Viewing 40 posts - 521 through 560 (of 2,820 total)
  • Dominic Cummings !
  • bruneep

Looks like that’s the official CS account 😁

csb

The bloke that took a picture of his number plate is considerably richer today. I imagine it will appear on the front pages overnight.

Not sure it matters anymore does it? He’d have to be pictured peeing on the gravestone of a WW2 hero or somesuch, and even then Boris would come out and say he was being a good citizen giving it a clean.

frankconway

w00dster – cummings brother and sister-in-law live in London. His closest aide lives 2 streets away.

igm

Just been deleted I think – the civil service tweet that is.

eskay

That is great bruneep, I wonder if the account was hacked or it really is an employee?

grahamt1980

That twitter post has just been shown on bbc

dannybgoode

Wow. The civil service aren’t holding back!!

—-
    Arrogant and offensive.

Can you imagine having to work with these truth twisters?
    — UK Civil Service (@UKCivilService) May 24, 2020
    —-

Edit – Sorry just seen this had already been posted. That said if it has been withdrawn it’s a bit like a lawyer asking the defendant a question and then withdrawing it.

It just plants a seed in peoples heads. It’s out there regardless and shows just what a risky strategy this is by BJ. If he loses the support of too many people he’s in trouble.

chewkw
    Free Member

Chewkw is Emu
    Cummins is Rod Hull, hope he’s got a glove on

😬

andrewreay

Did you catch this?

Since been deleted, but posted on the official Civil Service Twitter feed…

Offensive...

bruneep

null

always grab a screen shot 😉

theotherjonv

BBC news has just shown it too, and then mentioned it’s since been deleted. Of course, it’ll be a hack or a ‘disgruntled employee’ ……

mattyfez

some massive dead cat and we are something else.

This.. Did he actually break the law? He certainly stretched it to the limit.. it’s all very confusing by design and that’s the Conservative modus operandi.

tagnut69
    Free Member

with all the noise over this cockwomble and covid, what else is going on in the background they dont want us to know about?

eskay

It’s not about breaking the law, it is about responsible actions and integrity

mattyfez

Apparently settled status doesn’t mean what it used to, that’s one example we’re heading straight into a no deal brexit in a few months too…

plus-one

One rule for peasants one rule for heirachy 🙄

mashr

All animals are equal…

mudmuncher

I found the spectator article from his missus on a window left open on my phone (link now no longer working)

Mary Wakefield
    Getting coronavirus does not bring clarity
    From magazine issue: 25 April 2020
    Getting coronavirus does not bring clarity
    (iStock)

I had thought that actually getting the coronavirus would bring clarity — that there would be some satisfaction in meeting the enemy, feeling its spectral hands around my lungs. No such luck. Uncertainty is the hallmark of Covid-19. Even its origins are murky: wet markets or the Wuhan Centre for Disease Control? Who knows, and who would ever believe the Chinese government anyway? When you’ve got it, the sense of medieval unknowing only deepens. Is this definitely it? Will it get worse? Will it come back?

My version of the virus began with a nasty headache and a grubby feeling of unease, after which I threw up on the bathroom floor. ‘That’s disgusting, Mum,’ said my four-year-old son, handing me a towel with a look of patronising distaste.

I’ve never known a bug treat its victims so differently. My friends have reported stabbing sore throats, a loss of taste and smell, and numbness in their fingertips. The Huazhong university in Wuhan has just updated its list of official first symptoms which now includes: headache, dizziness, muscle inflammation, fever, diarrhoea, vomiting and coughing.

One slight but sad effect of this great variation in symptoms is that it makes phoning friends to share Covid stories peculiarly unsatisfying. ‘Weren’t the muscle aches awful? Oh, you didn’t get them. Nope, no sore throat for me. Oh well.’

That evening, as I lay on the sofa, a happy thought occurred to me: if this was the virus, then my husband, who works 16-hour days as a rule, would have to come home. I let myself imagine a fortnight in bed with ‘mild symptoms’, chatting to Dom and son through an open door. More fool me.

