Viewing 40 posts - 561 through 600 (of 2,820 total)
  • Dominic Cummings !
  • amodicumofgnar

Did your workmates test positive for Covid19, then you and your family get symptoms, and then did you travel 250 miles from your home to be somewhere nicer, then you and your wife pretend that you stayed at home the whole time? All while everyone else with symptoms isolated themselves at home on you and your workmates’ instruction?

Yep, six degrees of Boris Johnson.

tomhoward

What would DC’s instincts tell him to do, should there be protesters outside his house(s) for the next few til he resigns weeks.

theotherjonv

That’s what we need – Captain Tom to come out and condemn Cummings, The gammons will turn round so fast they’ll screw themselves knee deep into the ground.

dannyh
    Free Member

Or to distract from his hiding places he resorts too.  Did you notice he bounded into the room, but shuffled out round shouldered? 

Do you reckon Gove chopped him a line of the old Peruvian Marching Powder?

Disgruntled employee

Imagine how many of those there are now.

No more then there were before, because pretty much 100% of civil servants hate the **** anyway.

Kryton57

What would DC’s instincts tell him to do,

Stick his middle finger up and sneer whilst he recounts the arrogance of power he holds over the mere public of this country?

Kryton57

Do you reckon Gove chopped him a line of the old Peruvian Marching Powder?

This occurred to me during the Broadcast!

lunge

You can’t have Johnson without Cummings, so given Johnson won’t go therefore neither can Cummings.
    We can rant and shout all we like but the 2 are stuck together.
    So our best chance is some kind of Tory coupe to get rid of the blond buffoon. How you instigate that is a different question.

dannyh
    Free Member

On the rogue CS tweet.

A government spokesman said: “An unauthorised tweet was posted on a government channel this evening. The post has been removed and we are investigating the matter.”

Oh I bet you **** are.

Absolutely top priority that one.

****s.

Onzadog
    Free Member

Humm, if I’ve got a 260 mile radius to play with, where should I drive to for the 8pm boo tomorrow.

kelvin

So our best chance is some kind of Tory coupe to get rid of the blond buffoon.

Not going to happen. They used their coup to change the make up of the parliamentary party. They have a complete hold on it. A few rebels might state the obvious about Cummings’ behaviour, but they will not be disloyal to the PM… and he can not be disloyal to Cummings. They both stay until it’s time for Cummings to “step away” from number 10 to research and plan for the next general election… which Johnson will contest… he’ll want that second win as a notch on his life ambitions bedpost.

bruneep

ajaj
    Free Member

What can we the people actually do though Crikey, right now to change this?

Wikipedia has a list of Conservative Party donors, as does the Electoral Commission (albeit a lot try very hard to obscure their donations). You could start by boycotting them.

exsee
    Free Member

Kelvin, no, I didn’t have to make that decision.

Dom wasn’t going on his hollibobs, the media circus has ramped this right up but as of yet I can’t see this is as dramatic as people want it to be.
    Jacinda Ardern in NZ was praised for her common sense approach for dealing with the health minister and his story was basically ‘i was off for a jolly (twice)’

kelvin

Jacinda Ardern in NZ was praised for her common sense approach for dealing with the health minister and his story was basically ‘i was off for a jolly (twice)’

Did he have symptoms, and had his closest workmates tested positive?

And didn’t he apologise? And didn’t he lose his job?

crikey
    Free Member

I suspect that a referendum on this matter would suggest DC needs to get in the sea.

Northwind

exsee

Dom wasn’t going on his hollibobs

Assuming you believe that the first trip was the only one, and you don’t believe in the second trip after he was recovered, and you don’t believe in the visit to castle barnard. But in the real world, yes, he went on his hollibobs.

tomhoward
    Subscriber

What would DC’s instincts tell him to do, should there be protesters outside his house(s) for the next few til he resigns weeks.

Well we know the answer to that don’t we, he’d pop round his mum’s.

exsee
    Free Member

No. He was going out for a play👍
    He wasn’t concerned that he might get hospitalised so took his 4 year old to be close to trusted family (a slightly more difficult decision than going to play on the beach I reckon)

twistedpencil

exsee, just what does Dom have a photo of you doing?

dannyh
    Free Member

Humm, if I’ve got a 260 mile radius to play with, where should I drive to for the 8pm boo tomorrow.

I’ve had a similar thought. Even since the relaxation of the rules I haven’t been driving to ride. My conscience doesn’t make me think it is essential enough.

But now my eyes have been opened. My lack of away day rides has made me a bit tetchy and I am afraid for my mental wellbeing and that of my family.

With this in mind, at the first opportunity my bike is going on the roof of my car and I’m off for a day’s riding. All in the interests of the health of me and my family.

