
    Additionally, law enforcement response would be much more forceful – and based on better intelligence.

piemonster

No, not that sort of a civil war. It’s the term I saw used but I think they’re really talking about de-MAGAfying the GOP.

Viewing 40 posts - 20,721 through 20,760 (of 23,121 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.