My husband did rush home to look after me. He’s an extremely kind man, whatever people assume to the contrary. But 24 hours later, he said ‘I feel weird’ and collapsed. I felt breathless, sometimes achy, but Dom couldn’t get out of bed. Day in, day out for ten days he lay doggo with a high fever and spasms that made the muscles lump and twitch in his legs. He could breathe, but only in a limited, shallow way.

After a week, we reached peak corona uncertainty. Day six is a turning point, I was told: that’s when you either get better or head for ICU. But was Dom fighting off the bug or was he heading for a ventilator? Who knew? I sat on his bed staring at his chest, trying to count his breaths per minute. The little oxygen reader we’d bought on Amazon indicated that he should be in hospital, but his lips weren’t blue and he could talk in full sentences, such as: ‘Please stop staring at my chest, sweetheart.’

My son, in his doctor’s uniform, administered Ribena with the grim insistence of a Broadmoor nurse
    When do you go to hospital? Do you really wait until the lips go blue? Cedd, in his doctor’s uniform, administered Ribena with the grim insistence of a Broadmoor nurse, and this might be my only really useful advice for other double-Covid parents or single mothers with pre-schoolers: get out the doctor’s kit and make it your child’s job to take your temperature. Any game that involves lying down is a good game. My other corona tip is to order at least a litre of PVA glue. As Dom lay sweating, Cedd and I made a palace out of polystyrene packaging. I’ve laughed in the past at men who obsess over model railways. I won’t laugh again. In a chaotic and unpredictable environment, there’s nothing more comforting than having total control over your own tiny world. Long after my son lost interest I was busy gluing on towers, and cutting coloured acetate to make window panes. When Dom finally made it into the kitchen, he found me manically applying cheap plastic stick-on gems to a loo-roll tower. ‘Mum’s busy playing,’ I heard Cedd tell Dom, as he trotted off to fetch the oximeter.

Just as Dom was beginning to feel better, it was reported that Boris was heading in the other direction, into hospital. I’ve been a slack Christian during this era of biblical plague. Churches are shut, even Catholic churches, and somehow that makes more of a difference than I thought it would. One of the reasons I converted was because the doors of Catholic churches were always open, the sanctuary lamp lit, and now they’re closed it feels as if someone’s turned off the spiritual stopcock. But what’s there to do for the sick now except pray? I left my polystyrene palace and got to my knees for Boris, and found to my surprise that my prayers flowed easily, as if carried along in a current of others.

After the uncertainty of the bug itself, we emerged from quarantine into the almost comical uncertainty of London lockdown. Everything and its opposite seems true. People are frightened and they’re calm; it’s spring and it’s not. Queueing’s a pain in the ass and the most fun you’ll have all day.

There’s been much talk of the spirit of the Blitz, but there’s something of the spirit of East Berlin, too. Social distancing is supposed to be a helpful and communal act, but people smile noticeably less. I think it’s guilt by association. Because it’s natural to steer clear of someone you dislike, when you keep your distance for other reasons, you feel instinctively hostile. There’s a woman jogger I’ve seen a few times now who runs around scowling with an arm held out horizontally to keep everyone at bay. If I didn’t have a child in tow, I’d be tempted to walk straight into her.

But then there are the birds, which are chirpier now there’s less noise to compete with, and the strange and wonderful feeling of returning to a world in which waiting is a thing. It’s like the 1990s all over again, people leaning on walls, staring into the distance, scuffing their trainers for something to do. And when you do meet a friend by chance on the street and stop for a guilty, distanced chat, it feels utterly joyful.

avdave2

He couldn’t sack Cummings it would be like Emu sacking Rod Hull.

I’m off to throw stones at his tv aerial, see if i can knock it out of line.

amodicumofgnar

County Durham being the Land of the Prince Bishops is kind of fitting right now.

Woody
    Free Member

Brilliant that chewkw is still on here. Always hilarious and good value.

I’m starting to think this is a well orchestrated plan to allow BJ to duck out now that he’s achieved his objective of being PM for a while. Can I be first to give it an appropriate title…. Borexit.

andylaightscat
    Free Member

and I’ll lend him my special ladder …..

franksinatra

In reference to the civil service tweet, as mentioned on twitter by the excellent secret barrister…
    I hope and expect that when this Civil Servant is identified, the government will accept that they were simply following instinct and doing what any reasonable person would do.

