Viewing 40 posts - 20,681 through 20,720 (of 22,966 total)
  • Donald! Trump!
  • martinhutch

I suspect his reason for holding the documents was ti make hi.self look and feel important

Apparently none other than Kid Rock has previously said that Trump showed him stuff he had no business seeing. I’m hoping this refers to paperwork, rather than anything else.

So it’s clear that he probably waves around this shit to anyone who wanders into Mar-a-Lago.

MoreCashThanDash

So, Jared has business ties with the Saudis, Donald has the dirt on the Jewish nuclear bomb, the FBI and CIA are involved, Hunter’s laptop… etc. Every conspiracy nutter’s Christmas come true, they’ll tie this all up into some outlandish nonsense theory.

Just need Jimmy Saville for the full set, we know the connection to Prince Andrew already

maccruiskeen

I suspect his reason for holding the documents was to make himself look and feel important

Although there were a lot of empty folders too and some of the paperwork that was returned had been torn up –  so maybe as much motivated my shame as vanity. Aside from the empty folders at Mar a  Lago he was also flushing torn up paperwork down the toilets in the Whitehouse.

Trump tended to act aggressively towards Whitehouse officials who wrote any notes during meetings – he didnt like anything being written down. Theres no doubt behind the facade he’s hugely humiliated by his time in office. The idea that every single note, document and transaction during those four years becoming part of a permanent public record must be pretty haunting.

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    Northwind

martinhutch

Apparently none other than Kid Rock has previously said that Trump showed him stuff he had no business seeing.

Did Trump tell him that this is for the questions that don’t have any answers?

BoardinBob

Lost in yesterday’s news

oldnpastit

Looks like Trump now being investigated over his “Save America” (sic) PAC.

thols2

Medical emergency, apparently.

fasthaggis

I find it hard to believe that the healthiest,fittest,best looking president in the history of America has any medical problems. It’s probably some trivial illegal accusations that his elite team of lawyers need to get sorted ASAP.

Daffy

FAKE NEWS – the Antifa news have staged a body double of a conspicuously dressed Trump to…make him look bad. It’s just SAD. Bigly SAD.

Klunk
    Free Member

speculation that Trump is being arrested/indicted 😕 Though he might have a funeral to go to ?

markgraylish
    Free Member

@frankconway
    FYI: that’s behind a paywall…

Is this the same subject matter (CNN)?

thols2

How is it that anyone ever took Giuliani seriously? As far as I can tell, he was always a nut.

piemonster

Is anyone able to explain this?

https://twitter.com/w7lvez/status/1569537912378900482?t=n7MPNjuLAqysJ9kPbbDPlw&s=19

Satire died a few years back, cant tell up from down any more

pk13

No

thepodge
    Free Member

He’s interested in the dictatorship side, not the political side of things.

Klunk
    Free Member

there a video of the orange shitgibbon driving around his virginia golf course in buggy being chased or chasing his lawyers around also in buggies… just needs the benny hill music.

frankconway

markgraylish – just sign uo for a free account.

markgraylish
    Free Member

markgraylish – just sign uo for a free account.

Ive already have a NYT account but I’ve exceeded my free access limits…

frankconway

markgraylish – yes, it’s the article which CNN picked up on.

funkrodent

He posted a ‘truth’ (Ha!) On lie social that was a picture of him with a Q badge and the headline ‘The Storm is Coming’. He’s pretty desperate now I’d say..

That or he’s hell bent on doing something really, really dumb and committing political suicide. It’s what did for him in 2016 right..?..Oh!

Northwind

I think the qanon lunatics/radicalised halfwits and their followers are pretty much the only group that he can still count on without question. Preaching to the converted has always been his thing- he doesn’t like convincing people, he likes having crowds cheer when he says what they want to hear, so it’s pretty natural for him to go ever deeper in that direction. Looks like it’ll continue to reduce his wider appeal and lead to an increase in dangerous madness from him, while keeping him in the public eye enough that people will see it happening even while the legal stuff continues, so I reckon it’s mostly self harming but at the same time it’ll stop him from becoming as irrelevant as if he tried to stay more mainstream- he’ll have less support, but the support he has will be waaaay more movivated and dangerous.