Should stricter lockdown rules come back in (which I think they will) then I will be putting the same interpretation on them. Police and irate locals will be given this same reasoning. I am just preempting a potential issue with my mental health that may or may not happen, but better safe than sorry, I say.

dannyh
    Free Member

exsee, just what does Dom have a photo of you doing?

I’ve noticed a bit of this of late.

I think some of these people are hoping to be talent-spotted in some way by Cummings and his ilk.

“Me sir, look at me sir….”

Onzadog
    Free Member

The cliché is that there’s a photo of someone **** a goat. However, didn’t Cameron already prove it was possible to weather that storm?

Futureboy77
    Free Member

No. He was going out for a play👍
    He wasn’t concerned that he might get hospitalised so took his 4 year old to be close to trusted family (a slightly more difficult decision than going to play on the beach I reckon)

Wow. So despite other family members living a stone’s throw away, driving that distance was acceptable?
    He must have been in a bad way, given neither childcare nor hospital was required. I don’t know about you, but I wouldn’t fancy driving that distance when I was so ill. I also wouldn’t fancy sharing the enclosed space of a car with my kids either, spreading that all that viral load. I’m pretty impressed at the Disco Sport though, the fuel economy must be pretty good when it doesn’t need a top up.

exsee
    Free Member

😁 yes yes the implied insults roll in if you have a different opinion.

You can’t defend someone without being a supporter type of thing, that’s just not logical for me and certainly won’t lead to a better type of politics imo.

tjagain

Binbins – don’t be tasting that lovely pastry based goodness yet. Still 6 days to go!

What odds on Johnson not lasting the month? The 1922 committee could easily give him the tories equivalent of a bottle of whiskey and a revolver. Remember they can have a vote of no confidence in Johnson as leader of the party without causing the fall of the government. Enter backstabbing Gove

dannyh
    Free Member

yes yes the implied insults roll in if you have a different opinion.

You can’t defend someone without being a supporter type of thing, that’s just not logical for me and certainly won’t lead to a better type of politics imo.

Nowhere near good enough.

If you really want to get noticed you have to be more aggressive.

That’s only going to get you a casual contract reposting other people’s stuff.

nickc

Enter backstabbing Gove

who’s even more of a Cummings fan boi than Johnson

dannyh
    Free Member

Enter backstabbing Gove

Not even he is avaricious enough to risk it now.

tjagain

nickc – indeed – but Gove would do anything for the top job.

kelvin

Cummings and Johnson are both here to stay.

Northwind

Aye, the job now is to make sure every bit of shit sticks to them.

kelvin

You can’t defend someone without being a supporter type of thing

Please, keep defending away… your first example of someone else “getting away with it” was someone who apologised for their rule breaking, lost their job, and wasn’t infected anyway.

If Cummings apologised, I suspect the public response would have been quite different.

mrlebowski
    Free Member

Those trying to defend DC quite frankly fing astound me.

Do you really think it was beyond the wit & the ken of No 10 to have found a solution for Dom so he didn’t have to make the journey?

Hmm?

Honestly?

I mean…..come on..

exsee
    Free Member

Futureboy77, I don’t think Dom was ill at the time, just covering the bases in case things took a turn for the worse. I would be worried about our youngster being left on their Tod so can empathise with the concern. I haven’t locked myself in my room though so guess others feel cheated even though our lockdown has been vague.

Dannyh. Shhh.

MoreCashThanDash

He wasn’t concerned that he might get hospitalised so took his 4 year old to be close to trusted family (

So he doesn’t trust the London based family then?

He and his wife didn’t write hard accounts of their Covid quarantine in the Spectator, but just forget to mention the heart wrenching “if we die what happens to our young son” aspect that caused them to make a desperate dash to protect him?

He was happy to stand by while two senior advisors were hounded out of office for breaking the rules, but doesn’t think he should go for breaking those same rules?

tjagain

Cummings broke the rules – plain and simple. He had no valid excuse for one trip to Durham let alone 2 or more

The rules were simple – he should have been in isolation in london.

yourguitarhero
    Free Member

An organised, mass disobeying the rules protest? Some kind of convoy driving between London and Durham?

exsee
    Free Member

Kelvin. The NZ health minister had a demotion but still kept on and he was just going for a play on the beach not worried about his children, every example is slightly different, not sure what calderwoods reasons were, did it ever get reported. I wanted sturgeon to do a jacinda on that one too but if she had no story then no way out

The problem is that the vague rules here allowed people some common sense application which is good for progressive politics but bad if people don’t apply it on your terms.

TiRed

‘disgruntled employee’ ……

That will be the entire civil service then.

theotherjonv

“I’m Spartacus…..”

says the whole civil service on Tuesday

Viewing 40 posts - 561 through 600 (of 2,820 total)

The topic ‘Dominic Cummings !’ is closed to new replies.