Kryton57

I’m starting to think this is a well orchestrated plan to allow BJ to duck out now that he’s achieved his objective of being PM for a while.

Or to distract from his hiding places he resorts too.  Did you notice he bounded into the room, but shuffled out round shouldered?  He’s either ill or can cope with the job – or both.  Maybe a new PM will appear where Cummings will appear not to be that ones Special Friend for a bit in the pretence of a clean slate.

cookeaa

That daily brief was comedy gold. My favourite moment was an exasperated Robert Preston very clearly groaning and throwing his arms up at his questions being spectacularly not answered before they could flip the zoom feed on…

Utter, utter farce.

They’d never circle the waggons like this for any one in the cabinet… What on earth has Cummings got? Nobody is this indispensable…

mudmuncher

still on USA site
    https://spectator.us/getting-coronavirus-bring-clarity/amp/?__twitter_impression=true

Looks like only the UK version removed, Dom must be getting sloppy, though I expect he is very busy trying to cover his tracks.

kelvin

disgruntled employee

Imagine how many of those there are now.

exsee
    Free Member

On this occasion I think bozzer has done the right thing, people have lost their heads completely so gov need to rise above the noise. To be fair I’ve been applying common sense to all sorts of family situations since the vague lockdown began.
    Will be interesting to see what pics turn up tomorrow, the trap is set now.

kelvin

Quick question… Why are you all surprised, and what did you expect the PM to do?

eskay

Sack Cummings would have been the logical thing. Look at what we have all sacrificed over the last few months.

Actually, he should have walked and saved this shit storm

kelvin

To be fair I’ve been applying common sense to all sorts of family situations since the vague lockdown began.

Did your workmates test positive for Covid19, then you and your family get symptoms, and then did you travel 250 miles from your home to be somewhere nicer, then you and your wife pretend that you stayed at home the whole time? All while everyone else with symptoms isolated themselves at home on you and your workmates’ instruction?

crikey
    Free Member

Populations get the governments they deserve…

If the UK, collectively, tolerates this then they deserve the consequences.

…and ironically, DC having not stayed in when he should will mean he’s not going out anywhere for a very long time…

falkirk-mark

Kelvin I was disappointed (false hope) but I wasn’t surprised in the least obviously no show Bojo thought he would need to do the briefing himself (either that or they all told him to eff off)

Kryton57

If the UK, collectively, tolerates this then they deserve the consequences.

What can we the people actually do though Crikey, right now to change this?

Riksbar

I’m too young to have really experienced Thatcher’s government. I know people didn’t like her but I never really understood the hatred that saw people throw parties when she died. I get it now.

At its worst there was at least the feeling that it was being done out of patriotism, a misplaced, uncaring heartless patriotism that was willing to exert the power of the state against its own citizens, but a feeling that they genuinely believed it was for the good of Britain. (I disagree but that’s a a different argument). This lot seem to be working to some other agenda with no thought for the long term consequences for the people and nation.

theotherjonv

He had in my mind two obvious options.

Sack him.

Or come out and say it was wrong but he did it by instinct – and assert authority, even a fine, but then back him for his brilliance in leading policy or whatever as a reason why he doesn’t sack him.

The second would be tricky when others have had to go for failure in judgement, but not untenable with a bit of brassneck.

What he did do beggars belief.

(can the Scottish Health Lead and Welsh whoever it was get their jobs back now?)

bruneep

yup sack him or tell his time is up.

Scottish Tories were quite clear on what should happen to Dr Calderwood, and she wasn’t infected.

bruneep

Cold war steve
    null

crikey
    Free Member

What can we the people actually do though Crikey, right now to change this?

I don’t know, I’m just shouting at pigeons at the moment, but public sentiment as with Captain Tom can be harnessed..

Viewing 40 posts - 521 through 560 (of 2,820 total)

The topic ‘Dominic Cummings !’ is closed to new replies.