MoreCashThanDash

he’ll have less support, but the support he has will be waaaay more movivated and dangerous

Yes, seems to be the most likely outcome.

Klunk
    Free Member
    Macgyver

Well it looks like his lawyers stunt to get a third party involved in the top secret docs scandal isn’t quite what they had hoped for, CNN reporting……

Judge Raymond Dearie, the special master overseeing the seizure of documents from Mar-a-Lago, signaled to lawyers for former President Donald Trump that if they don’t make a case that any of the documents were declassified, he would determine that they’re classified.

In his comments the judge told them they can’t have their cake and eat it! That’s blunt language for this sort of thing. I don’t think the lawyers have said they have been declassified though, that’s come from the Donald himself. He must be a nightmare to work for in a legal case.

frankconway

trump, donald jnr, eric and ivanka all being sued for fraud by Letitia James’ office.
    Court papers are on CNN website.

matt_outandabout

Just another nail…
    I feel there’s decades of argument and court process ahead.

franksinatra

Same same. Trump has spent most of his life being sued by private individuals, companies and government agencies. This is just his latest challenge, but situation normal for him. He’ll carry on doing the same until he dies. We will never see him in jail.

mattyfez

Must be a stressful way to live your life…
    Has the Donald ever known happiness?

sillyoldman

I sure hope not.

frankconway

In the past trump was able to drag out legal suits, buy off litigants and generally get away with whatever he was accused of.
    He was the biggest dog in the fight.
    Not this time; James has referred this to the IRS and, I think, the DoJ.
    IRS and DoJ represent the US government; as someone posted a few pages back, there is no bigger dog.
    This case, combined with all the others, should see the end of trump.
    Next month sees the start of a court case against the trump org with weisselberg testifying against as part of his plea bargain; if he doesn’t keep his end if that agreement he’ll serve time.

maccruiskeen

Must be a stressful way to live your life…
    Has the Donald ever known happiness?

Does he look like a happy guy to you? He’s found his people by appealing to folk who are always looking at something to feel mad about or threatened by. Populism isnt popular because it makes everyone happy. Its for people who revel in revulsion and are alway looking for another imagined bogie man to unite against. Trump can imagine bogie men all day.

Klunk
    Free Member

some creepy cringe!

markgraylish
    Free Member

A triple whammy for the Trump household today:
    The NY civil lawsuit into his (alleged!) over-inflation of his property/businesses valuations announced

The successful appeal by the DOJ to allow access to the seized Mar-a-lago documents

Another conservative activist involved in the efforts to overturn the election (Virginia Thomas) agrees to testify.

I suspect Trump won’t have any more toys in the pram tonight

dyna-ti

No matter how powerful you are, no one is above the law.

If only that were true. Theft of $15m. Likely to end in no prison time, a fine, or some sort of plea deal against other corrupt officials, which themselves will eventually come to nothing, once that is the public’s gaze has been directed elsewhere.

MoreCashThanDash

Another conservative activist involved in the efforts to overturn the election (Virginia Thomas) agrees to testify.

Whose husband sits on the Supreme Court apparently….🤔

cookeaa

I’m not so sure Donald will see the inside of a cell TBH he’s 76 and will either die first or tie the various cases up in procedural nonsense with whichever truckstop lawyers he can grift into defending him. Nah Don will be just fine…

It’s all of his lunatic believers I’m concerned about, the kind of people that turn up for a ‘rally’ and then let themselves get talked into invading government buildings. How will those gun toting idiots respond to their Orange saviour being set upon by the state?

That and who then picks up the golden ticket to lead the coalition of crazy once Donald is finally gone…

MSP

That and who then picks up the golden ticket to lead the coalition of crazy once Donald is finally gone…

The midterms will be interesting. While “the coalition of crazy” is strengthening it’s grip on the republican party, it is yet to be seen if it is resonating at all with the electorate.

Unfortunately Biden is such a non entity, he also doesn’t look to be connecting with the electorate. He won last time basically on a anyone but Trump surge of the disenfranchised voters, I am not sure they will be so motivated if the political landscape still ignores them.

thols2

Court of Appeals just gave him a thumping on the classified documents issue.

Viewing 40 posts - 20,681 through 20,720 (of 22,966 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.