Home Forums Chat Forum Do we have any good football club names in the UK.

Viewing 11 posts - 41 through 51 (of 51 total)
  • Do we have any good football club names in the UK.
  • P20

Another vote for Blyth Spartans, though their current predicament means they may not be around much longer…..

IMG_5293

Caher

Reading <mic drop> /

creakingdoor
    Free Member

Keith.

“Who are we playing next weekend?”

“Keith”

“Just Keith, or will anyone else be with him?”

Yep, I know it’s a town in NE Scotland.

whatyadoinsucka
    Free Member
    joshvegas
    Free Member

I broke a rule of mine.

I dropped below the bottom half of the internet.

**** me sideways the Daily Heil readership are a bunch of cretins.

waveydavey
    Free Member

accrington stanley

who are they?

Exactly

Dickyboy

Arsenal is a good one suggest mighty weapons to hand.

That’s because they originated from nr Woolwich Arsenal.

Tottenham Hotspurs, originally wanted to be called just “Hotspurs” but the London Hotspurs that my great grandfather played for objected.

joshvegas
    Free Member

That’s because they originated from nr Woolwich Arsenal.

I assumed they had come from within. A works team essentially.

I must admit I am quite keen, as a fifer,  to watch the mighty Burntisland ship yard FC!

Dickyboy

I assumed they had come from within

They may well have done as I can’t remember the exact details great grandad had a few shares in Arsenal which we only found out from some heir hunter guy about 50yrs after ggd died.

Dickyboy

I assumed they had come from within. A works team essentially.

They may well have done as I can’t remember the exact details, great grandad had some shares* in Arsenal and was a ref in the southern premier league in the early 1900s, have tried to research into it but mostly lost to the mists of time apart from occasional old match reports that pop up on the net from time to time.

* we only found out about 50yrs after he died, some heir hunter guy came knocking at my parents door, my mum ended up with 1 whole share – worth about 10k when it got sold.

BigJohn

They’ll be dancing in the streets of Raith tonight! But as Raith Rovers is the name of Kirkcaldy’s club that’s a bit unlikely.

Aston Villa (glorious name) earlier this season played the Berne team Young Boys at the Wankdorf Stadium. I don’t know why some people thought that was funny.

Hull City is the only English team with a name that you can’t colour in any of its letters and it’s the law that every team has to have at least one letter from the word Mackerel in its name.

Viewing 11 posts - 41 through 51 (of 51 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.